• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 168 5.5 Blue No Reserve Auction

107 posts in this topic

Seriously !? 12.5K for a 4.5. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-168-CGC-4-5-C-OW-Origin-of-the-Joker-Red-Hood-Cover-/331822264958?hash=item4d4225f27e:g:b6AAAOSwBnVW9CMa

Just late last year the second 8.5 (and third highest graded) sold on ComicLink for 16-17K.

First sold for 15K in 2012, also on ComicLink.

As I said, a 1.8 sold for 4.2k not too long ago, so the book is obviously on the rise.

And why point the finger on a fellow boardie? He can ask what he wants, like everyone else.

Why give someone a free pass because he's a boardie? I'd rather people say what they think. If someone thinks a boardie is greedy, let him say it. I'm a firm believer in free speech.

Seriously !? 12.5K for a 4.5. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-168-CGC-4-5-C-OW-Origin-of-the-Joker-Red-Hood-Cover-/331822264958?hash=item4d4225f27e:g:b6AAAOSwBnVW9CMa

Just late last year the second 8.5 (and third highest graded) sold on ComicLink for 16-17K.

First sold for 15K in 2012, also on ComicLink.

As I said, a 1.8 sold for 4.2k not too long ago, so the book is obviously on the rise.

And why point the finger on a fellow boardie? He can ask what he wants, like everyone else.

Why give someone a free pass because he's a boardie? I'd rather people say what they think. If someone thinks a boardie is greedy, let him say it. I'm a firm believer in free speech.

+1. People posting their thoughts on prices is fine I think. Doesn't mean they are right or wrong

If anything the 4.5@12.5K will only serve to help Tony's auction lol

True.

People are sheep.

If a guys lists a book for $12K, someone will think he's getting a deal if he can get a copy for $11K.

Could be a book that normally sells for 500 bucks...makes no difference.

A 7.5 with that huge corner crease?

This. :eyeroll:

When I saw the listing I was about to set a tracker bid. Then I zoomed in on the pics. Pass.

Graded a couple weeks ago so is CGC going soft again ? :eek:

There are currently four graded copies listed. I can't remember ever seeing that many up for auction at the same time before, but I could be wrong. (shrug)

Me neither. I guess it just speaks to how hot the market currently is for this book.

A 7.5 with that huge corner crease?

This. :eyeroll:

When I saw the listing I was about to set a tracker bid. Then I zoomed in on the pics. Pass.

Graded a couple weeks ago so is CGC going soft again ? :eek:

If that book is a 7.5 then I need to send a bunch of books into CGC right now. Do you think I can request the same grader??? lol.

There are currently four graded copies listed. I can't remember ever seeing that many up for auction at the same time before, but I could be wrong. (shrug)

Me neither. I guess it just speaks to how hot the market currently is for this book.

That and how many there actually are...

Or how many there actually are...

I'm not sure. I think if the census spikes you would get that feeling. I'm leaning towards the prices they are fetching are prying them out of people's hands. I admit I thought for a minute that maybe I should list mine.