• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

As for thumbnails, this was a fun one I put together some years back. I've since upgraded most of the VFs (thank you Oaklands and Massachusetts and Rosas!).... a damnably tough run to put together in truly high grade...

th_oaaw188n.jpgth_oaaw189n.jpgth_oaaw190n.jpgth_oaaw191n.jpgth_oaaw192n.jpgth_oaaw194n.jpgth_oaaw195n.jpgth_oaaw197n.jpgth_oaaw198n.jpgth_oaaw200.jpgth_oaaw201n.jpgth_oaaw202.jpgth_oaaw203.jpgth_oaaw204n.jpgth_oaaw205n.jpgth_oaaw206.jpgth_oaaw207.jpgth_oaaw208n.jpgth_oaaw209n.jpgth_oaaw210n.jpgth_oaaw211.jpgth_oaaw212n.jpgth_oaaw213n.jpgth_oaaw214n.jpgth_oaaw215n.jpgth_oaaw216.jpgth_oaaw217n.jpgth_oaaw218n.jpgth_oaaw219n.jpgth_oaaw220n.jpgth_oaaw221.jpgth_oaaw222.jpgth_oaaw223.jpgth_oaaw224.jpgth_oaaw226.jpgth_oaaw227.jpgth_oaaw228.jpgth_oaaw229.jpgth_oaaw230.jpgth_oaaw231.jpgth_oaaw232.jpgth_oaaw233.jpgth_oaaw234.jpgth_oaaw235.jpgth_oaaw236.jpgth_oaaw237.jpgth_oaaw238.jpgth_oaaw239.jpgth_oaaw240.jpgth_oaaw241.jpgth_oaaw242.jpgth_oaaw243.jpgth_oaaw244.jpgth_oaaw245.jpgth_oaaw246.jpgth_oaaw247.jpgth_oaaw248.jpgth_oaaw249.jpgth_oaaw250.jpg

WOW!!!! :o Beautiful books Shep! You have most of my favorite part of the

OAAW run posted and I just love those books from issue 181 to 263. Russ

Heath was on fire IMO with his inside art. :luhv:

I received a package yesterday and another one today and it's been a

great month for BA DC War for me.

OFF124CGC94.jpg

A few more Oaklands and raw just the way I like them.

OFF131.jpg

OFF135Oakland.jpg

OFF115Oakland.jpg

Thanks to Vince for the great Oakland books. (worship)

OFF121.jpg

WWT12NM-.jpg

OFF120.jpg

GIC149CGC85.jpg

GIC145.jpg

GIC162.jpg

Don Rosa Collection

Picture1408.jpg

Edited by Fazybones

As for thumbnails, this was a fun one I put together some years back. I've since upgraded most of the VFs (thank you Oaklands and Massachusetts and Rosas!).... a damnably tough run to put together in truly high grade...

That is sick Shep, absolutely SICK! I hate you. I mean that in the nicest possible way :foryou:(worship)

Another awesome selection of beautiful books Shep. :cloud9:

I finally got around to cracking out a few upper mid grade slabs

today.

OAAW21085.jpg

GIC14880.jpg

They sure look sweet in mylar.

Edited by Fazybones

Just snagged a copy of Sgt. Rock #329 - THE WHITMAN VARIANT.

It's the last book I need to complete my Bronze Age war set.

I'll post it when it comes in. Been looking for nearly three years. I don't care if a coupon is missing... it'll just be nice to have that book!

Shep

Just picked up a very nice collection of DC war yesterday. Gi combat 200-240(9.2-9.8, lots of 9.8's!), WW tales 48-117(9.0-9.8, lots of 9.8's including #64!) ooaw 209-240(5.0-9.6) off 121-181(7.0-9.8). After sorting through all of them, it looks like 60-70 of these will be making their way to Sarasota really soon. Most of the wwt and gic's look unread! :banana:

Congrats! Having every BA War book is an incredible accomplishment!

I finally got G.I. Combat 138 (raw 9.4-9.6) and OFF 123 CGC 9.4. I'm just trying to get all the BA War keys. So when I say I'm amazed by your accomplishment, I really mean it. By the way, what makes your list of BA keys?

John

Hey John.

To me, here are the BA war keys

Weird War #1 (first issue)

Our Fighting Forces #123 (First Losers in OFF)

G.I. Combat #138 (First Appearance of Losers)

Star Spangled War Stories #151 (First Unknown Soldier)

Star Spangled War Stories #154 (Origin Unknown Solider)

Our Army at War #218 (First USS Stevens. Very hard to find above VF)

Sgt. Rock #302 (First issue in new title)

Unknown Soldier #204 (First issue in new title. Also tough to find in grade)

I would also say that any of the issues with Bob Kanigher Gallery of War tales drawn by Alex Toth could be considered keys, because they are just so good.

Am I missing anything, anyone?

Shep

Hi Shep,

I like the list (I will always respectfully have a different view as to SSWS 151- 1st solo Unknown Soldier- but we went discussed that a while back in this thread).

I might add Unknown Soldier 268, Weird War 64, 93, and 101?

Do you think the OAW 242 is a BA key?

I have a SA question to ask you- how many Rock prototypes were there before OAW 83?

Thanks,

John

I would say anything drawn by Russ Heath in OAAW during the bronze age should be a key, they were just that great. Russ was really sparkin' during that period.

I'll post it when it comes in. Been looking for nearly three years. I don't care if a coupon is missing... it'll just be nice to have that book!

Shep

Just an amazing accomplishment Shep! :o

Out of curiosity, just how many books is that, or have you ever bothered to count?

I have a SA question to ask you- how many Rock prototypes were there before OAW 83?

I'd have to dig into my Pedrin guide but here are a few off the top o me head.

OAAW 81

GIC 55

GIC 56

GIC 68

Shep

Just an amazing accomplishment Shep! :o

Out of curiosity, just how many books is that, or have you ever bothered to count?

I haven't counted to an actual number, but it's in the neighborhood of 800 books.

One day I'll sit and get a definitive number... Depends also on what you include as war.

For example, I do no include war appearances with superhero characters, like Sgt. Rock in Brave and Bold (though I do have them). But I do include things like the Sgt. Rock and Haunted Tank digests, and the Showcase issue that featured the OSS Spies at War cover to cover. I also include the one-offs like Battle Classics, Boy Commandos and Army at War.

To me, the DC war riverbanks for the bronze age are 1968-1988. Twenty years of joy!!!

Shep