• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Not sure how possible shilling and multiple bid retractions = moot point, but whatever.

There were no bid retractions on that item.

None.

This is officially the fifth modern variant to join the "$2k Raw" club.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

UXM 510, partial sketch (Campbell)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

Just because the auction ended at $2100 doesn't mean the winning bidder actually paid for it.

Correct. Depends if the buyer leaves feedback. The 30 day summary of the winning bidder looks pretty clean as well.

One thing I didn't notice is the seller hasn't had any feedback in a year. It doesn't seem like they buy or sell anything very often.

Not sure how possible shilling and multiple bid retractions = moot point, but whatever.
+1,000,000.00

untitled_zpsyjuoo95a.png

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

(worship) surprised the wolverine 1 Campbell has not hit 2k raw?

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

There have been no raw copies of the Wolverine 1 Campbell offered in a straight no reserve in well over a year. The last one did get close though, it closed at around $1800 if memory serves. If a nice high grade, unsigned raw copy did come up, I have no doubt it would also eclipse $2k though. It is Campbell's Magnum Opus IMO.

-J.

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

You choke on it bro ! No hate, I just want to know what happened to you? You know that auction was shaky at best but yet you still blindly support it? You go around and bash whatever books you dont own, and blindly push what you do own. You argue mess into the ground. I do question your motives. I dont give 2 if you "never sell a book" when your spending the amount of cash that you have on books, you do care about the value! you sir are far more than a Collector only.

Whatever I remember when you hated suspicious E-bay auctions? I guess thoose auctions must have been on books you did not own.

Edited by paul747

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

You choke on it bro ! No hate, I just want to know what happened to you? You know that auction was shaky at best but yet you still blindly support it? You go around and bash whatever books you dont own, and blindly push what you do own. You argue mess into the ground. I do question your motives. I dont give 2 if you "never sell a book" when your spending the amount of cash that you have on books, you do care about the value! you sir are far more than a Collector only.

Whatever I remember when you hated suspicious E-bay auctions? I guess thoose auctions must have been on books you did not own.

What? This sale of $2100 is only $400 more than the last high grade raw copy this book sold for. This auction had multiple bidders, three of whom bid over $2k on it. You think one "suspicious" bidder at the $1200 level affected the final hammer of the book that ended nearly double that ? You're entitled to your beliefs, but I think not. There are thousands of auctions on ebay every day. Find me some more that have a bidder or two that you don't like. This book almost never comes up for sale in a no reserve in any condition. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why it would generate interest, much like the other modern variant heavy hitters that have reached these highs before it.

-J.

PS: You don't know what books I own or what I paid for them (other than the ones I bought from you of course, and what I choose to place in my sig line), so I would be careful about making assumptions.

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

Hovering around that $1,800 mark still, slightly less for a boardie sale, but if you add 10% ebay fees its right in the $1,800 neighborhood: Boardie Wolvie 1 Sale.

Jerome

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

When someone uses "no hate" in a sentence , chances are they are hater

None.

The others are:

ASM 667 (Dell'otto)

Siege 3 (Campbell)

Batman 608RRP (Lee)

Choke on it, haters. lol

-J.

Hovering around that $1,800 mark still, slightly less for a boardie sale, but if you add 10% ebay fees its right in the $1,800 neighborhood: Boardie Wolvie 1 Sale.

Jerome

True. That's a nice result for a private sale on here no matter what. But these boards are a small audience. Would he have done better on ebay with a much larger pool of prospective buyers in a no reserve? Maybe. (shrug)

-J.

I put a max bid of $2,000 on the ASM 678. I tried to snipe it with <10 secs but that obviously didn't last long. That was the most I was willing to part ways with. I had previously purchased an ASM 678 raw for $1,100 on eBay and got it graded at 9.8 and then re-sold it for 3X what I originally paid for it.

Maybe I'll be super lucky and get a "second chance offer" ;)

Anyway, $2K+ is most definitely A LOT to pay for a raw copy of a variant. However, I'm not the only crazy person willing to do it...

Edited by cmzare