• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUPERMAN 1

19 posts in this topic

The book has been restored with color touches, pieces added and the cover has been married to the book. I have an opportunity to buy this book next week but I would really appreciate help on the grade for this book.

Thanks

2eyjk80.jpg

2ii8i1l.jpg

neaudv.jpg

2dj1bmc.jpg

2074176.jpg

I have never bought a book of this magnitude so any advice would help especially what the fair market value for the book should be.

Please do more research on this book, my understanding is there are reprints that are almost identical to the original. I personally do not know how to distinguish but suggest you post on the gold forum for some opinions. With a book like this you should be 110% sure.

Good luck.

Please do more research on this book, my understanding is there are reprints that are almost identical to the original. I personally do not know how to distinguish but suggest you post on the gold forum for some opinions. With a book like this you should be 110% sure.

Good luck.

Agreed. If you aren't buying a graded copy, you may wish to contact someone on the board like Gator who has a deep knowledge of these types of books to make sure you are getting what you are paying for and not a doctored up reprint.

Good luck.

+1

Hard to tell from the scans. Ext. sounds safe, but unless you can show the inside of the covers it's hard to tell what was done exactly.

Likely a FN/FN+ with the possibility of the GA "bump" putting it into the F/VF range.

I'd expect to spend about $40,000-$45,000 on that copy.

Have you had a chance to see the book in the flesh, and are you close to a third party with vast experience in GA and an eye for restoration?

Just a thought. That's a lot of cake on the line......