• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 168 5.5 Blue No Reserve Auction

107 posts in this topic

I think the bottom of the spine and the wear/tearing around the staples bother me even more than that crease.

It will be interesting to see how the prices play out.

I am amazed at the parabolic rise of so many books over the past few years. Looking at the heritage archives is great for a good laugh.

The 9.0 white pager sold for 7767 only 5 years ago.

A 7.5 with that huge corner crease?

That one shouldn't grade a 7.5 if you only graded it by feel. Without using your eyes at all it would be a much lower grade.

In hand, I'm sure it smells like a 9.2. :D

Buy the book not the label folks.

But but but it was graded by CGC, the all knowing omnipotent being. :insane:

omniscience and omnipotence aside, they screwed up on this one. rantrant

Buy the book not the label folks.

But but but it was graded by CGC, the all knowing omnipotent being. :insane:

omniscience and omnipotence aside, they screwed up on this one. rantrant

Good thing is not the first time, won't be the last. And where are all the CGC zealots at? Good lord, these post have been on the board more than an hour without the usual suspects posting.

So, do you guys think the 5.5 would sell for more than the 7.5 copy?

The 5.5 has a gigantic crease that runs the length of the cover, or close to it. Not sure why it would go for more than the 7.5.

another 168 (5.0) just popped up ... :eyeroll:

There's nothing truly "rare" about this book. Heck, I had 7 copies at one time a couple of years ago. And there were always other copies available

It's cyclical

another 168 (5.0) just popped up ... :eyeroll:

There's nothing truly "rare" about this book.

(thumbs u

Just amusing how everyone's jumping the gravy train this week. lol I expect a couple more listings before it's over. :grin:

If somebody would just do the same and "break the dam" with a flood of tec 69's id be extremely happy :)

lol I was thinking the same thing, not a rare book either, I've had 3 and sold them all, wish I still had them.