• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

Couple fun questions.  Try to limit it to one toy per question to make the questions a little tougher.  

Feel free to throw in some back-story. 

A.  What was your all-time favorite toy that you received at Christmas/Birthday? 

B.  What toy did you yearn for but never received (at least never received in your youth)? 

C.  What toy did you thoroughly enjoy in your youth, but you now find it to be pretty silly?  

Patrick

On 6/29/2018 at 12:25 PM, Parabellum said:

Commando Diamond Toys action.  I pick up carded 3 3/4 whenever I see them.  One of my favorite movies as a kid.

7731399D-D9A1-4738-9289-21BA283EBCA0.jpeg

E5EA30CB-D28F-4027-893D-C3C2CEB7105B.jpeg

621F736B-ED93-45E1-8C65-B2A1101D9D19.jpeg

77174A37-8B43-425C-B94E-DE91BD30DF1F.jpeg

609C016B-ACAA-4319-B06A-635C7BE020E7.jpeg

I have the Hot Toys version of Matrix on my list to get. That movie is awesome.

4 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Couple fun questions.  Try to limit it to one toy per question to make the questions a little tougher.  

A.  What was your all-time favorite toy that you received at Christmas/Birthday? 

B.  What toy did you yearn for but never received (at least never received in your youth)? 

C.  What toy did you thoroughly enjoy in your youth, but you now find it to be pretty silly?  

Patrick

1. I don't know if I have an all-time favorite toy that was also received at Christmas or my Birthday. Many of my toys were purchased myself, with parents money back then, as they really didn't know what I wanted and would sometimes get the wrong toy. I remember getting NES Punch Out for Christmas as a surprise, opening it up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve for a quick play and then resealing the wrapping. A favorite was also probably the Lion Voltron which I still own. I think I got the Terrordrome for Christmas but I don't have that anymore. I liked that one. There were some old larger figures that I liked but don't own anymore either. I think a Mego Spider-Man which had a motorized web coming out of his hand. I saw a review that said people didn't like it because it wasn't poseable but I thought he was cool. Around the same time were figures of Batman and Robin with magnets on their feet. And an Indiana Jones figure. These were all about the same size. Larger than Hot Toys I think.

2. Not a toy but probably a lightsaber. I didn't like those toy versions with the plastic sabers. I wanted something that looked like what was on screen even back then.

3. Strangely I don't find any of my old toys to be silly. I still have some old stuffed animals. Of course there were some toys I sold. I had to think about what I owned as well and if I wanted to get it back. But if I thoroughly enjoyed a toy, chances are I still have it or want to find it again. I just found some old watergun designs that I want to get.

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

A) I really wanted Snake Eyes Version II with the wolf and my mom would search high and low for him finally finding him for me.  Still have him. 

B) The Millennium Falcon - This was finally rectified years later when they reissued it as part of the POTF2 line and then much later on I secured myself the BMF Falcon.  I still have that BMF Falcon from 2008.  It sits upright in my closet but will eventually be put on display in the office if I finish my office off this summer.  http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcBMF.asp

C) I strictly had GI Joe, Transformers and Star Wars.   They were all pretty fun.

I'll throw in my answers:

Hard between G1 Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme.  

But picking between the two, it had to be Omega Supreme.  Gigantic box, walked on his own, cool design, and rolled around on a track!  

Even cooler on the cartoon.  Could pretty much stomp anyone.  

Again, hard between the USS Flagg and Jetfire.  

In this case, I'd have to vote for Jetfire.  The Flagg was simply unattainable as I had a million siblings and my family didn't make a whole lot of money.  

But a neighbor had Jetfire and I was over the moon jealous for that piece.  

A million accessories, killer colors, and a fantastic design.  

It's the Joe X-30 Conquest. 

I still like this piece, but it's pretty weak compared to my childhood memories. 

Thought it was so great as a kid with that P-51-esque shark sticker on the front.  And a great addition to use on the Flagg (not that I would know from past experience!).  

It's similar to MOTU cartoons.  LOVED it as a kid, still would watch it, but it's pretty damn silly now.  

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

On 6/29/2018 at 1:25 PM, Parabellum said:

Commando Diamond Toys action.  I pick up carded 3 3/4 whenever I see them.  One of my favorite movies as a kid.

7731399D-D9A1-4738-9289-21BA283EBCA0.jpeg

E5EA30CB-D28F-4027-893D-C3C2CEB7105B.jpeg

621F736B-ED93-45E1-8C65-B2A1101D9D19.jpeg

77174A37-8B43-425C-B94E-DE91BD30DF1F.jpeg

609C016B-ACAA-4319-B06A-635C7BE020E7.jpeg

Oh man, I LOVE this! I am a huge Arnold fan, and would love to pick up a set of these, but I never see them at local shows or shops, and I don't want to go the eBay route on them. Such a nice set, congrats!

