• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

BATMAN V SUPERMAN DOG DROPS RECORD 61.4% 3d week and drops to 4th and the WB estimate is always high to only 9 million. Folks it is gonna be under 9 Mil

WW total is 827 Million estimate and is heading always perfectly to my predicted box office..one note if they release the R rated version look for a 25 Million bump of my prediction.

Edited by Mmehdy

BATMAN V SUPERMAN DOG DROPS RECORD 61.4% 3d week and drops to 4th and the WB estimate is always high to only 9 million. Folks it is gonna be under 9 Mil

WW total is 827 Million estimate and is heading always perfectly to my predicted box office..one note if they release the R rated version look for a 25 Million bump of my prediction.

What are you talking about? Didn't you predict $771m or something like that or are you changing it as you go along? "Heading always perfect to my predicted box office". doh!

I revised to 850 as public grosses became available but people were calling me crazy for saying under a billion.. I think this when is all said and done will break even with WB after back end payments are made to the director and stars. Now I predict cap civil war will be the highest grossing cap movie and beat bat v super by at least 50mil.

Edited by Mmehdy

I revised to 850 as public grosses became available but people were calling me crazy for saying under a billion.. I think this when is all said and done will break even with WB after back end payments are made to the director and stars. Now I predict cap civil war will be the highest grossing cap movie and beat bat v super by at least 50mil.

You said it would be under a billion, and people were calling you crazy, but there was no association between the two events.

The movie has already made almost 200 mil profit worldwide according to wb execs (shrug)

The movie has already made almost 200 mil profit worldwide according to wb execs (shrug)

and don't forget theres a lot of loose change that gets lost in the cushions of the Studio distribution apparatus too. "Profits" means many things in Hollywood. Studio takes a "distribution fee" off the top each week to cover their overhead of the release. Calculating the profit split come after their fee (except for cagey talent that negotiated off the box office gross BECAUSE of things like this.)

Beating an 800M+ movie by 50M isn't that big considering the quality of many Marvel films. I suspect Cap 3 will surpass 850M.

It's one of the highest grossing superhero films of all-time.

I'm not surprised to see it make money.

Mitch what is the point of a prediction if you keep changing it every week and then you come out here and say "I told you so, every one thought I was crazy but I'm right again". :screwy: Go back to every single post you have made and you have edited it at one point or another, bravo Karnac.

Mitch what is the point of a prediction if you keep changing it every week and then you come out here and say "I told you so, every one thought I was crazy but I'm right again". :screwy: Go back to every single post you have made and you have edited it at one point or another, bravo Karnac.

When have you ever associated Mitch with reality?

:bump:

A month ago this thread and movie was setting the world on fire!

As I said before, there's no doubt that financially the movie was on the surface a success in that it made money for Warners. What the execs at Warners really think about its performance, I don't think anyone knows. We'll get an indication from the pace and timing of the release schedule for future movies.

if they throttle back, it's an indication that they may have their doubts about whether this movie's success is likely to be repeatable with sequels and related films.

, , ,

Wonder Woman was so mysterious and hot!

Yes,I can`t wait for the Wonder Woman movie now!

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

, , ,

:luhv:

Don't be duped like I was into thinking you're going to see a lot more of Gal Gadot in 'The Criminal'. She was only in the last third, and really didn't have anything to do but play the grieving widow with daughter (waste).

maxresdefault.jpg

If you're a Kevin Costner fan (NOT), you won't be disappointed in this sci-fi\fantasy\terrorist\anti-hero with nine lives mess .

To date the movie has grossed $835,081,603..my 850 projection is gonna me more like 840-845...they probably gross say 1/3 when everything is said and done (china 20%) which means they break even paying out some back end payments to talent.

Now where they can make a profit is in the pay-per view, Blu-ray, and cable and tv rights...still it is amazing this Dog got anywhere near this...so much for taste. I really hope the R rated version is given a chance at theaters..history shows it gonna be better..well it really has to be.

