• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,469 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Someone on Reddit found a placeholder for a Galactus Haslab project listing on the Hasbro Pulse web site for $400.  It'll probably be announced later today.

a66e681713104ad8684a1911684e969d.jpg

Halab Sentinel was $350?  

It will be interesting to see what this does.  I believe Galactus is a lock to be made.

But I wonder if it will outsell the Sentinel.  You have Galactus which might be more desirable than a Sentinel but you only need one Galactus while you army built the Sentinel. 

Hasbro posted a teaser.

@fantastic_four - I cannot believe I am saying this at my age. 

Going by the scale presented in the image of Reed compared to the foot.  Is it bigger, smaller, or about the same size as the Sentinel?

217256541_4603507286348843_2202507435016135989_n.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 11:38 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I sold my Adidas freebie on eBay for $26!

Yeah... I think it is going there. 

I broke out the Imperial Flagship last night to justify buying another big set.

I really am paring down.

The best was when I priced this I was the cheapest American seller on Bricklink albeit above the average going rate / FMV.  I was the cheapest on eBay but I priced it at what I would get after fees.   And yet, some people still complained and mocked the for sale listing.  If they were to behave in the comics world the way they behave there they would be blacklisted. 

I sold the Imperial Flagship last night for $1200 + shipping. 

I think I want a clear out another 'bin' of stuff today.  As a bonus, while looking at bins in my storage room, I found another 25gallon rubbermaid that I thought was filled with action figures or old toys and things.  Turns out it was a leftover container from my brother of clothes.  That was a nice surprise as that is going straight to my parent's house.   They were not happy about it but... (shrug)

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 1.11.10 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

36 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Going by the scale presented in the image of Reed compared to the foot.  Is it bigger, smaller, or about the same size as the Sentinel?

Here's a re-post of Dwight Stall's tease of the Sentinel leg with Jubilee and Wolverine near it for scale (Dwight is the lead designer with the Marvel Legends team).  They appear to come roughly as far up the lower leg as Reed comes up the leg of Galactus in today's tease.  That suggests Galactus is pretty close to the 26" size of the Sentinel, although obviously it's probably taller with his huge helmet on.

v5whcb1njc051.jpg?auto=webp&s=6cb7ea1550

56 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

But I wonder if it will outsell the Sentinel.  You have Galactus which might be more desirable than a Sentinel but you only need one Galactus while you army built the Sentinel. 

Yea that's a tough call, it'll be interesting.  I'm guessing it will sell somewhat less well than the Sentinel, but we really have to wait to see how much they're sweetening the deal with extras.  Dan Yun, one of their marketing guys, said he was trying to add as much value as possible and was determined for Galactus to out-sell the Sentinel.  If he comes with an extensive collection of heralds it will make a big difference.

Edited by fantastic_four

The New York Times just ran a piece about Haslab projects and includes references to today's Galactus and likely twelfth-scale Star Wars Rancor project reveals:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/16/business/toys-exclusive-crowdfunding.html

There's also a new Galactus teaser image:

merlin_190897692_c4140d6f-dd0a-4963-b551

Wow, they OVER doubled the backing goal from 6,000 to 14,000, and in NO way do I believe they need 14K to fund this thing, so sheesh, nice marketing ploy.  :eyeroll:  And they didn't even bother to list stretch goals.  They're FAR more confident about this project than the Sentinel, clearly.  :popcorn:

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Wow, they OVER doubled the backing goal from 6,000 to 14,000, and in NO way do I believe they need 14K to fund this thing, so sheesh, nice marketing ploy.  :eyeroll:  And they didn't even bother to list stretch goals.  They're FAR more confident about this project than the Sentinel, clearly.  :popcorn:

There are a bunch of people remarking on the ol' IG something similar.  At 14,000 units though that might be a bit lofty due to the number of people holding out for a stretch goal.  I think it is safe to say that the very first stretch goal would be Silver Surfer or at least the second. 

You never know with these things though.  Remember when they did Unicron in 2019 they wound up extending the deadline because people were not impressed at the $600 price tag.  Unicron sells for more now, but at the point of sale, it was hard to get people to sign up.

At $400, with people waiting for add ons, and a minimum of 14,000 units I am curious as to what happens. 

Hasbro is forgetting that there is still a sizable part of the collector base that is of the 'wait and see' crowd. It will be interesting to see how quickly they reach 14,000 units without a bonus.

As an aside, I just realized as I wrote this that if the body is the same then Hasbro is definitely saving on some of the joints and connection points as well as some other parts to make this instead of having to develop it from scratch. 

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

There are a bunch of people remarking on the ol' IG something similar.  At 14,000 units though that might be a bit lofty due to the number of people holding out for a stretch goal.  I think it is safe to say that the very first stretch goal would be Silver Surfer or at least the second. 

You never know with these things though.  Remember when they did Unicron in 2019 they wound up extending the deadline because people were not impressed at the $600 price tag.  Unicron sells for more now, but at the point of sale, it was hard to get people to sign up.

