• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

To date the movie has grossed $835,081,603..my 850 projection is gonna me more like 840-845...they probably gross say 1/3 when everything is said and done (china 20%) which means they break even paying out some back end payments to talent.

Now where they can make a profit is in the pay-per view, Blu-ray, and cable and tv rights...still it is amazing this Dog got anywhere near this...so much for taste. I really hope the R rated version is given a chance at theaters..history shows it gonna be better..well it really has to be.

I find after a directors cut is released , I never go beck to the smaller version of the firm and that is the positive thing here...we never have to go back....so they will down the line, make money...not as much as they had hoped and not so little as to her rid of sack the hack, I mean sack...which mean 2, not one JLA movies with this director..dont get me wrong, again I love 300 its a masterpiece, and watchmen directors cuts also is super. Sucker punch, I liked, but admired a gutsy vision, but not as much as the above two by a mile...The jury out, maybe they will give him more leeway this time..who knows how many executives put there hands into the pot...just see the Film about the making of Tim Burtons superman-my highest recommendation....an amazing look at a movie project that FAILED with Nick Cage as superman..some really great ideas and jaw dropping production art..and then this Jackasss Jon Peters...the typical hollywood producer has his SAY IN THE MOVIE...folks it is amazing anything gets done in hollywood, let alone produce a great film.,,So maybe some blame to warners and the producers although

one was Zacks wife.

The Tim Burton nightmare of the Superman is classic hitting the wall when you come in great, new, exciting ideas...and in movie lingo " it would have been a contender" for a unique and classic superman film, now that is what I am talking about.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice held well in weekend five, despite losing 439 theaters. The Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. would-be blockbuster earned $1.48 million (-39%) in 3,066 theaters to bring its cume to $315..46m. Expect a $5.4m (-40%) weekend. That’ll bring its cume up to $319m in its first month, meaning that it has outgrossed Iron Man 2 ($312m) and Iron Man ($318m) not accounting for inflation/3D/etc.

You would need to account for the boxoffice inflation when comparing the movies and an excellent one is on Boxofficemjoj which has an adjusted for inflation figure ... So both the marvel movies in terms of admissions beat bat b super

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice held well in weekend five, despite losing 439 theaters. The Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. would-be blockbuster earned $1.48 million (-39%) in 3,066 theaters to bring its cume to $315..46m. Expect a $5.4m (-40%) weekend. That’ll bring its cume up to $319m in its first month, meaning that it has outgrossed Iron Man 2 ($312m) and Iron Man ($318m) not accounting for inflation/3D/etc.

Guess it all depends on how you spin it, as you could also say its dailies are now below Zootopia, despite Zootopia having been out for more weeks than BvS.

As for out-grossing Iron Man 1 and 2, the movie world is a far different place than it was even six years ago, when China was but an after-thought in marketing (the first two Iron Man movies grossed $23 million in China combined, whereas Ant-Man grossed over $100 million there - something BvS might not do).

When the last two entries in the Batman franchise did over $450 million domestic and 1 billion each at the worldwide boxoffice, WB executives certainly never though that if they added DC's other (two) most iconic character(s) that they would be lucky if they could reach the domestic gross of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Their public spin of course will be different, but there is no doubt that they are quite concerned about these results.

Sup V Bat down from 4th place to 6th..studio high estimate is 5,520,000 mine about 5.2. Worldwide total is 851,601,000 which means it cracks the 850 Mark...I don't see it cracking the 875..more in the range of 860-5 with 31 days in release. Yahoo news have a super article about Bat v super was it a hit..breaks down a lot of things..one factor I did not consider is toys...278 million on that win...winner it did say the break even point of box office gross was 800 Mill SO we are looking over 300 mil profit..it does go on say that it was not avengers money...it made money..but still a disappointment...

Edited by Mmehdy

Sup V Bat down from 4th place to 6th..studio high estimate is 5,520,000 mine about 5.2. Worldwide total is 851,601,000 which means it cracks the 850 Mark...I don't see it cracking the 875..more in the range of 860-5 with 31 days in release. Yahoo news have a super article about Bat v super was it a hit..breaks down a lot of things..one factor I did not consider is toys...278 million on that win...winner it did say the break even point of box office gross was 800 Mill SO we are looking over 300 mil profit..it does go on say that it was not avengers money...it made money..but still a disappointment...

One thing it did was make the upcoming Wonder Woman and Ben Affleck Batman movies get some juice.

