• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,502 posts in this topic

Got my preorder in for Classified Storm Shadow V2.  I only bought one though because its not that great and not worthy of a display spot on my shelves.  Its no wonder Hasbro sales don't do well when they can't stick to canon or what customers want.  I was watching the Hasbro Pulse Live on June 4th for the news and many customers are telling them they are sick of exclusives, sick of repaints and just not having enough supply for customers aka a lot of people still want the V.A.M.P..  If they do a retro carded SS v2 that is proper colours as an exclusive in the States again I am going to be pretty pissed off and think that will be the end of me supporting Hasbro with any of their items.

Now lets talk about the Storm Shadow V2 I have shown.  First off there should be no red on this figure as far as I am concerned.  Should have been kept Gray, Black and White.  This is when he became a GI Joe and the red just in my mind portrays he is still a Cobra since that is usually when he wears any red in his outfit.  Next is the pouches around his waist.  They are too big.  Some people might like it but I see those pockets for being for like lockpicks, ninja stars and smoke pellets which are all small let alone the original figure they where not that big. I don't like what they call a skirt.  Next dislike is that there is no spare arrow for display let alone the arrows shown on the backpack are way to short and realistically those are more like crossbow bolts then they are arrows for a compound bow.  I can live with the swords being sheathed on his side and having two claws is a nice touch however I would have been happy with a black backpack that held gear that was more like the original 1988.   Sometimes just keeping it simple is better.

Next is the packaging for the Iron Grenadiers.  They state Cobra on them and then lower say Iron Grenadiers with a Cobra symbol behind them, My god Hasbro!  Iron Grenadiers are a a private military group ran by Destro!  Its been like that from day one and you look at any of the original Iron grenadiers items they all state Iron Grenadiers with the Iron Grenadiers logo.  Hasbro can't even get that right.  Who is on these marketing and design teams because they are so out of touch with what is going on.   The figure themselves are not bad but why include a B.A.T..  So many other Iron Grenadiers they could have done.

They also announced more exclusives in which the chat went off saying stop with the exclusives which was an other Sgt. Slaughter just this time the Marauders.  Bunch of repaints of previous figures and what a loss when they could have brought out some new characters instead such as the Renegades.  There is people still trying to do a OG 13 with classified and that isn't even complete yet either.

It is just sad how far of base they are from the people that actually buy this stuff.  One great thing of the show was that Emily wasn't on it since I cringe every time she talks about anything let alone the claims she makes when they where not her original ideas like trying to state retro card back from classified was her idea when it wasn't.  We where in the chat asking for that way before they even started doing that.  

Anyways as you can tell not overly impressed with what's going on.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf0c25793a97289bf6b8b86d643f6099.jpeg

On 5/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, Senormac said:

My son (who is 39) had to move to Phoenix Az. for work and didn't want these old Turtle action figures anymore.  They were his when he was a kid and are NOT NMIB !!  lol

I was thinking of putting them on craigslist but decided to run it by you guys first.  Anything good here?   Maybe a Christmas raffle offering?  

I notice a number of them in the top row have broken/ missing right arms. Weird no left arms are broke.  

zzzFullSizeR.jpge.thumb.jpg.84f87e885b770f06d8a16f3d667e3691.jpg

zzzturtlesb.thumb.jpg.5cb38a55d3786675919bd55bec30ce04.jpg

zzzFullSizeR.thumb.jpg.6856444447b6d0c343d1a49100c3f628.jpg

If anyone is interested 

TMNT action figure lot vintage | eBay

Posted (edited)

IF it is the Cantina according to the images circulated, I will sit this one out especially at the reported $400 price tag.   You would have to include at least $300 worth of figures I wanted for the stretch goals. 

Eisley.01__scaled_800.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/1/2024 at 1:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Nice G1 haul this morning. Every year I go to the local Wonderfest show ("The World's Largest Science Fiction Model Kit Show", running for nearly 35 years now), not because of the models, but because you never know what else you may find.

Don't get me wrong, I actually LOVE seeing the model kits, but aside from an occasional snap-together, I have zero aptitude with building and painting models. Just never had the knack. Love seeing them, love looking at the kits and all of the amazing builds people have done, but I don't buy model kits.

Instead, I look for the other random weird stuff. Over the years I've had great comic hauls, tons of toys, and general weirdness, all found at this show. You just never know what may show up.

Today I was doing my first walkthrough, made note of a couple of things I'd consider doubling back to pick up, when I ran across a table selling toys and kits. Lo and behold, at the end of the table, tucked in nearly out of sight: two carboard boxes filled with G1 Transformers.

