• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Why should he? As long as a seller gets what he wants, and a buyer gets what they want, it's irrelevant. ;)

The relevance is so others know the price to help determine value so they can make a decision as to whether they should look into buying the book, or sell one. But ti's one of those 'nice to have' things, certainly not required to do so. I always share my info because the info is scarce enough on these books.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

A seller just posted 3 biggies on eBay.

Siege 3 9.8

wolverine # 1 Campbell SS 9.8

Batman RRP 9.8

:popcorn:

+X-23 #1 Dell Otto CGC 9.8

+Wolverine #145 Nabisco CGC 9.8

:o

popcorn-blank.gif

Jerome

Could someone be a peach and post a link to the X-23?

For some reason I can't find it :foryou:

Ending auctions early almost certainly results in lower prices than would otherwise have been achieved. If people are silly enough to offer nosebleed prices privately, they're going to be whipped into a frenzy if the auction goes through to its natural end.

Unless the guy was offered $10,000 each for these books, he probably got less than he otherwise would have gotten. Good for the buyer, bad for him.

His loss. He chose security over risk.

I tried negotiating for the Wolverine Nabisco and he sold it during our negotiations for "just over $1100". It kind of pissed me off he sold it while we were talking. He wants over $2k for the X-23 even though GPA is much lower than that and last two sold for $1200. I don't think he liked when I tried telling him about GPA on each book.

Ending auctions early almost certainly results in lower prices than would otherwise have been achieved. If people are silly enough to offer nosebleed prices privately, they're going to be whipped into a frenzy if the auction goes through to its natural end.

Unless the guy was offered $10,000 each for these books, he probably got less than he otherwise would have gotten. Good for the buyer, bad for him.

Agree with you rma. However, I do understand if he ended the auction early if he needed cash asap.

Agree with you rma. However, I do understand if he ended the auction early if he needed cash asap.

Well, sure, but you can always run a 1 day auction, if you really need the cash.

The other problem with ending auctions early is that it creates a lot of resentment...and rightfully so!...from people who got the opportunity pulled right out from under them.

Not a problem, if the seller never wants to sell again. But letting auctions run through to the bitter end means that everyone had a fair shot, and whoever got it was the person who was willing to pay the most, and everyone walks away feeling like at least they had a chance.

It's, frankly, dirty pool, if you have more than one bidder bidding at the time you end the listing early.

Well, sure, but you can always run a 1 day auction, if you really need the cash.

The other problem with ending auctions early is that it creates a lot of resentment...and rightfully so!...from people who got the opportunity pulled right out from under them.

Not a problem, if the seller never wants to sell again. But letting auctions run through to the bitter end means that everyone had a fair shot, and whoever got it was the person who was willing to pay the most, and no everyone walks away feeling like at least they had a chance.

It's, frankly, dirty pool, if you have more than one bidder bidding at the time you end the listing early.

It has kept me from entering another bid on the X-23.

I don't want to bother checking, just to see the auction ended early.