• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
27 27

9,532 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Buzzetta said:

I've been good...

Nothing except what I preordered last year... so only two Star Wars figures and one Transformer.  There is one more Transformers slated for release earlier this year and then there is nothing else I want.  I am really trying be good after what I got rid of last year.   Feel's quite a relief to have trimmed down the collections as much as I have. 

However, with Lego, I did make some purchases on the previous double points day.  The Jane Goodall set was a gift with purchase.  I get each year's new release from the Modular House series for Lego City in the basement.  I love love love that pickup truck.  I flip flopped on it for months and was glad to finally pull the trigger.   It is actually on a shelf in the living room and the only lego set in any main room of the house.   Those that have seen it were taken aback that it was actually Lego.  The Boba Fett palace set was returned.  I have the Jabba's palace.  I can build it up without this set and it seemed like a waste.  The Batmobile set is probably going to be retired soon and I wanted to pick it up just to cross that off the list. 

275837747_10158607551217963_1447570774494108308_n.jpg

I have been on the fence for while regarding the pick up truck. Creator vehicles work so much better for me than the Technic cars.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:45 AM, Buzzetta said:

I've been good...

Nothing except what I preordered last year... so only two Star Wars figures and one Transformer.  There is one more Transformers slated for release earlier this year and then there is nothing else I want.  I am really trying be good after what I got rid of last year.   Feel's quite a relief to have trimmed down the collections as much as I have. 

However, with Lego, I did make some purchases on the previous double points day.  The Jane Goodall set was a gift with purchase.  I get each year's new release from the Modular House series for Lego City in the basement.  I love love love that pickup truck.  I flip flopped on it for months and was glad to finally pull the trigger.   It is actually on a shelf in the living room and the only lego set in any main room of the house.   Those that have seen it were taken aback that it was actually Lego.  The Boba Fett palace set was returned.  I have the Jabba's palace.  I can build it up without this set and it seemed like a waste.  The Batmobile set is probably going to be retired soon and I wanted to pick it up just to cross that off the list. 

275837747_10158607551217963_1447570774494108308_n.jpg

Right on, glad you are doing well. I love the pickup truck! I have not picked up any legos recently as I have been focused on trying to finish up my GI Joe Ninja Force collection. 

PS: Are those MJF colors I see in your avatar??

On 4/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, 707comics said:

PS: Are those MJF colors I see in your avatar??

@jaybuck43

Wise Man… address this 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, jaybuck43 said:

While Mr. Maxwell Jacob Friedman may wear Burberry, only MY CLIENT, BUzzzzzzzETTTTA truly represents Burberry. ACKNOWLEDGE HIM!!!!

Jay and I walking into NYCC like... 

image.thumb.png.b670f33ce2c8fba7f1acd787a58f2394.png

On 4/15/2022 at 10:06 PM, 707comics said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpeg.4ccf8a87bca8d25b54e25baea8fce198.jpeg

lol 

I remember when Kav became upset once because I posted a pic of MJF looking annoyed at Danhausen saying that I was like MJF and he was Danhausen.  He was upset as he thought that I was likening him to a clown.

The reality is that everyone loves Danhausen and MJF is just a through and through. 

I explained it but should have realized that many are unfamiliar with MJF, who is Long Island's own and salt of the Earth. 

On 4/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, Buzzetta said:

lol 

I remember when Kav became upset once because I posted a pic of MJF looking annoyed at Danhausen saying that I was like MJF and he was Danhausen.  He was upset as he thought that I was likening him to a clown.

The reality is that everyone loves Danhausen and MJF is just a through and through. 

I explained it but should have realized that many are unfamiliar with MJF, who is Long Island's own and salt of the Earth. 

MJF plays a great role ... can't help but watch when he is talking (whether it is good or bad lol), always entertaining stuff. 

Dan Hausen ..... gotta love the guy. Wears his passion for wrestling on his sleeve and is an enjoyable character IMO. Certainly no clown!

On 4/18/2022 at 12:28 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Finally got around to cleaning up and applying repro stickers to my Slave 1 and R2. In a way they were easier to work on than joes. Plastic is softer… Now I just need Han Solo in carbonate. Overall really pleased with this find in the wild. 

93FEC989-1996-4D37-83BE-6361CAD1FE98.jpeg

73FEDD2B-D80D-4E1A-895A-775795A803CE.jpeg

578AE69B-1880-400B-85E3-38B64F7B9015.jpeg

I've never come across a Slave 1 in the wild that had nice labels.  

The repros definitely look better.

Patrick

On 4/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, followtheleader said:

1984 Bigfoot by Playskool.

It's super nice.  Really glad to get it.  

Runs great.  Has the often lost key.

Even the labels are in great shape.

Patrick

20220420_202916.jpg

20220420_202924.jpg

20220420_202932.jpg

20220420_202951.jpg

Awesome! I remember craving the mud treads enough to demand as a 4 or 5 year old to be taken, and I rooted for bigfoot or the rival. I cant remember the rival under dogs name though lol

On 4/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! I remember craving the mud treads enough to demand as a 4 or 5 year old to be taken, and I rooted for bigfoot or the rival. I cant remember the rival under dogs name though lol

We went to rallies too.  A lot of fun back then. 

I remember USA-1.   Early Gravedigger came later.   But I'm struggling to remember beyond that. 

Patrick

On 4/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, followtheleader said:

We went to rallies too.  A lot of fun back then. 

I remember USA-1.   Early Gravedigger came later.   But I'm struggling to remember beyond that. 

Patrick

I was thinking digger, grave digger sounds like it. If I'm honest I remember the drinks, the concessions, the smell of beer and peanuts the hard seats with no backs, just long benches. Lol I felt like I was adulting lol

On 4/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, followtheleader said:

1984 Bigfoot by Playskool.

It's super nice.  Really glad to get it.  

Runs great.  Has the often lost key.

Even the labels are in great shape.

Patrick

20220420_202916.jpg

20220420_202924.jpg

20220420_202932.jpg

20220420_202951.jpg

Oh wow, I had that! Instant Nostalgia blast, I'd forgotten all about it, and the key! Oh man, that's great.

Edited by F For Fake