• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,420 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

It saddens me to say that the train loop is going to have to come down to do some urban redesign to accommodate the biggest modular on the block. 

64918905451__F96E350D-4940-4FA5-B5D7-A67EF03F9348.jpeg

64918916313__BC149704-04C9-4713-9CE3-26E839A4586A.jpeg

64918920318__102E1598-DFAD-49E1-B726-F5DA4F6D029A.jpeg

64918923952__71310CDD-F2B1-4D3A-A81E-D0AF397EDC19.jpeg

Any update on this project? I'm super interested to see the Bugle integrated with the rest of your modular set-up.

Target restocking the long sold out Cobra Island figures was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I guess I’m collecting GI Joe Classified now. Still missed out on Major Bludd and Beach Head, but this is a good start. Wish I’d been able to snag a couple more Vipers, but at least I’ve got one. Also got Flint on Amazon for $15, and a Lady Jaye at the Joe Show. BBTS still has most of the rest of the figures in stock, so I don’t have to be in a huge hurry to catch up.

B178BD27-C2E6-4C42-96BB-0F82DBB57E15.jpeg

D99F2872-86B9-4C3C-89D5-BB7AA51FFFAD.jpeg

63738C65-E400-41AF-A579-688A0E67D402.jpeg

6292F85B-97A3-467E-840D-6C31E8E74262.jpeg

Also grabbed the new Target exclusive Worlds Collide TF set. Really just wanted Fangry, but after selling the other figures and paying fees, I’ll essentially get him for free, plus a few extra bucks.

45604A05-4080-4918-AEE7-CF99BDBD5B42.jpeg

4EA598B7-FD97-4130-A366-0DC41642EC60.jpeg

On 8/4/2021 at 3:50 PM, F For Fake said:

Also grabbed the new Target exclusive Worlds Collide TF set. Really just wanted Fangry, but after selling the other figures and paying fees, I’ll essentially get him for free, plus a few extra bucks.

45604A05-4080-4918-AEE7-CF99BDBD5B42.jpeg

4EA598B7-FD97-4130-A366-0DC41642EC60.jpeg

It the Bumblebee included the same as the Walmart exclusive? 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:03 PM, Dave2739 said:

Any update on this project? I'm super interested to see the Bugle integrated with the rest of your modular set-up.

No progress right now.

The sales threads have been dominating that time which is good... because then it frees up even more space to make things easier. 

On 8/4/2021 at 4:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

It the Bumblebee included the same as the Walmart exclusive? 

Oddly enough, my understanding is that it’s the Earthrise Cliffjumper body, with a Walmart BB head.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, Buzzetta said:

That's so vintage G1 of them lol 

Yes, almost have to wonder if it was an homage!

Apparently I'm on a Joe roll these days. LCS got in a few random figures today. Had to have these Mission Brazil figures, they're super clean. Claymore's helmet will be tough/expensive, but not impossible. The file card is also uncommon.

Recondo is a little floppy, but complete for $20, had to grab him.

no idea why pics post sideways from my iPad, too lazy to try to fix it!

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

On 8/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, srezvan said:

Just a couple of random purchases from a toy show last weekend. The kids enjoyed the Weapons and Warriors, and it'll go nicely with my Crossbows and Catapults. It's not complete and a few pieces are broken, but not too much missing and only $10. I picked up the Wolverine because I had the GSX1 CD as a kid and thought it was so cool at the time. By today's standards, it is probably a bit clunky. And I still remember the Dark Phoenix Saga episodes of the X-Men cartoon airing for the first time. I re-watched the whole 90s cartoon series recently with my kids, and I think it holds up well.

20210803_125124.jpg

20210803_125138.jpg

20210801_103639.jpg

The oddest part is that the packaging fails to highlight it's Wolverine.  Like Weapon X: Wolverine. 

What's on the CD?  X-men 101? Or maybe the 130s?

Patrick

On 8/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, followtheleader said:

The oddest part is that the packaging fails to highlight it's Wolverine.  Like Weapon X: Wolverine. 

What's on the CD?  X-men 101? Or maybe the 130s?