At $400, with people waiting for add ons, and a minimum of 14,000 units I am curious as to what happens. 

Hasbro is forgetting that there is still a sizable part of the collector base that is of the 'wait and see' crowd. It will be interesting to see how quickly they reach 14,000 units without a bonus.

As an aside, I just realized as I wrote this that if the body is the same then Hasbro is definitely saving on some of the joints and connection points as well as some other parts to make this instead of having to develop it from scratch. 

IIRC, they had to extend Unicron twice to ensure it hit the goal. I guess Hasbro really wanted to make that, rather than scrap it and move on. 

At 400 units at a 14K production, they are expecting $5.6M. Hasbro is looking to cash out on this project. I think 14K might be tough to reach. This is not a Sentinel where people buy mulptiles. Also, the previous Hasbro Marvel Universe Galactus, is already pretty good, just not as large. 

11 hours ago, Lpgk said:

Hasbro is looking to cash out on this project.

Yea I can't think of any other great Marvel Haslab projects that would reach the levels of a Sentinel or Galactus so going all in on this one makes sense.  Having said that I expected more extras, but there's not much room for extras in stretch goals with the minimum set so high.  The lack of extras is disappointing, although the figure itself looks superb.

Galactus looks great, but I've got the same problem as with all the other HasLab projects: where would I put them? I already struggle to house a Transformers Titan, let alone one of these. So for reasons of practicality, I'm passing. Awesome figure, and I'm happy for anyone who's going for him, but it's just not for me. It's not like I'm left out in the cold, I've still got my favourite version, the Toy Biz BAF. Imo he still holds up despite his age. 

Comicpalooza (Houston, TX) 2021 was a complete success (for me)! We had a great time, saw some returning friendly vendors/artists that we like, met some new friendly (and less than friendly) people, and in general had a really great day.

I picked up some fill-in Funko Pop goodness, but it was slim pickings: She-Hulk (classic), Medusa, a Flocked Stitch, Blacklight Iron Man, an Art Series Spider-Man, and a Black Widow w/ Shield. Lots of commons, lots of fresh/new Pop’s, but *not* a whole lot of rare/vaulted, and I only saw one or two “grail” Pop’s: a (singular) Blacklight Carnage that sold for $500 (nuts!) and a Blacklight Hulk that was oh-so-lonely priced at $700(!). My wife said “no” to both, and I completely agreed.

I did take full advantage of Donny Cates & Ryan Stegman’s shared booth for signatures: A Walgreens Kaine Parker Scarlet Spider Pop (which Stegman didn’t even know existed. He wants one, so somebody bring one to a show and make a trade for a remark or something…no, he wasn’t getting mine.), a LA Comic Con Cosmic Ghost Rider, a LA Comic Con Corrupted Venom, and a PIAB Winged Venom. 

During the evening VIP signing event with Stegman & Cates, one of them accidentally knocked a pop off their table, and it got a laugh out of the crowd. Since it went over as funny, they started poking/flicking all of the pop’s people had on the table for signatures over the side of the table. It was funny…because those weren’t *my* pops. If it was mine, and they pushed it off the table, I would have been a little heated…but that’s me, and I could be wrong. 

181CE8D3-970D-468A-A955-302A41CB239C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

IMG_3864.JPG

I love it! Seriously, I’m the nut job who had the mini comics pressed & graded; I will always cheer people who buy aliens toys…except those god-awful rainbow colored abominations they have at Walmart these days. 😁

Nice picks!

1 hour ago, BabaLament said:

I love it! Seriously, I’m the nut job who had the mini comics pressed & graded; I will always cheer people who buy aliens toys…except those god-awful rainbow colored abominations they have at Walmart these days. 😁

Nice picks!

Thanks. Me and the wife are Alien nuts so we pick up tons of stuff. Especially on the cheap. These were $5 each. 

10 hours ago, Mmanick said:

Anyone selling the nick fury original marvel legend? Been looking for that one lately. Hard to find at a decent price.

Do you mostly want him for the Nick Fury head or to use him as a SHIELD agent?  They teased a few months ago that they will be releasing a SHIELD army builder figure on Hasbro Pulse, so if you're looking to use that figure for SHIELD agents you can wait.  If you want the figure for Nick Fury or Dirk Anger heads then yea, you'll want to get that figure because I presume the army builder won't come with those two heads.  The teaser silhouette they showed of the army builder appeared to have that helmeted head on it, and that's likely the only head it will come with.

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Do you mostly want him for the Nick Fury head or to use him as a SHIELD agent?  They teased a few months ago that they will be releasing a SHIELD army builder figure on Hasbro Pulse, so if you're looking to use that figure for SHIELD agents you can wait.  If you want the figure for Nick Fury or Dirk Anger heads then yea, you'll want to get that figure because I presume the army builder won't come with those two heads.  The teaser silhouette they showed of the army builder appeared to have that helmeted head on it, and that's likely the only head it will come with.

No, I collect old school nick fury because I like the character. That one has alluded me for a while also.