• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, everything is getting very pricey.

104 posts in this topic

Sorry for the ignorance, but I never understood why Giant Size X-Men or X-Men 94 are highly sought after. I would think X-men #1 is the holy grail of the franchise. There don't seem to be a lot of other significant key issues in X-Men.

Wow, you have been gone a long time. :facepalm:

Look, unless you have something helpful to add, could you stop following me around the board trolling all my posts?

Look buddy I'm just trying to talk to you. You don't have to be a wet *spoon*. I think I've earned a little more respect around here then what you are giving me.

:eyeroll: Yeah, it's all the noob's fault. Maybe we should be a little more welcoming and congenial. :baiting:

@Wolfdude80, from now on make sure you genuflect before you respond to an Oakman post

He has a nice collection, and I think it's gone to his head where he needs to feel superior to others on this board.

Oakman is generally pretty friendly. However, he sometimes gets a little crotchety. We all do at times. Best probably to just move forward. Welcome to the boards

Sorry for the ignorance, but I never understood why Giant Size X-Men or X-Men 94 are highly sought after. I would think X-men #1 is the holy grail of the franchise. There don't seem to be a lot of other significant key issues in X-Men.

Look, unless you have something helpful to add, could you stop following me around the board trolling all my posts?

Look buddy I'm just trying to talk to you. You don't have to be a wet *spoon*. I think I've earned a little more respect around here then what you are giving me.

:eyeroll: Yeah, it's all the noob's fault. Maybe we should be a little more welcoming and congenial. :baiting:

@Wolfdude80, from now on make sure you genuflect before you respond to an Oakman post

He has a nice collection, and I think it's gone to his head where he needs to feel superior to others on this board.

Oakman is generally pretty friendly. However, he sometimes gets a little crotchety. We all do at times. Best probably to just move forward. Welcome to the boards

Yeah I get a little crotchety when someone calls me an I diot, and a mo ron,with no provocation.

Yeah I get a little crotchety when someone calls me an I diot, and a mo ron,with no provocation.

(shrug)

Where did that happen? Did I miss something? I'm not seeing it in this thread.

No it happened in his CG thread.

X-Men #1 is far and away the priciest of the X-Men comics, so there's nothing to be confused about there.

As far as GSX-Men #1 and X-Men #94, do Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Thunderbird ring a bell? Because the former is their first appearance in comics, and the latter is the return of the X-Men title to regular original stories after a several year cancellation. Both also feature Wolvie, of course. The revamped title and the characters within were hugely popular for decades. Consequently, it's no wonder the two issues are considered must-own bronze age keys, are in very high demand, and sell for much more than surrounding issues.

As for deadpool, the prices were already quite high before the movie was announced. Although they did get even higher in anticipation and seem to be lowering a bit now.

But won't fall too low.

As for deadpool, the prices were already quite high before the movie was announced. Although they did get even higher in anticipation and seem to be lowering a bit now.

But won't fall too low.

Agree. I believe he'll remain in high demand even if prices fluctuate relative to supply and speculation. He's a superpopular character.

Is Deadpool to the 90s what Wolverine was to the 80s? Discuss...

Thanks. So, wolfdude, why did you call Oakman an insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

Maybe if you stop being a tool and making stupid comments like this, people wouldn't call you for what you are...

I can't help to imagine looking through long boxes while bullets are racing past you.

:fear:

Maybe if you stop being a tool and making stupid comments like this, people wouldn't call you for what you are...

I can't help to imagine looking through long boxes while bullets are racing past you.

Noted.

Noted.

My take was that the canine one made a post that many likely mistook for a joke or insufficiently_thoughtful_person post. He has no location under his avatar and mentioned a middle east comic con in a 2 or 3 line thread starter. So he got a lot of flippant responses as well as many genuinely helpful ones. Oakman29, not to be confused with OAK aka oceanavekid, made a comment both flippant and potentially helpful in its' concern for the physical safety of longbox divers in the DMZ. Pointing of fingers and traveling the boards together while saying "nenner neener" ensued, although Oakman29 did make a nice on topic comic recommendation here towards the end when it appears that people do indeed go to comic cons and find some cool books in Latveria.

Noted.

My take was that the canine one made a post that many likely mistook for a joke or insufficiently_thoughtful_person post. He has no location under his avatar and mentioned a middle east comic con in a 2 or 3 line thread starter. So he got a lot of flippant responses as well as many genuinely helpful ones. Oakman29, not to be confused with OAK aka oceanavekid, made a comment both flippant and potentially helpful in its' concern for the physical safety of longbox divers in the DMZ. Pointing of fingers and traveling the boards together while saying "nenner neener" ensued, although Oakman29 did make a nice on topic comic recommendation here towards the end when it appears that people do indeed go to comic cons and find some cool books in Latveria.

Now there is a man who"gets me". lol

Dave's right in that the thread was started in the Bronze Age section and GS XM 1 is the X-Men key from this era. For many of us who started collecting in the 70s the book has incredible significance, so a :facepalm: response should be anticipated, if nothing else. (shrug)

Dave's right in that the thread was started in the Bronze Age section and GS XM 1 is the X-Men key from this era. For many of us who started collecting in the 70s the book has incredible significance, so a :facepalm: response should be anticipated, if nothing else. (shrug)

Right! I really thought the comment was a joke really. I mean who really thinks GSX1 and XMen 94 are trivial books. (shrug)

Right! I really thought the comment was a joke really. I mean who really thinks GSX1 and XMen 94 are trivial books. (shrug)

I've never had any desire to own either. :juggle:

I think you're grouchy from selling that TOS. Still can't believe you sold a book. lol

In all seriousness, maybe we're looking at a new era of collectors here. The same new era collector that may be asking what's the big deal with GL76?!?

Let my words resound the truth to all collector newbies!

I hearby declare until further notice both GSX1 and XMen 94 are significant bronze age key books until the end of time. :sumo:

Or at least until I one day sell mine for a huge profit. :insane:

And it's nice to see Oakman is as popular as ever on here. :facepalm:

In all seriousness, maybe we're looking at a new era of collectors here. The same new era collector that may be asking what's the big deal with GL76?!?

That's a good point, as when I read the Adams / O' Neil Green Lanterns I was quite disappointed. That was 1980, in a very depressed Britain, and the stories already felt very dated and out of touch with my experiences. No complaints about the artwork, though. With another 35 years or so of detachment, it's not hard to see how much more irrelevant the books would feel to a new collector, both story and art-wise.