Patrick

I'm not sure what stories are on it and it's not clear from the package. I don't plan on opening it, but I think there are some cheap, loose CDs on ebay. It says 80 pages, so it should be several issues (no ads, I would guess). Plus reference material, trivia game, and I think clips from the cartoon.

gawd I just went on a LEGO splurge, mostly brought on by Me and my daughter picking back up on our Diagon Alley build. 
A spectacular build if you havent seen it. We're on the last building (Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes) so I had to order some more sets just to be ready for when we finish!
81bVXN4PJmL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.63663af3e8f3f962ba7347dbd07a3f8d.jpg
(Of course I buy right after VIP double points time ends on lego.com) 

As I was poking around ebay for some other sets (weirdly some things were cheaper on lego's site) I was surprised to see quite a few instances of retired sets with missing pieces sitting unpurchased, while retired (opened) sets that were complete selling. I scooped up a few sets that seemed to have demand (when complete) and then ordered the 20 or so replacement pieces (for like $2). I may resell them after rebuilding them to confirm they're complete. @Buzzetta (or any other Lego Jedi master) is there a rule of thumb for devaluation of sets between sealed vs opened and built (then unbuilt and complete)?  Or how much does a set devalue when the minifigures are not included (this seems like the most common "piecing" of a set, as opposed to just losing bits) 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, miraclemet said:

gawd I just went on a LEGO splurge, mostly brought on by Me and my daughter picking back up on our Diagon Alley build. 
A spectacular build if you havent seen it. We're on the last building (Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes) so I had to order some more sets just to be ready for when we finish!
81bVXN4PJmL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.63663af3e8f3f962ba7347dbd07a3f8d.jpg
(Of course I buy right after VIP double points time ends on lego.com) 

As I was poking around ebay for some other sets (weirdly some things were cheaper on lego's site) I was surprised to see quite a few instances of retired sets with missing pieces sitting unpurchased, while retired (opened) sets that were complete selling. I scooped up a few sets that seemed to have demand (when complete) and then ordered the 20 or so replacement pieces (for like $2). I may resell them after rebuilding them to confirm they're complete. @Buzzetta (or any other Lego Jedi master) is there a rule of thumb for devaluation of sets between sealed vs opened and built (then unbuilt and complete)?  Or how much does a set devalue when the minifigures are not included (this seems like the most common "piecing" of a set, as opposed to just losing bits) 

The people buying boxed and retired sets are merely buying boxes.  

Lego is one of the outliers in collecting since most anything can be assembled from sourced bricks.  Now there are rare exceptions.  The $800 Falcon is the only set where you can purchase that nosecone.  I believe that the Diagon Alley set is similar due to certain elements only being produced in certain colors that are exclusive to that set. 

Now the same holds true with the minifgures.   There are some minifigures that are issued across multiple sets such as certain prints of Batman or a Stormtrooper.  Then there are certain prints of a minifigure that are only available to one or two sets such as Zeb from the Rebels Ghost Ship.   Zeb was only issued once and in that set. 

Ordering the replacement parts is the no brainer.  I was thinking of selling my loose copy of 79018 (Lonely Mountain Hobbit vs Smaug Set) in the last Lego thread I ran over in Mixed because that seems to go for a decent amount of money.. but... I was missing one scale on Smaug.  I ordered that along with a few other pieces I needed.  Set is complete and as of now, I like the set enough again to keep it in the cabinet in my home office.   

I would never sell sets unless they are 100%.  It's lazy to do that.  The value of the set does increase significantly if it is absolutely 100% complete because a lot of people don't want to take the set that you or I would do and buy the missing pieces off of bricklink.  People are inherently lazy when it comes to things like that... so... absolutely complete can command a significant premium over 'missing' one part. 

Now value wise?

Sealed is worth a lot to those collecting sealed sets and will always command a premium. 

However, on the rare occasion if the available inventory across the internet is low you can start asking well above FMV and still get it when the set does not come up too often, there is demand and you are the only one selling it.  Think of that scenario like a Golden Age Comic that rarely shows up at auction.  Throw the guide out of the window. 

Complete will always beat out incomplete. 

Lego realized that their sets were getting too expensive so they promoted the 2021 sets saying they would make the sets smaller but pack in the detail to keep the price down.  

Costco has the new slave one marked down from $50 to $38.  That’s a steep discount for a set that just came out.  Since I almost paid $25 (going rate) for the Mandalorian version of Boba Fett, buying the entire set for $13 more was a no brained.  Let’s see how it stacks up to the previous 40th anniversary model.

DC7D29C0-D41A-45BE-A928-C314CD0D7820.jpeg