• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

To me, a better gage of which book is top dog is to compare sales in the low grades.

If an Action #1 and Tec #27 both came to the market, CGC blue label 2.0 with say, off-white pages, both presenting equally well...

How much would each sell for?

The Ext Restored 4.5 Tec 27 just sold 161k.

I would say right now The Tec 27 would sell for more. I dont see them for sale in low blue grade. I say both books are equal so (shrug) in lower grade. I would think 425 k.

Edited by woowoo

Is there not a Tec #27 9.2 out there as we speak? I believe it was a CPR'd to its current grade but you can bet it would surpass any Action #1 sale to date. Oh and Mitch a Tec #27 CGC 8.0 actually out sold a the Action #1 CGC 8.0 in 2010 and those sales were only months apart. More facts for you to ignore.

The Dentist Dave A has a high grade copy we talked on the phone around 1982-1985 and he had just got the book when i got mine. I have not been in contact with since the 80s when i was selling on the CBG but i (think) he has a copy that would grade 9.2 but thats just hear say (shrug) . I have heard there was a 9.2 or better out there and that book would break it all.

I believe Dave has the Allentown tec 27

Isn't there a recent 9.2 added to the census? I didn't think that was the Allentown copy?

The Allentown Tec 27 hasn't been slabbed

comicpedigrees.com says this abought Detective 27.

ALLENTOWN

One day in 1939, a young kid residing near Allentown, PA picked out his copy of Detective #27 over all other comics that month. He brought it home, fell in love with Batman, and carefully placed the comic away for safekeeping. Little did he know that out of the hundreds of thousands of copies printed of Batman’s debut, this boy’s copy would end up being the most perfectly preserved in the world.

That's why it's in Dave Anderson's collection

[

comicpedigrees.com says this abought Detective 27.

ALLENTOWN

One day in 1939, a young kid residing near Allentown, PA picked out his copy of Detective #27 over all other comics that month. He brought it home, fell in love with Batman, and carefully placed the comic away for safekeeping. Little did he know that out of the hundreds of thousands of copies printed of Batmans debut, this boys copy would end up being the most perfectly preserved in the world.

That's why it's in Dave Anderson's collection

:golfclap:

Edited by woowoo

Is there not a Tec #27 9.2 out there as we speak? I believe it was a CPR'd to its current grade but you can bet it would surpass any Action #1 sale to date. Oh and Mitch a Tec #27 CGC 8.0 actually out sold a the Action #1 CGC 8.0 in 2010 and those sales were only months apart. More facts for you to ignore.

The Dentist Dave A has a high grade copy we talked on the phone around 1982-1985 and he had just got the book when i got mine. I have not been in contact with since the 80s when i was selling on the CBG but i (think) he has a copy that would grade 9.2 but thats just hear say (shrug) . I have heard there was a 9.2 or better out there and that book would break it all.

Isn't there a recent 9.2 added to the census? I didn't think that was the Allentown copy?

I didn't think so. I would bet that the 9.2 copy would easily sell for more [$1M+] than the last Action #1 9.0 copy did.

Variety .com has cap civil war movie review Up .. It is a must read... This is how you do a superhero battle movie... This is what I am talking about.

You've seen it already?

But seriously, I wouldn't expect a radical departure in this instalment.

To me, a better gage of which book is top dog is to compare sales in the low grades.

If an Action #1 and Tec #27 both came to the market, CGC blue label 2.0 with say, off-white pages, both presenting equally well...

How much would each sell for?

tree-fiddy (shrug)

Variety .com has cap civil war movie review Up .. It is a must read... This is how you do a superhero battle movie... This is what I am talking about.

You've seen it already?

But seriously, I wouldn't expect a radical departure in this instalment.

Marvel previewed the film very early and allowed reviewers to release them well ahead of the film release....a superhero v superhero movie CAN BE DONE RIGHT..I read one review which said, after seeing cap people are gonna forget bat v super, I think it was the hollywoodreporter..

Isn't the alleged grade on it NM to NM+?

Ya thats what he told me back in the 80s NM/M .The way things were back then was Bob overstreet has the best Timely coll out there and E Gerber was as close to Pedigee there was.

i don't quite understand the gerber comment please clarify.

Back in the 80's there was no talk abought Pedigree books they were just nice coll found here and there. But Gerber had a lot of key books for his Gerber photo-journals and that was the talk at every con that i sold at. I guess the comment was my verson of a Pedigree was Gerber able to hold all these Rare books.

Were people thinking that all the books in the Gerber journals were his personal collection? That certainly isn't true (although some of them may have been his).

Ya thats what he told me back in the 80s NM/M .The way things were back then was Bob overstreet has the best Timely coll out there and E Gerber was as close to Pedigee there was.

Back in the 80's there was no talk abought Pedigree books they were just nice coll found here and there. But Gerber had a lot of key books for his Gerber photo-journals and that was the talk at every con that i sold at. I guess the comment was my verson of a Pedigree was Gerber able to hold all these Rare books.

We're people thinking that all the books in the Gerber journals were his personal collection? That certainly isn't true (although some of them may have been his).

gerber solicited help in obtaining books to photo...I believe he even ran some cbg ads...so, while he did offer to buy (or owned many I'm sure), the majority were traveled to and photo'd (I believe berk confirmed this with his centaurs...multiple trips iirc)

We're people thinking that all the books in the Gerber journals were his personal collection? That certainly isn't true (although some of them may have been his).

gerber solicited help in obtaining books to photo...I believe he even ran some cbg ads...so, while he did offer to buy (or owned many I'm sure), the majority were traveled to and photo'd (I believe berk confirmed this with his centaurs...multiple trips iirc)

.... it was all referenced in the forward by Gerber with copy and a list of Special Thanks/ Acknowledgements that included dozens of people who allowed their books to be photographed. Many of the Crime books, for example, came from my good friend Dave of Bender's Books. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Back then No cell phones No internet and that Gerber and Bob O had great books ( Hence as close to Pedigree there was ) I did see a lot of these Mega keys myself since i bought my Tec 27 from him. Now back to the Action 7 G.A.tor hm

H

I've heard some interesting stories from John Verzyl about Ernie Gerber's efforts to obtain cover shots and scarcity information contained in the Photo-Journals. Let's just say the scarcity indexing wasn't exactly a scientific process. That said, those oversized volumes are a testimonial labor of love to the hobby that would be impossible to duplicate if attempted today. Every collector should own a set.

H

Were people thinking that all the books in the Gerber journals were his personal collection? That certainly isn't true (although some of them may have been his).

I've heard some interesting stories from John Verzyl about Ernie Gerber's efforts to obtain cover shots and scarcity information contained in the Photo-Journals. Let's just say the scarcity indexing wasn't exactly a scientific process. That said, those oversized volumes are a testimonial labor of love to the hobby that would be impossible to duplicate if attempted today. Every collector should own a set.

They're phenomenal, but every time I flip through them my want list seems to grow! doh!

H

Some of the most beautiful books I ever saw in any hobby.

I wonder would anybody try to update it because the scarcity indexing wasn't exactly a scientific process?

Yes,I know the author is unfortunately no longer with us,but it be cool if someone maybe would contact his estate to do an update.