• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,374 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Cantina Showdown - $105 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/star-wars-the-black-series-the-power-of-the-force-cantina-showdown

Black Series with the Cantina Bar

To be honest, I think the pack in with Kenobi is odd.  They should have packed in the bartender as I cannot see him being offered separately. 

image.thumb.png.6577a493f3dbff8243e8f65f5c66f159.png

Agreed.

He doesn't like you.

I dont like you either 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

FYI restocks of Gi Joe classified baroness, viper, and other cobra island exclusives are on target.com and Hasbro pulse

Including the Target-exclusive Cobra Trooper.  That thing was SO hard to get I'm surprised it's available so easily now.  That guy is the best army-building action figure I've ever seen...SO well done with fantastic accessories and customization options.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, F For Fake said:

Hey gang! Hope everyone has been well.  Since I can't access the boards at work anymore (stupid firewall) I don't have a lot of time to get on here, since the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer!

Anyway, I'm sorry if I missed any responses to anyone or anything. Loving the pics of everyone's stuff per usual! I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had my eye on something special. Well, I picked up one half two weeks ago, and I get the other half tomorrow. Will share this weekend at some point. A couple of personal grails for sure.

In the meantime, I know I've mentioned my best friend a few times on here. I am a GI Joe "collector", but he is a GI Joe "fanatic", and his collection puts mine, and most others that I've seen, to shame. A pretty much complete set of all ARAH figures, including international releases (Tiger Force figures, Satan, etc). He didn't collect MOST repaint vehicles lines like Tiger Force, NIght Force, etc but has all of the molds in their original colors and a few extras. Anyway, he has been hard at work on his display room for months now, and a couple of weeks ago I finally got to see it. He said I could share some pics.

If you aren't too distracted by his wife's Barbie collection, enjoy the pics. I think the coolest piece is his USS Flagg, which he has completely customized below decks. @STORMSHADOW_80 I thought you may get a kick out of this, as I know you've customized your Flagg as well. I have no talent for this sort of thing, so I just have to admire the handiwork of others. 

Ok, that's that, should have some cool stuff to show you all shortly! Hope everyone is doing well.

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

I love that water base for display. I guess I need to get an Aircraft Carrier now. This setup convinced me. Unless Hasbro will release a modern one or a re-release. Which I don't see as I just don't get how they are handling G.I.Joe these days. But these limited inventory figures keep selling out and many going to scalpers. So obviously a good number of collectors don't care yet. And Hasbro doesn't care either.

I've seen posts on Hisstank where people say they are about to get into a fight with people over figures at Target. But I've yet to see one on youtube yet.

Things will change eventually though. They usually do in situations like this. Mondo posters were hot years ago with their artificial limit on posters. Immediate sell outs going to flippers. Now Mondo hasn't released a good poster in years. I'm surprised they are still around.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, F For Fake said:

Hey gang! Hope everyone has been well.  Since I can't access the boards at work anymore (stupid firewall) I don't have a lot of time to get on here, since the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer!

Anyway, I'm sorry if I missed any responses to anyone or anything. Loving the pics of everyone's stuff per usual! I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had my eye on something special. Well, I picked up one half two weeks ago, and I get the other half tomorrow. Will share this weekend at some point. A couple of personal grails for sure.

In the meantime, I know I've mentioned my best friend a few times on here. I am a GI Joe "collector", but he is a GI Joe "fanatic", and his collection puts mine, and most others that I've seen, to shame. A pretty much complete set of all ARAH figures, including international releases (Tiger Force figures, Satan, etc). He didn't collect MOST repaint vehicles lines like Tiger Force, NIght Force, etc but has all of the molds in their original colors and a few extras. Anyway, he has been hard at work on his display room for months now, and a couple of weeks ago I finally got to see it. He said I could share some pics.