The gentleman told me the story of the estate sale where he scored them, and I did an initial dig through the boxes. I pulled out a pile and we made a deal. I left with my gooies, but the thought of buying them all kept itching in my brain. So, I went to the ATM, came back, and made on offer on everything that was left. We were too far apart on the entire lot, but I didn't really need another Optimus Prime, two sets of Constructicons, or an incomplete Starscream. Took those out of the pile, and we went at it again. After some talking, we came to an agreement, he cleaned out the remainder of my wallet, and I cleaned out most of his TF.

Can't wait to start sorting through all of this stuff. Many more pics to come once I see what all is in here, but I have to tell you, nothing gets me excited quite as much as a ziploc baggie FILLED with G1 guns and accessories. Plastic gold, my friends.

More to come. Happy hunting!

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

What was he wanting for Prime and the Constructicons? 

A quick question for the LEGO fans here:  Did anybody grab Barad-Dur in time to get the Fell Beast free with purchase set?  I'm seeing that it ran out almost instantly and it's already selling (not asking, selling) for around $150 on eBay.

I should get mine when the set I ordered 20 minutes after it went on sale at lego.com finally arrives, but I'm going to worry until I have it in my hands.

(image shamelessly swiped from the internet)

fell.jpg

On 6/6/2024 at 4:57 PM, sd2416 said:

What was he wanting for Prime and the Constructicons? 

$80 ea for the Constructicons sets, but they were missing all of the accessories, so none of the guns or Devastator pieces. Seemed high to me, though I haven't bought a Constructicon set for a while, so maybe that's market price these days? Prime was more, I think like $100? If he was 100% complete that wouldn't be a terrible deal, but I only had a certain amount of cash, and Primes aren't hard to find, so I passed.

On 6/7/2024 at 12:04 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Cantina Haslab was announced.  No lights, no music, no floor.  $500 for the "deluxe" version.   I can't justify it.  Bummer.

A floor to peg down the bar stools and patrons, and to move the thing around, would have made sense. 

The HasLab cantina doesn't have enough bells and whistles to justify that price, IMO.  The pieces look pretty good, but there's not even a basic floor or a stage area for the band, and it probably should include more figures at that price point.  I'd really like to see one in person sometime, but I have no interest in owning it, myself.

However, the rumor mill is saying that the next GI Joe HasLab will be a Cobra Rattler, and I'll definitely be in for that!

Passing on the Cantina.

If you are going to spend $400 on half a cantina then spend $500 to get the whole thing.  Someone could just as easily 3D Print the whole thing as it is a plastic shell with bar pieces and I suspect someone will. 

I bought the Barge, the Skystriker, and the Ghost.  Looks like this will be a pass. 

Probably going to pass on the rumored Rattler as well, not because of not wanting it or price but because I have serious concerns over the durability of the plastic over time.  You get to a certain size and the plastic droops.  We see this with the 80's Dragonfly and more recently with the larger size X-Wing cannons and wings in the modern Star Wars line.  I can only wonder how long it will take the Haslab Dragonfly rotor to droop and I question the durability of the rumore rattler. 

On 6/5/2024 at 3:31 PM, whisp said:

Got my preorder in for Classified Storm Shadow V2.  I only bought one though because its not that great and not worthy of a display spot on my shelves.  Its no wonder Hasbro sales don't do well when they can't stick to canon or what customers want.  I was watching the Hasbro Pulse Live on June 4th for the news and many customers are telling them they are sick of exclusives, sick of repaints and just not having enough supply for customers aka a lot of people still want the V.A.M.P..  If they do a retro carded SS v2 that is proper colours as an exclusive in the States again I am going to be pretty pissed off and think that will be the end of me supporting Hasbro with any of their items.

Now lets talk about the Storm Shadow V2 I have shown.  First off there should be no red on this figure as far as I am concerned.  Should have been kept Gray, Black and White.  This is when he became a GI Joe and the red just in my mind portrays he is still a Cobra since that is usually when he wears any red in his outfit.  Next is the pouches around his waist.  They are too big.  Some people might like it but I see those pockets for being for like lockpicks, ninja stars and smoke pellets which are all small let alone the original figure they where not that big. I don't like what they call a skirt.  Next dislike is that there is no spare arrow for display let alone the arrows shown on the backpack are way to short and realistically those are more like crossbow bolts then they are arrows for a compound bow.  I can live with the swords being sheathed on his side and having two claws is a nice touch however I would have been happy with a black backpack that held gear that was more like the original 1988.   Sometimes just keeping it simple is better.