I find after a directors cut is released , I never go beck to the smaller version of the firm and that is the positive thing here...we never have to go back....so they will down the line, make money...not as much as they had hoped and not so little as to her rid of sack the hack, I mean sack...which mean 2, not one JLA movies with this director..dont get me wrong, again I love 300 its a masterpiece, and watchmen directors cuts also is super. Sucker punch, I liked, but admired a gutsy vision, but not as much as the above two by a mile...The jury out, maybe they will give him more leeway this time..who knows how many executives put there hands into the pot...just see the Film about the making of Tim Burtons superman-my highest recommendation....an amazing look at a movie project that FAILED with Nick Cage as superman..some really great ideas and jaw dropping production art..and then this Jackasss Jon Peters...the typical hollywood producer has his SAY IN THE MOVIE...folks it is amazing anything gets done in hollywood, let alone produce a great film.,,So maybe some blame to warners and the producers although

one was Zacks wife.

The Tim Burton nightmare of the Superman is classic hitting the wall when you come in great, new, exciting ideas...and in movie lingo " it would have been a contender" for a unique and classic superman film, now that is what I am talking about.

Edited by Mmehdy

To date the movie has grossed $835,081,603..my 850 projection is gonna me more like 840-845...they probably gross say 1/3 when everything is said and done (china 20%) which means they break even paying out some back end payments to talent.

Now where they can make a profit is in the pay-per view, Blu-ray, and cable and tv rights...still it is amazing this Dog got anywhere near this...so much for taste. I really hope the R rated version is given a chance at theaters..history shows it gonna be better..well it really has to be.

I find after a directors cut is released , I never go beck to the smaller version of the firm and that is the positive thing here...we never have to go back....so they will down the line, make money...not as much as they had hoped and not so little as to her rid of sack the hack, I mean sack...which mean 2, not one JLA movies with this director..dont get me wrong, again I love 300 its a masterpiece, and watchmen directors cuts also is super. Sucker punch, I liked, but admired a gutsy vision, but not as much as the above two by a mile...The jury out, maybe they will give him more leeway this time..who knows how many executives put there hands into the pot...just see the Film about the making of Tim Burtons superman-my highest recommendation....an amazing look at a movie project that FAILED with Nick Cage as superman..some really great ideas and jaw dropping production art..and then this Jackasss Jon Peters...the typical hollywood producer has his SAY IN THE MOVIE...folks it is amazing anything gets done in hollywood, let alone produce a great film.,,So maybe some blame to warners and the producers although

one was Zacks wife.

The Tim Burton nightmare of the Superman is classic hitting the wall when you come in great, new, exciting ideas...and in movie lingo " it would have been a contender" for a unique and classic superman film, now that is what I am talking about.

I'm pretty sure WB was shooting for at least 1.2 B with the hope that it would top all prior superhero film's BO. The exec's saw Superman and Batman fighting and then teaming up as the ultimate fanboy lust with a huge mainstream audience draw as well because both Batman and Superman were featured.

What WB wasn't counting on was the widespread critical disapproval. If a consensus of critic's reviews had garnered at least 60% approval (fresh tomatoe territory) I'm pretty sure BvS would've passed the billion mark. I have no doubt that some fanboys and fangirls in denial of the movie's failings will blame mainstream critics as haters, having it in for superhero movies or DC or Zack Snyder, but none of that makes sense. Reviewers are as even handed with superhero films as they are with any other genre. After all, critics generally liked the Dark Knight trilogy even though it wasn't without flaw.

No, what happened here was apparently a muddled version, mired in it's own complexity, and cut down to meet a ratings guideline so that WB would have the widest possible family audience. Having been warned off of the PG-13 version (thankfully), I'll await the R rated version to provide my own appraisal of Zack's vision. My suspicion is that the longer edit may not come out this year unless it's as a download or BD because it won't be easy lining up theater distribution for a longer version of the film. If it is distributed to theaters, I'd be surprised if it isn't a very limited release.

Not being a big fan of darkly dystopian films I'm probably not the best audience for Zack's vision of super heroism, but my criticism will be fair.

one was Zacks wife.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice held well in weekend five, despite losing 439 theaters. The Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. would-be blockbuster earned $1.48 million (-39%) in 3,066 theaters to bring its cume to $315..46m. Expect a $5.4m (-40%) weekend. That’ll bring its cume up to $319m in its first month, meaning that it has outgrossed Iron Man 2 ($312m) and Iron Man ($318m) not accounting for inflation/3D/etc.

Edited by woowoo