• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,416 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 5:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Definitely open - I just got Snake Mountain not too long ago too though, and that's a massive set (3,800 pieces). So I plan to build that first. As someone who loved MOTU as a kid, these Mega sets are awesome - the figures are so much cooler than LEGO in my opinion, and the sets, while still pricey, are far more attainable for my budget compared to LEGO sets of the same size.

If I had the room, I'd be tempted. Idk why about MOS always makes me double take on display. Maybe just cause I don't see it as often (thumbsu

Gi joe and transformers rock! Just there is SO MUCH of it lol

On 6/16/2023 at 5:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Definitely open - I just got Snake Mountain not too long ago too though, and that's a massive set (3,800 pieces). So I plan to build that first. As someone who loved MOTU as a kid, these Mega sets are awesome - the figures are so much cooler than LEGO in my opinion, and the sets, while still pricey, are far more attainable for my budget compared to LEGO sets of the same size.

More to the point, I didn't have this stuff as a kid, so I don't have the "play nostalgia". If you've got the room, I agree putting it together is FUN! I've at least had that experience, which if added with the play, display, and or posable pics :x

There IS a lot to that hobby, so Congrats. :)

If you have time to post pics with figures, that'll be an awesome set up.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:14 PM, bentbryan said:

Heads up for Joe collectors…the retro classified Storm Shadow and Zartan are in-stock on Walmart.com.  Just be aware they basically ship them in a bubble envelope. doh!

I placed an order for this on July 21st 2022.

Still delayed. 

Anyone looking for a Sunday night deal? 

Star Wars vintage collection Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper is $29.39 and change this evening marked down from $44.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3BPVSFD/

image.thumb.png.947768a281af966915b2ecfc9474d908.png

On 6/18/2023 at 10:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

I placed an order for this on July 21st 2022.

Still delayed. 

Dang. Did you order thru Pulse? I missed when they were available for preorder there and only finally saw them by the time they were sold out. I was very surprised to see them on Walmart’s site. I’ll keep you posted but Walmart says it should be here by this Tuesday. hm

On 6/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, bentbryan said:

Dang. Did you order thru Pulse? I missed when they were available for preorder there and only finally saw them by the time they were sold out. I was very surprised to see them on Walmart’s site. I’ll keep you posted but Walmart says it should be here by this Tuesday. hm

I ordered it through Walmart.   Maybe I should order a second one and see which gets here first.  I only need one... but it's whatever...   Many people have been complaining in the FB groups that they are also still waiting. 

It was also $25 when I ordered it... 

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 10.59.12 PM.png

I've been watching this series, pretty interesting stuff.  Growing up in the 70s and 80s its a real trip down memory lane.

Watch The Toys That Built America Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY Channel

WOW, they've actually added several items to the sale, including the Masterpiece Jetfire. The discount knocks it down to about $189 shipped, you're not going to beat that. Just grabbed mine.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:28 AM, F For Fake said:

WOW, they've actually added several items to the sale, including the Masterpiece Jetfire. The discount knocks it down to about $189 shipped, you're not going to beat that. Just grabbed mine.

Let me check it out… I picked up the Shore Trooper four pack for $29.99 and a Deluxe 6”Fett.  Glad I sold my original and picked it up at discount. 

On 6/20/2023 at 11:28 PM, F For Fake said:

That's a damn good price. Don't I look like a fool, having paid full price. 

Love the other stuff you got. SS86 Ironhide is a great figure, just be careful if you're transforming him, that clear plastic can bind a bit. I can't get a Guardian Robot, it'd just make me sadder about missing Omega. 

I still need to pick up those X-Men 3-packs. Love those costumes, that was such a fun run in the comics. 

Such a nice haul you've got there. If you haven't watched Transformers Prime, you really should. It's a quality show. 

On 6/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Cat said:

That's a damn good price. Don't I look like a fool, having paid full price. 

Love the other stuff you got. SS86 Ironhide is a great figure, just be careful if you're transforming him, that clear plastic can bind a bit. I can't get a Guardian Robot, it'd just make me sadder about missing Omega. 

I still need to pick up those X-Men 3-packs. Love those costumes, that was such a fun run in the comics. 

Such a nice haul you've got there. If you haven't watched Transformers Prime, you really should. It's a quality show. 

Thanks bud! Definitely grabbed several things I'd been wanting for a while. I'd planned on grabbing Ironhide for some time now, but he wasn't hard to find (actually kind of a shelfwarmer around here) so I was content to wait for a better price. Appreciate the heads up. Man, at that price I am contemplating getting two more Guardians, but I don't really NEED them, so I think I'll wait and see if they get even cheaper around the holidays. Seems like the last several Titans have shown up around $100 by winter, so I may just wait it out, and if it never goes on sale, oh well, I've got the one.

Yes, I'm a sucker for complete teams for display, so when they put out those three packs, they were a must have. Glad I was patient, the discount helped a lot. I was really hoping that The Blob and Spiral would go on sale this week, as that would pretty much catch me up on the Legends stuff I'm interested in, but so for no go. Oh well, can't complain, I got crazy good deals on the other stuff I needed.

One more order headed my way from this sale, placed this AM, in addition to Skyfire. And with that I must push myself away from the computer before I go bankrupt! Went a little overboard on these deals, will need to start saving towards a presumed Black Friday sale.

So I bought this last week on Amazon as one of the few Star Wars Black Series figure I now own. 

I paid $24.99 and have no regrets.  It is now on sale during the Hasbro Pulse sale at 35% for members.  I cannot recommend this figure enough.  What figure you may ask?  Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight from the last episode of the second season of the Mandalorian.   It's a wonder addition at $24.99.  It is a great figure at $16 and change. 

image.thumb.png.bb233ee61794c6498770d3d65971a0d2.pngimage.thumb.png.82862a4166e1396b697b3dc530a1f63c.pngimage.thumb.png.6e111a877e570ef25d260992c99d7ae9.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/20/2023 at 9:25 PM, gadzukes said:

My son likes to print his own figures and tweak things to make them his own... and then paint them.

This is Matt Damon's character from Elysium.  Pretty cool.

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0497.jpeg

Oh wow, that is too cool! Looks like a GI Joe style construction, is it similar size?