Next is the packaging for the Iron Grenadiers.  They state Cobra on them and then lower say Iron Grenadiers with a Cobra symbol behind them, My god Hasbro!  Iron Grenadiers are a a private military group ran by Destro!  Its been like that from day one and you look at any of the original Iron grenadiers items they all state Iron Grenadiers with the Iron Grenadiers logo.  Hasbro can't even get that right.  Who is on these marketing and design teams because they are so out of touch with what is going on.   The figure themselves are not bad but why include a B.A.T..  So many other Iron Grenadiers they could have done.

They also announced more exclusives in which the chat went off saying stop with the exclusives which was an other Sgt. Slaughter just this time the Marauders.  Bunch of repaints of previous figures and what a loss when they could have brought out some new characters instead such as the Renegades.  There is people still trying to do a OG 13 with classified and that isn't even complete yet either.

It is just sad how far of base they are from the people that actually buy this stuff.  One great thing of the show was that Emily wasn't on it since I cringe every time she talks about anything let alone the claims she makes when they where not her original ideas like trying to state retro card back from classified was her idea when it wasn't.  We where in the chat asking for that way before they even started doing that.  

Anyways as you can tell not overly impressed with what's going on.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf0c25793a97289bf6b8b86d643f6099.jpeg

It's not that it isn't vintage accurate. I am more than okay with the paint changes and the black boots and things like that.

Changes I wish they made.

• The waist section is too bulky to scream "stealth".
  • The belt with the pouches could have been more easily toned down so that it doesn't scream Batman Bat belt in white.
  • I am hoping that the swords can be attached to the backpack or their holder can. It will get in the way otherwise for certain poses.
  • The head seems slightly and I do mean slightly small.
  • I would have liked an unmasked portrait as well and would have paid $5 more for one.
  • I am "hesitant" on the skirt until I see how flexible it is on the commercial samples as it still looks like it hinders movement.

Things I have seen others complain about that I am okay with:

• Gear is in black instead of red. I am fine with a black backpack.
  • Black boots - that's fine too.
  • How low the hood sits over the eyes. Wear a low baseball cap and you can still see.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:28 AM, Buzzetta said:
  • The belt with the pouches could have been more easily toned down so that it doesn't scream Batman Bat belt in white.

I was thinking more like Storm Shadow escaped the trash compactor with Han and Luke and had to use a Stormtrooper belt from that point forward...

I'm not the biggest toy guy out there but I'm planning on visiting Toy Federation in Greer SC the first week in July. I'm super stoked to see their store. They don't have a big selection of comics (looks like about 2 dozen long boxes) but I'm hitting up that section first.:banana:I'm sure I'll report back after the trip.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:28 AM, Buzzetta said:

It's not that it isn't vintage accurate. I am more than okay with the paint changes and the black boots and things like that.

Changes I wish they made.

• The waist section is too bulky to scream "stealth".
  • I am hoping that the swords can be attached to the backpack or their holder can. It will get in the way otherwise for certain poses.
  • The head seems slightly and I do mean slightly small.
  • I would have liked an unmasked portrait as well and would have paid $5 more for one.
  • I am "hesitant" on the skirt until I see how flexible it is on the commercial samples as it still looks like it hinders movement.

Things I have seen others complain about that I am okay with:

• Gear is in black instead of red. I am fine with a black backpack.
  • Black boots - that's fine too.
  • How low the hood sits over the eyes. Wear a low baseball cap and you can still see.

Personally its the hood for me that is to slim and should be wider.  From what I saw on the show the claws fit on the side of the backpack.  I don't mind that there is no red backpack or sword since it was a funky colour even back then for gear.  I don't like the skirt but don't mind the shoulder pad.  The red just bugs me for a figure that is suppose to be in I would assume is a sort of urban camouflage.  It is what it is and why I only bought one.  It was the joe figure that is #1 on my list and the classified version is  just wrong.  Maybe Super 7  will do a more accurate one since there v1 SS I was very impressed with.

image.jpeg.68d77f487c963edb873a5e19274d40a3.jpeg

On 6/8/2024 at 11:18 AM, grendel013 said:

I'm not the biggest toy guy out there but I'm planning on visiting Toy Federation in Greer SC the first week in July. I'm super stoked to see their store. They don't have a big selection of comics (looks like about 2 dozen long boxes) but I'm hitting up that section first.:banana:I'm sure I'll report back after the trip.

If you pass through Myrtle Beach, stop by my house. I've got comics, toys and free drinks. :cheers:

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 4:08 PM, grendel013 said:

I will let you know if I head that way!:cheers:

I want free toys!

Edited by whisp