• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not out of line for asking here.

I was a regular on these boards for a few years, but had to sell off most of the collection and just dropped off for a while. Recently, I was contacted by a few people about a book I had in for sale thread from a couple years back. I thought it was gone, but it turns out it was one of only two slabs I still have that don't have original art on the covers.

I saw a vf/nm non slabbed copy recently went for $400 on these boards. Any idea what this goes for nowadays? (It does seem likely to do better than the $180 I had offered it at.)

Superman-Batman-7-CGC-SS-9.jpg

Is this considered a "variant"?

20141114_153423_zps9acd180f.jpg

Assuming it's the Gold Pressman variant, yea. That book never comes up for sale in 9.8, lucky!

What about Vader down #1 1:5000 variant is it still pricey or not? :popcorn:

There's a thread for that (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8990113&fpart=4

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

That is a super fugly 9.8 Both left corners are wrecked and there is funky ink transfer by the bottom staple. WTF?

Buy the label - not the book :whee:

lol I will say that I had 3 raw copies of the black panther sketch. All have that same ink rub.

One of my copies has the same ink rub... I'm assuming it's fairly common on these... those white covers are pretty unforgiving...

hm It's looking like I may have to get around to updating this list once these auctions are over.

-J.

The wolverine #1 and batman rrp were taking down. Probably a deal was made off eBay. So much for waiting on the final auction price ... :sorry: seller should've just let the auctions run its course.

hm It's looking like I may have to get around to updating this list once these auctions are over.

-J.

The wolverine #1 and batman rrp were taking down. Probably a deal was made off eBay. So much for waiting on the final auction price ... :sorry: seller should've just let the auctions run its course.

Yep I received the emails too... Who did it?

-J.

Yep I received the emails too... Who did it?

It wasn't me this time, I swear lol

I messaged the seller to see if he'd give me the sales prices for each book. I srsly doubt he will, but never hurts to ask, right? If I do find out, I'll be sure to share here (thumbs u

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

-J.

:popcorn:

Forget a new list let's wait for the "new boardie" to come on here and brag about making a deal for $ _____ to acquire these priceless gems so that we have something to base the pecking order on.

:D

-J.

The wolverine #1 and batman rrp were taking down. Probably a deal was made off eBay. So much for waiting on the final auction price ... :sorry:seller should've just let the auctions run its course.

+1

Though considering that the Bats 608 was over $3k and the Wolverine was over $2k already, I would imagine he didn't take them down for chump change...

-J.

-J.

The wolverine #1 and batman rrp were taking down. Probably a deal was made off eBay. So much for waiting on the final auction price ... :sorry:seller should've just let the auctions run its course.

+1

Though considering that the Bats 608 was over $3k and the Wolverine was over $2k already, I would imagine he didn't take them down for chump change...

-J.

Yeah. He said he got private offers he couldn't refuse. Considering the bat and the wolverine was at 3k and 2k respectively it was probably a good chunk of change.

He didn't disclose the prices though .