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

What's the story on the bike in your pic? 

Is that 6 Water Moccasins with boxes? 

Patrick

Patrick I have a BMX collection sorta, that is a 86 Performer. One side of the room hopefully will be 80's bmx and skateboards.

I think it is 5 Water Moccasins with boxes, one is sealed.

IMG_1330.JPG

2 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

The first one is from '92 & second from '95

IMG_20180702_131630.jpg

Sweet! I think this is actually one I had as a kid :) spring claws! Along with Sabretooth for battles! And of course a wearable wolverine claw that was plastic for kids that also retracted etc (thumbsu 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

A.  Tough one, but probably the one I most remember was the MOTU Eternia playset. That thing was pretty massive and I loved the monorail.

B. Wheeljack. Was my favorite character on the cartoon, was never able to get the toy.

C. I can't think of anything at the moment. I'm sure someone will mention something later on and I'll think "Oh, yeah, that's right."

37 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

The first one is from '92 & second from '95

IMG_20180702_131630.jpg

IMG_20180702_130159.jpg

IMG_20180702_131725.jpg

IMG_20180702_130322.jpg

Yeah, I was already in high school when these came out, but I still had to have that Wolvie with the spring-loaded claws and twisting waist. It was a big deal at the time!

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sweet! I think this is actually one I had as a kid :) spring claws! Along with Sabretooth for battles! And of course a wearable wolverine claw that was plastic for kids that also retracted etc (thumbsu 

I take it you grew up in the early nineties. You must be relatively young?

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

I take it you grew up in the early nineties. You must be relatively young?

born in 81.... was probably too old to play with action figures (maybe lol ) but I rarely got them! 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:27 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

a. Easy. Zippy the Chimp.  Dec 25, 1971 and a present day pic. If I ever get married(odds not good LOL)  Zip is in the wedding.:bigsmile:   

b. My childhood wasn't perfect by any stretch but it was really, really good and I never think about what I didn't get, I was blessed with everything I did get.:cloud9: 

c. None. Enjoyed them all then / now  :cloud9:

KIMG0738.JPG

KIMG0116.JPG

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Bad picture of some pick-ups from Knoxville Fan Expo this weekend. After waiting in line for Ron Perlman and Selma Blair for 3 hours +, I was beat (the place was sweltering) so I didn't even LOOK at comics. But a couple of toys caught my eye. This Rattler just needs a couple of missiles, the bullet-damage side panel, and the canopy for the turret gun. The plastic is still a nice dark blue. True, the canopy is a tough piece to track down on its own, but for $20 I still thought this was a solid buy.

Also picked up a cheap, yellow-y but otherwise complete Stormshadow, gonna give him the peroxide treatment and see how he looks. 

Also, Selma Blair and I are dating now, and we're very happy, thank you. (Better to not mention that to my wife, who is standing just outside of this picture...)

Photo Jul 01, 5 52 02 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 30, 5 42 44 PM.jpg

Make sure you keep an eye out for rocks from nowhere!

1de9848b5dbebab1408ce6b4a253dd2c--hellboy-movie-hellboy-comics.jpg

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Bad picture of some pick-ups from Knoxville Fan Expo this weekend. After waiting in line for Ron Perlman and Selma Blair for 3 hours +, I was beat (the place was sweltering) so I didn't even LOOK at comics. But a couple of toys caught my eye. This Rattler just needs a couple of missiles, the bullet-damage side panel, and the canopy for the turret gun. The plastic is still a nice dark blue. True, the canopy is a tough piece to track down on its own, but for $20 I still thought this was a solid buy.

Also picked up a cheap, yellow-y but otherwise complete Stormshadow, gonna give him the peroxide treatment and see how he looks. 

Also, Selma Blair and I are dating now, and we're very happy, thank you. (Better to not mention that to my wife, who is standing just outside of this picture...)

Photo Jul 01, 5 52 02 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 30, 5 42 44 PM.jpg

I've never gone done the peroxide route, but will be VERY interested to see how it turns out.  Good luck!

Patrick

12 hours ago, PKJ said:

Patrick I have a BMX collection sorta, that is a 86 Performer. One side of the room hopefully will be 80's bmx and skateboards.

I think it is 5 Water Moccasins with boxes, one is sealed.

IMG_1330.JPG

Awesome!  I've picked an 80s Skateboard or two over the years. 

I'll have to take a pic of the most recent.  The uglier the colors, the better for me.  

Patrick