• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is too long to wait for a commission?

65 posts in this topic

Thanks for the stories all. I'll give him another few weeks and then ask firmly for a refund if I don't see any progress. I guess I'd have to "out" him, too, but I really do not want to do that!

Thanks,

James

Would it be acceptable to wait if you pay nothing down?

I had a commission completed by Stanley Lau and he refused to take money down as he was unsure how long it would take. Rags Morales said the same thing. Another dealer of a major top tier artist also refused to take a down payment until the piece was done and I was happy with the end result.

I hadn't read about Joe Jusko. Commissioned him last month for a piece which should have already been completed already. Hopefully it will be done in a timely manner.

Mine is going on close to a year. I check in with the artist every month or two, he responds back quite promptly, but I have not seen any progress. I have also seen him take on and complete new commissions before he has finished mine. I know he has just started on a major book, but I'm not sure what else to do to push along the progress.

I have one that's overdue about 18 months. Since then he has given me original free art, a free con commission, a second promised commission, a partial refund, but I'm still waiting on the original commission. The guy is great and I chat with him frequently and see him at every show I'm at, yet I'm still waiting for my original :(

At 4 years are you waiting for a commission or acknowledging that it will not show up?

Still waiting. The artist took the money, and still acknowledges that he's going to start it soon. Just really sucks waiting for it.

I'm now waiting for an artist to ship the commission. Paid half in December and the balance a few weeks ago. I don't know how long this will take now. I almost feel like asking for a refund.

I'm now waiting for an artist to ship the commission. Paid half in December and the balance a few weeks ago. I don't know how long this will take now. I almost feel like asking for a refund.

You should ask for a refund.

There's no excuse if it was supposed to ship and hasn't. People have time to eat, sleep, go on social media, cash your checks or ask you for your payment... they can most certainly be respectful and professional enough to follow through on their commitment, especially given the fact you've waited so long.

1. Order commission and pay in full

2. Wait 10 years

3. Contact ABC News

Why are we making this so hard?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-year-wait-comic-artists-sketch/story?id=39697650

I wish all artists were as accommodating...

Fear of public shame and threat of exposure are high motivators for many artists. I doubt if the accommodation was inspired from the heart or any truly gracious emotion.

1. Order commission and pay in full

2. Wait 10 years

3. Contact ABC News

Why are we making this so hard?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-year-wait-comic-artists-sketch/story?id=39697650

I wish all artists were as accommodating...

Fear of public shame and threat of exposure are high motivators for many artists. I doubt if the accommodation was inspired from the heart or any truly gracious emotion.

I was being sarcastic, but yes.

I was wondering about the artist too, is that Hannah by Mark Schultz?

Malvin

The artist included a full refund with the art .... probably as a way to keep their name out of the article ... and yes, very curious to know who the artist is as well