• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 7:59 AM, whisp said:

20% off because of free comic book day sales so grabbed all 4.  I had the turtles when I was a kid and 2 of them had mushy recall heads.  I traded GI Joes for them back then.  Kind of strange since I sold some joes today and then went and pick these up lol.

tmnt4.jpg

Thats funny, I always thought the mushy heads were the originals

On 5/10/2022 at 1:29 AM, The Meta said:

Thats funny, I always thought the mushy heads were the originals

Likewise. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, Cat said:

Likewise. 

I had to solids and two mushy like Whisp as well

Leo and Raph solid

Donny and Mike soft

I had a soft Leo, and I think Shredder too. That Leo's arm broke, so I got a new one, hard head, and I distinctly remember being surprised at the difference. As a kid, I'd just assumed all Leonardo were soft headed, for whatever reason. 

Edited by Cat

On 5/9/2022 at 8:36 AM, Cat said:

I had a soft Leo, and I think Shredder too. That Leo's arm broke, so I got a new one, heard head, and I distinctly remember being surprised at the difference. As a kid, I'd just assumed all Leonardo were soft hesded, for whatever reason. 

Same, my friend had the original shredder and I had the nerfed one. He wouldn't trade lol

On 5/9/2022 at 8:58 AM, whisp said:

They where but recalled because of a choking hazard.  Then the hard heads came out.

I misinterpreted, thanks 

I actually wanted the 2 pack stormy and snake with the weapons kit set but they where sold out.  Was thinking at 20% off then its a better deal since it is pretty high priced.   This fixed that plastic crack itch though.

New Masterpiece Transformer announced - Trailbreaker. Not exactly high on my want list (where are you, Mirage?), but it's still another season 1 'Bot to check off. No pics yet. 

On 5/10/2022 at 5:23 AM, TMNT said:

Yes, the original 10 figures of TMNT were soft plastic heads, except for Foot Soldier and April. Then production switched to hard plastic heads. Most people as kids had those hard plastic, unless you happen to have gotten in early in the line or some stragglers still on shelves. The soft are more valuable nowadays. 

While there are some color differences that help, generally looking for a seam on the head indicates a hard head. No seam = soft. The last pic shows my childhood hard vs a soft

20220413_190328.jpg

20220413_190754.jpg

20220413_191011.jpg

Nice figures! The soft heads w/ the collectors club insert are the ones I have always wanted :)

On 5/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, 707comics said:

Nice figures! The soft heads w/ the collectors club insert are the ones I have always wanted :)

Yes, the Fan Club softs are the absolute originals and the most sought after. There's been some controversy in the community regarding the legitiamacy of some figures that have popped up with Fan Club inserts. Namely, the other figures from that first wave like Shredder and April, etc. Some say just the Turtles have them, others say all of them did at one point, perhaps in extremely limited print run. Doesn't help that if you are conniving and industrius enough, you can carefully squeeze an insert into the package as there is a natural small gap in the bubble along the bottom.

That said, if you get a Turtles figure with Fan Club you are probably OK. But before plunking down 20K that a recent seller was seeking for a supposed Foot Soldier Fan Club, may want to do your due diligence... :insane:

On 5/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, Cat said:

So I got these really fun little Transformers figurines. They're Jada Nanofigs, and they're about an inch tall at best, and come in a pack of 18. They're made of metal and very well painted for the scale and size. Great selection of characters too. I was going to arrange them around my Titan Scorponok, but they're too nice for that, so they'll be going in my Smalls cabinet, along with my Robot Heroes and the like. Here's a pic if you want to see them (sorry it's the best I could do considering their size and the weather and lighting). The pics on Amazon are a bit misleading, as the colours are off for some characters. 

IMG_0829.jpg.54370aaf82ceb1fab3a395d8e5afe3c9.jpg

Oh cool, I didn't realize those were out. The little GI Joe sets were really nice, I will definitely pick this up. For the price, I think they're a neat little collectible.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Oh cool, I didn't realize those were out. The little GI Joe sets were really nice, I will definitely pick this up. For the price, I think they're a neat little collectible.

metal though eek :eek:

I can only imagine stepping on one lol 

On 5/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

metal though eek :eek:

I can only imagine stepping on one lol 

Ha, yeah, gotta wear your steeltoe boots around the toy room, just to be safe! But seriously, these sets remind me a lot of the die-cast Star Wars miniature playsets from my youth, and I LOVED those things. So far Jada has made some vehicles to go with the Joes, I hope they make more.

If anyone is collecting Masterverse, Target has a couple of new figures on sale for $27, great price considering I can barely find these even at full retail. Both Trapjaw and King Grayskull on sale, plus you can get free shipping and 5% off with Red Card. I picked up two Trapjaws, so I can display him in both his regular and techno cult outfits.

https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the-universe-masterverse-revelation-trap-jaw-action-figure/-/A-83351627#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the-universe-masterverse-revelation-king-grayskull-action-figure/-/A-83351632#lnk=sametab

On 5/10/2022 at 6:20 PM, Cat said:

So I got these really fun little Transformers figurines. They're Jada Nanofigs, and they're about an inch tall at best, and come in a pack of 18. They're made of metal and very well painted for the scale and size. Great selection of characters too. I was going to arrange them around my Titan Scorponok, but they're too nice for that, so they'll be going in my Smalls cabinet, along with my Robot Heroes and the like. Here's a pic if you want to see them (sorry it's the best I could do considering their size and the weather and lighting). The pics on Amazon are a bit misleading, as the colours are off for some characters. 

IMG_0829.jpg.54370aaf82ceb1fab3a395d8e5afe3c9.jpg

Reminded me of this pickup at my local Target.  The original Hasbro Bumblebee was half the price of this little guy.

2A3E6B6F-301C-4C4A-B43E-CFC6DBED2499.thumb.jpeg.213603c91cff10e3927347618ac162a5.jpeg

On 5/12/2022 at 4:03 AM, BitterOldMan said:

Reminded me of this pickup at my local Target.  The original Hasbro Bumblebee was half the price of this little guy.

2A3E6B6F-301C-4C4A-B43E-CFC6DBED2499.thumb.jpeg.213603c91cff10e3927347618ac162a5.jpeg

Well, the Jada set was expensive to me as an Australian at $80 including shipping. The only time I've seen those Micro figures though, they were $20 each, which is even more ridiculous (for reference a Marvel Legend or Star Wars Black costs $40), and in the end I'm really happy with the Jadas. The Jadas are bigger but still well small, and note that for some reason their 'Bee didn't get painted windows, even though their Cliffjumper did. No explanation for that one. 

Edited by Cat