• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2024 at 3:57 PM, Yorick said:

That'd be a sweet job.  Is the company hiring?  :takeit:

Because of the Pandemic and then the writers strikes his company "Crafty Apes" has had a ton of layoffs.  He's been one of the lucky ones who still has his job.  Part of that is because of seniority within the company, and part of that is because he's really good at the job.

I think it's a pretty bad time to get into the visual effects world.  We really need movies to fully recover and for Marvel to start hitting some home runs.  Maybe Deadpool will be the start of that.

Edited by gadzukes

Finally checked another piece off of my vintage Alien collection list. These aren't hard to find necessarily, but they can be expensive. Finally found a sealed example for what I felt was a reasonable price. Even sealed, the box is designed so that you can still look into the viewfinder and play the film. Of course, 45 years later, the film strip has long since red-shifted and degraded, but you can still make out a few images here and there. 

IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9967.JPG

On 4/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, F For Fake said:

Finally checked another piece off of my vintage Alien collection list. These aren't hard to find necessarily, but they can be expensive. Finally found a sealed example for what I felt was a reasonable price. Even sealed, the box is designed so that you can still look into the viewfinder and play the film. Of course, 45 years later, the film strip has long since red-shifted and degraded, but you can still make out a few images here and there. 

IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9967.JPG

Lol the other day looking for my long put away nes TMNT video game, which I didn't find, I saw my old view finder case. Blue and dusty with no viewers inside. Idk 

Made me chuckle 😂 

That is cool though. Sealed and still "viewable!"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/27/2024 at 1:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol the other day looking for my long put away nes TMNT video game, which I didn't find, I saw my old view finder case. Blue and dusty with no viewers inside. Idk 

Made me chuckle 😂 

That is cool though. Sealed and still "viewable!"

Yeah, it’s a great idea, that way kids could check it out in the store. I wish I had all of my old View Master stuff, I had a Muppets sst that I fondly recall.

On 4/27/2024 at 1:20 PM, F For Fake said:

IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9967.JPG

I remember going back and forth on the scene where the alien gets sucked out the escape hatch over and over because in reverse, it looked like the alien was gonna win :roflmao:

A couple of other new pieces arrived this week. This is the first new Transformers I've bought in quite a while, but I had to have Cybertron Wheeljack to finish out my Cybertron mode set! These are toys I wanted SO badly as a kid, only had to wait 40 years for Hasbro to make them! His robot form is chunky, but that's fine, because he'll be staying in vehicle mode. Satisfyingly chunky.

The only other modern line I'm keeping up with is Marvel Legends, but only for classic X-Men and Avengers, so not many left that I'd want to own. This Angel is really nice. Alt hands are a little big on this body, but the wings are absolutely gorgeous. Bought and extra to display MISB with the Deluxe Archangel, which is one of my all time favorite Legends. 

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

On 5/4/2024 at 8:49 AM, Xenosmilus said:

Hey all, need some advice. I'm looking into getting a Star Wars AT-ST and not sure what to look for when buying one other than discoloration and other obvious stuff.  Any suggestions?

What is your intention with it?  Display?  Resell?

I have not been keeping track of prices, but I'm assuming a 90's version might be cheaper.  Personally, I'm a big fan of those customizers who repaint the 90's versions for display.  I don't think I'd mess around with an original.

On 5/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, Yorick said:

What is your intention with it?  Display?  Resell?

I have not been keeping track of prices, but I'm assuming a 90's version might be cheaper.  Personally, I'm a big fan of those customizers who repaint the 90's versions for display.  I don't think I'd mess around with an original.

I was thinking of an original.  I don't collect SW stuff so I don't know much between the original's an 90's version. It would be mostly for display but I won't want anything fragile and not looking for the best of the best.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:43 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I was thinking of an original.  I don't collect SW stuff so I don't know much between the original's an 90's version. It would be mostly for display but I won't want anything fragile and not looking for the best of the best.

It should run you less than $100 for a complete one in nice condition with the "walking" mechanism still working. The driver figure is also one of the cheaper ones loose if you needed him as well.

On 5/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, Xenosmilus said:

It looks like The Power of the Force line began in 1995.  All the vehicles were recast from the same molds as the originals.  I see many for sale when I search "Star Wars Power of the Force ATST".  They should be a cheaper option if price matters.  The plastic color cast is slightly darker grey than the original vehicle (which I would say is an egg-shell white).