It opened the door for both solo movies. They both will be much more anticipated now.

I can see Golden Age Wonder Woman and GA Batman comics continuing to hot.

Mitch. They never wanted to make money on this film :o .They just wanted to get the BALL rolling. :idea:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-V-Superman-Just-Passed-Major-MCU-Movie-Box-Office-126827.html

What a great job he did. (thumbs u

(thumbs u Great link, Chairman Woo. lol

Cinemablend's spin on the BO is amusing. If BvS was the theoretical product launch of DC's unified universe you'd think they'd expect to hit one outta the park, not just take a ball and a walk.

In discussing the critical respose C-blend seems to be downplaying the perceived damage of lowered expectations.

Behind the scenes WB has reportedly taken drastic steps in an attempt to insure future DC universe productions don't suffer a similar fate. Reshoots on Suicide Squad have been reported, making public Ben Affleck's directing the next Batman film (de-emphasis of Zack Snyder's involvement), and finally rethinking the production of new blockbuster franchises (tightening the schedule, taking less risk by focusing more on proven properties)

Mitch. They never wanted to make money on this film :o .They just wanted to get the BALL rolling. :idea:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-V-Superman-Just-Passed-Major-MCU-Movie-Box-Office-126827.html

Cinemablend's spin on the BO is amusing. If BvS was the theoretical product launch of DC's unified universe you'd think they'd expect to hit one outta the park, not just take a ball and a walk.

In discussing the critical respose C-blend seems to be downplaying the perceived damage of lowered expectations.

Behind the scenes WB has reportedly taken drastic steps in an attempt to insure future DC universe productions don't suffer a similar fate. Reshoots on Suicide Squad have been reported, making public Ben Affleck's directing the next Batman film (de-emphasis of Zack Snyder's involvement), and finally rethinking the production of new blockbuster franchises (tightening the schedule, taking less risk by focusing more on proven properties)

Speaker DavidMerryweather.

A girl told me once it does not matter what side of ball you play, Once you start you are still playing the game. :o

Edited by woowoo

B

A girl told me once it does not matter what side of ball you play, Once you start you are still playing the game. :o

In baseball, home runs get you closer to winning game than foul balls and walks. My fortune cookie goes on to say "...same thing true of movie." :grin:

B

In baseball, home runs get you closer to winning game than foul balls and walks. My fortune cookie goes on to say "...same thing true of movie." :grin:

Bigger is better. :roflmao: Home run everytime :whistle:

Keep trying Mitch you will eventually make a correct prediction once they pull this dog from the theaters.

Was at the local multiplex cinema to catch a second screeing of Zootopia earlier today and noticed BvS was one theater down (next to the door).

I could've sworn I saw Zack Snyder standing there trying to wave people in with hat in hand taking donations. :shy:

Was at the local multiplex cinema to catch a second screeing of Zootopia earlier today and noticed BvS was one theater down (next to the door).

I could've sworn I saw Zack Snyder standing there trying to wave people in with hat in hand taking donations. :shy:

Did you stay a motel 6 ? :popcorn:

Keep trying Mitch you will eventually make a correct prediction once they pull this dog from the theaters.

Yeah a $300M profit is certainly a disappointment! If I got that type of return on my investments I'd be crying all the way to bank!! (shrug)

Was at the local multiplex cinema to catch a second screening of Zootopia earlier today and noticed BvS was one theater down (next to the door).

Did you stay a motel 6 ? :popcorn:

Think it was Theater 11; I neither stayed nor donated to Zack's cause. :devil:

22e062bd-b908-4f9a-90a2-98bcf05f0b25_zpspdukgmm0.jpg

.93c20cc0-2990-48f9-9f16-d1692f0a4bdf_zpsqxnsdwf3.jpg

Is Motel 6 where you were told "...it does not matter which side of ball you play" ...?

f_885963.gif

Yeah a $300M profit is certainly a disappointment! If I got that type of return on my investments I'd be crying all the way to bank!! (shrug)

In Hollywood, an investment to profit ratio of less than 1:1 is nothing to pop champaign corks over. A lot of up front capital is at risk with every major production.

The anticipation for blockbuster success is a big payday with good press to put wind in the sales of sequels. 68.gif

Yeah. Last I looked, "profit" meant cash realized after everyone and everything was paid off.

I think if the movie had seen 900 mill profit, there would still be naysayers.