• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Or, you get so fixated on proving your point you belittle someone that shares facts. Again, remember how offended you were that anyone noted Spider-Man: Homecoming may end up less profitable than Wonder Woman?

You were so fixated on wanting to hate Wonder Woman because it had so much attention (like it would detract from Spider-Man later on), you ignored facts. Welcome to facts - now. :foryou:

You will have to do one of those comparison charts with Aquaman and Civil War when the former becomes available.  :whistle: ;)

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

You will have to do one of those comparison charts with Aquaman and Civil War when the former becomes available.  :whistle: ;)

-J.

Not that it will take any money out of anyone's pockets here (these are done to have a discussion), but sure. We can. Because Aquaman ended up a massive win and financial hit for the comic book hobby.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Not that it will take any money out of anyone's pockets here (these are done to have a discussion), but sure. We can. Because Aquaman ended up a massive win and financial hit for the comic book hobby.

Agreed.

-J.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

Not from me. I'm just pointing out he's done this dance previously. And was drastically off on his assumptions.

I've just been looking for an excuse to post that image more than anything...

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

Not from me. I'm just pointing out he's done this dance previously. And was drastically off on his assumptions.

Wait what?

No assumptions at all. A factually accurate statement. Homecoming grossed more than Wonder Woman worldwide. You only like parsing things down further to the benefit of movies that you personally like.  And when I do the same thing to movies you like you always want to talk about wonder woman vs homecoming again for some reason lol.

-J.

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Wait what?

No assumptions at all. A factually accurate statement. Homecoming grossed more than Wonder Woman worldwide. You only like parsing things down further to the benefit of movies that you personally like.  And when I do the same thing to movies you like you always want to talk about wonder woman vs homecoming again for some reason lol.

-J.

'Factual accurate statement' that unfortunately turned out to be drastically wrong. And you are doing it again.

17 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

People like, HuddyBee & ianh.

Why do they post in the Captain Marvel Movie thread? hm

They're not going to see the movie...why do they care? hm

Do they even collect CGC graded comicshm  

Honestly they are not the only two. There is a bunch. 

They don't realize how out of tune and old they sound. 

The next movie that doesn't fit their narrative that comes out we can expect them to be defiant again and hear them saying stuff like they will stay home again.

Next time though I will point them out quick as the same group from  the Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Into The Spider Verse threads.

It must kill them though that the three movies that didn't fit their worldview went on to win Oscars and make billions.

Apparently they misjudged how the rest of the world disagrees with their close minded view.

Image result for spiderman into the spider verse      image.jpeg.f7fd057cf77b460004828a23cd0fa9d6.jpeg

Image result for captain marvel

I think that the CM trailer looks good. The fight with the old woman skrull on the train is great and I want to see that. I am not as excited about the outerspace parts myself but you cannot have it all. I love that Monica Rambeau is in it, even as an Easter egg perhaps, and look forward to the Jude Law character kickin' names and takin' azz! My wife told me that he was asked at a press junket if he was portraying Captain Marvel and replied that no, Brie Larson is Captain Marvel. But call it what you will, I hope all 3 are Captain Marvel! (I have a soft spot for Photon, even if she was an Avenger during the lame Dr. Druid led team!)

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

I am not as excited about the outerspace parts myself but you cannot have it all.

The Kree and the Skrulls are from different solar systems.  How can you have a war between species from different parts of the galaxy without space scenes?  ???

Just now, fantastic_four said:

The Kree and the Skrulls are from different solar systems.  How can you have a war between species from different parts of the galaxy without space scenes?  ???

Well, both races seem to be on Earth. I didn;t say anything about the Kree-Skrull War though. Captain Marvel comes home on the Kree mission, realizes she is from Earth, and fights to defend her old/new home from alien invasion. Her flying around in space doesn't matter to me, it is superfluous I think. But like I said, I am going to give it a chance as I like the looks of what I have seen so far by and large.

39 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The next movie that doesn't fit their narrative that comes out we can expect them to be defiant again and hear them saying stuff like they will stay home again.

Next time though I will point them out quick as the same group from  the Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Into The Spider Verse threads.

It must kill them though that the three movies that didn't fit their worldview went on to win Oscars and make billions.

Apparently they misjudged how the rest of the world disagrees with their close minded view.

Image result for spiderman into the spider verse      image.jpeg.f7fd057cf77b460004828a23cd0fa9d6.jpeg

Image result for captain marvel

A brunch of isolated young men venting their frustrations online. :whistle:

Glorious! 

CM-UK+Premiere+.jpg

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

47 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I like outing myself!  I can also accept that a movie which is in many ways awful to me may be very popular among the bleating masses...doesn't make it any better to me just shows what followers people can be.  I find it really funny that so many people apparently found BP to be this great film when the few reviewers I actually agree with regularly thought it was just meh or ok.  More hype about what it was than how it was.  The world hasn't agreed with me for a long time and I stopped waiting for it to come around long ago!  I never had a problem with ITSV, though.  

Annnd I like sounding old!  I want to sound ANCIENT! :preach:

Also, I find it more likely lonely boyz will actually go to see this in hopes it will endear them to the grrrlz who go as well lol

Edited by Mystafo

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

I actually don't think they are young but middle age men like 45-plus:whatthe:

Exactly. I'm guessing middle-aged men who will never get behind any of these movies featuring characters they never collected back in the 70s or 80s.

I just hope Captain Marvel is better than Green Lantern -- so far, they're looking really similar to me, and that's not a good thing.