If you aren't too distracted by his wife's Barbie collection, enjoy the pics. I think the coolest piece is his USS Flagg, which he has completely customized below decks. @STORMSHADOW_80 I thought you may get a kick out of this, as I know you've customized your Flagg as well. I have no talent for this sort of thing, so I just have to admire the handiwork of others. 

Ok, that's that, should have some cool stuff to show you all shortly! Hope everyone is doing well.

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

How did I miss this post?! Freaking amazing! Those are some collecting goals right there. Some very cool pieces. And he combined the detolfs together. I’ve never seen that before. Lots of great display ideas. I’m getting a terrordrome in the next couple of weeks. I have no idea how I’m going to display it. Kudos to your friends collection. I know he put a ton of work into that collection 

10 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I was having a rough day at work on Thursday and my wife texted me she found some racks on our local Facebook marketplace. I did not need another thing to think about, like getting someone to help me with a truck, etc so I told her to pass.

Well, she went ahead and bought them and had one of our friend’s brother pick them up and actually got them to our house!  So glad she did!

This is an extra rooms we had full of boxes and junk. It was this color when we moved in and we’ve been procrastinating on painting it for almost four years.  I don’t love the color but I think it works for now.

I spent last night until 2:00 AM working on the room. Got up at 8:00 AM today and worked up until now on it.  Was able to hang about half my figures on pegs and also got quite a few prints up on the walls that were stuck in a closet. Good enough for now!

230394FD-0F05-4E35-86E9-F1063716ECA3.thumb.jpeg.20d1f771ed4615f9998cbcdbf18cbfdb.jpeg
47089E2A-DA20-44FD-A149-7A5EA331968E.thumb.jpeg.0b449aab1aaa62e4d9dbaac0d6d9ef1c.jpeg62864F6D-6BCF-46A5-AA57-FA549F8BD607.thumb.jpeg.2f335fea72221c7f6829a88413d68e87.jpeg

That looks amazing!!!!

15 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

I was having a rough day at work on Thursday and my wife texted me she found some racks on our local Facebook marketplace. I did not need another thing to think about, like getting someone to help me with a truck, etc so I told her to pass.

Well, she went ahead and bought them and had one of our friend’s brother pick them up and actually got them to our house!  So glad she did!

This is an extra rooms we had full of boxes and junk. It was this color when we moved in and we’ve been procrastinating on painting it for almost four years.  I don’t love the color but I think it works for now.

I spent last night until 2:00 AM working on the room. Got up at 8:00 AM today and worked up until now on it.  Was able to hang about half my figures on pegs and also got quite a few prints up on the walls that were stuck in a closet. Good enough for now!

230394FD-0F05-4E35-86E9-F1063716ECA3.thumb.jpeg.20d1f771ed4615f9998cbcdbf18cbfdb.jpeg
47089E2A-DA20-44FD-A149-7A5EA331968E.thumb.jpeg.0b449aab1aaa62e4d9dbaac0d6d9ef1c.jpeg62864F6D-6BCF-46A5-AA57-FA549F8BD607.thumb.jpeg.2f335fea72221c7f6829a88413d68e87.jpeg

I bet there is a "No Kids Under 10 Allowed" policy for that room! I just envision a couple of unattended 5 year olds wreaking havoc in that room! :roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 7/10/2021 at 1:54 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

How did I miss this post?! Freaking amazing! Those are some collecting goals right there. Some very cool pieces. And he combined the detolfs together. I’ve never seen that before. Lots of great display ideas. I’m getting a terrordrome in the next couple of weeks. I have no idea how I’m going to display it. Kudos to your friends collection. I know he put a ton of work into that collection 

I thought you’d like it! Yeah, he put a lot of work into those detolfs. He found the plans online somewhere, I can ask him about it if anyone is interested. Our nearest IKEA is about 1.5 hours away, and he needed a ton of them, so he paid the freight shipping to get them. It’s a flat rate whether you get 1 or 100, so I think he got a couple of dozen. He’s much handier than I am, but he said the conversion isn’t too difficult.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

