• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad Affleck

218 posts in this topic

Why do comic book fans revel in bad reviews on comic book movies?

It just makes no sense. Its like people are hoping this film is a flop. We are in the greatest time every for comic book movies. Do we actually wish they weren't being made? (shrug)

It just makes no sense. Its like people are hoping this film is a flop. We are in the greatest time every for comic book movies. Do we actually wish they weren't being made? (shrug)

Is reacting to a interview the same thing as hoping the film flops? (shrug)

I wasn't talking about you in particular. Or anyone in particular that matter. I don't really know what anyone is thinking besides what they say, but this happens all the time. People can't wait to jump on.

All I ever wanted years ago was to see movies based on the books I read.

Here we are in the age of comic book movies and I could not be happier.

Even if the movie isn't a cinematic masterpiece I always try and find something good that came out of it.

I wasn't talking about you in particular. Or anyone in particular that matter. I don't really know what anyone is thinking besides what they say, but this happens all the time. People can't wait to jump on.

I haven't seen it yet. But if it does suck, am I a bad comic fan if I admit it sucks. Am I beholden to be a cheerleader for bad movies? Or am I allowed to be honest, and to be sad if it turns out that WB pinned its entire movie future on a turd?

I hope it is great, but the outlook is grim.

I don't want any movie to flop knowing at least one person put his or her heart into making the movie, even if it was just one person operating a camera. I will see the movie and I know I'll enjoy it as I do watching Spawn for my love of the character.

Yet others will root for its demise possibly due to being Marvel fanboys who want DC to fail no matter what, or are Afflect haters, or don't want a comic book they are after to spike due to a movies success. What ever the reason is it is uncalled for.

I haven't seen it yet. But if it does suck, am I a bad comic fan if I admit it sucks. Am I beholden to be a cheerleader for bad movies? Or am I allowed to be honest, and to be sad if it turns out that WB pinned its entire movie future on a turd?

I hope it is great, but the outlook is grim.

Shut up :slapfight:

I hope it tanks. It might cause the Studios to put out a quality well thought out movie based upon the comic book it draws from. What makes the Dark Knight Returns so wonderful is that Miller took an ORIGINAL idea and crafted a great story around it. The same can be said for the Watchmen. Everyone was surprised by the Deadpool movie. Why? Because the Studio didn't screw around with the source it came from and it had a plot, decent acting, and was funny.

If people keep flocking to mediocre comic book movies then that is what the Studios will provide. The second Iron Man movie and The Avengers Age of Ultron come to mind. They were kind of like what Metal in the early 1990's became. It got over produced and the record labels signed and pushed subpar bands. That form of music died out as it became drivel. People turned their back on it as it was no longer original nor had any quality to it.

If I'm going to spend 15 to 20 bucks to see a movie I want it to be better than an average movie.

Just my .02

Collectors should be jumping for joy this is our time to shine.I don't care what

reviews are they are not done by comic fans so who the heck cares what is said.

I go to them all to give support good or bad and that's what we all should do.Things don't last for ever and comic movies will someday show down like the

housing market and pet rock.My 2 Cents!!