FYI restocks of Gi Joe classified baroness, viper, and other cobra island exclusives are on target.com and Hasbro pulse

I grabbed the Baroness and Trooper, which are surprisingly still available. Viper sold out. I’ve seen several folks grab Firefly as well, apparently he popped up a few times on Friday. I haven’t seen it myself. I decided to stay away from Classified as I don’t really collect the scale, but the Baroness with the bike and now Breaker with the RAM, it may have broken my willpower. The sculpts on Breaker and the upcoming Barbecue (as well as the Snake/Timber set) seem more classically inspired, and makes them harder for me to resist.

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I thought you’d like it! Yeah, he put a lot of work into those detolfs. He found the plans online somewhere, I can ask him about it if anyone is interested. Our nearest IKEA is about 1.5 hours away, and he needed a ton of them, so he paid the freight shipping to get them. It’s a flat rate whether you get 1 or 100, so I think he got a couple of dozen. He’s much handier than I am, but he said the conversion isn’t too difficult.

I had to go back and take a look at the detolfs.....

I can never figure good enough lighting for it, that 1) doesnt require a plug and 2) lasts a while....

Ige got a few things crammed into one, but making it classy is my goal. I'm same as you, not as handy, although I havent really looked either lol

I have some boards I use for shelving but havent bothered to stain or paint yet either.

Sometimes it's a like projects just last over time, and like good comic finds you stumble upon what you're looking for....

The key is to always be looking. :tink:There is so much available!

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had to go back and take a look at the detolfs.....

I can never figure good enough lighting for it, that 1) doesnt require a plug and 2) lasts a while....

Ige got a few things crammed into one, but making it classy is my goal. I'm same as you, not as handy, although I havent really looked either lol

I have some boards I use for shelving but havent bothered to stain or paint yet either.

Sometimes it's a like projects just last over time, and like good comic finds you stumble upon what you're looking for....

The key is to always be looking. :tink:There is so much available!

Lighting can be tough for sure. I got some leds from IKEA, but have never been happy with the wire/cable arrangements, as they’re still kind of sloppy. I’ve tried covering them with heat shrink, and it’s better, but not great. Oh well, it’s good enough I guess as I’m the only one looking at it!

Just now, F For Fake said:

Lighting can be tough for sure. I got some leds from IKEA, but have never been happy with the wire/cable arrangements, as they’re still kind of sloppy. I’ve tried covering them with heat shrink, and it’s better, but not great. Oh well, it’s good enough I guess as I’m the only one looking at it!

I thought about light strips, but I'm not too familiar with them to know on off or flashing or streamer, or battery life woul be the main thing

And or brightness of those, it's a lot to consider lol

On 7/11/2021 at 6:59 PM, F For Fake said:

My Pile of Loot from BBTS showed up this week, and I think I’m now pretty much caught up on my cast of the 86 movie. Also got a couple of additions to my Lost Light crew. (No idea how/why BBTS is still getting shipments of Thrilling 30 stuff, but I’m not complaining, as the prices are better than eBay).

Looks like my Galvatron has the jacked up shoulders that folks are complaining about, but I don’t care enough to do surgery on him. He’s fine for my needs.

Also found this Cobra Trooper at Walmart. I haven’t been following the line very closely, but I knew I hadn’t seen one before. May try to grab a couple more and throw them in the  Terror Drome.

I did not buy Galvatron but I know that a sizable number of the arms were assembled incorrectly and shipped out.  So if you are opening, check the arms at the shoulder.   There are some self fix it tutorials online for him to disassemble and then fix it... but... yeah. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Apparently, Amazon can find my house just fine the other 70-100 times I place an order through them.  Now I am debating whether or not to order another one or just pass along Mando on his own as he was the only other one from the assortment I bought. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 3.54.03 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/10/2021 at 11:15 PM, Iconic1s said:

My God, that looks great 👍🤩