• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
20 20

4,534 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2024 at 11:45 AM, littledoom said:

Some books I was lucky to find in the wild this weekend for $1 each

IMG_0643.thumb.jpeg.66dc30a49640c291248086c38fd94c32.jpeg

Once upon a time I had like 25 copies of the Comico Attractions Rocketeer.Sadly let them go in my second purge :facepalm:

On 7/22/2024 at 6:00 PM, Toz said:

Once upon a time I had like 25 copies of the Comico Attractions Rocketeer.Sadly let them go in my second purge :facepalm:

Sorry to hear, on the bright side I'm sure they went to good homes!

On 7/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, littledoom said:

Sorry to hear, on the bright side I'm sure they went to good homes!

Thanks.I hope so.That was about 20 years ago.Since replaced it along with many more books I had.Plus many,many,many more :p 

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, littledoom said:

What comic is this?

Lets see if anyone else can identify it. If I use the back cover it gives it away. Ive only seen this 1 copy in person.
I think there are a couple online for sale. Its just not a book that pops up very often.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 7/22/2024 at 9:57 PM, fastballspecial said:

Lets see if anyone else can identify it. If I use the back cover it gives it away. Ive only seen this 1 copy in person.
I think there are a couple online for sale. Its just not a book that pops up very often.

I didn't know this book, but was able to quikcly find out via Google search. When I first saw John Cleary's work, I thought he was going to be a more popular comic artist than he ended up being. His style was a lot like McFarlane's, but a little more cartoony. I think the Topps series Satan's Seven was where I first saw his work.

On 7/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, Qalyar said:

It's the flipbook from Pressman's 1995 Spawn board game. The other side is the game's instruction manual. I don't think these are all that hard to find if you really want one. Now, finding one in high grade? That's a different story; the game box packaging isn't always kind to this book. There's one 9.6U and one 9.8SS on the census.

As an aside, as a non-SS collector, it makes me very sad when the unique highest grade copy of a book as been signed. Although in this case, there are likely more 9.8 candidates out there; this is overlooked more often than not. But... still.

I think that about signed 30 and 35 cent variants...don't do it

On 7/23/2024 at 10:10 AM, Qalyar said:

It's the flipbook from Pressman's 1995 Spawn board game. The other side is the game's instruction manual. I don't think these are all that hard to find if you really want one. Now, finding one in high grade? That's a different story; the game box packaging isn't always kind to this book. There's one 9.6U and one 9.8SS on the census.

As an aside, as a non-SS collector, it makes me very sad when the unique highest grade copy of a book as been signed. Although in this case, there are likely more 9.8 candidates out there; this is overlooked more often than not. But... still.

You can find a copy if you want too. There are a few on Ebay. In this case I bought it because it was high grade. Its the first copy I have seen in hand you don't see them in Spawn boxes much, but you can buy a few copies on ebay.

On 8/6/2024 at 3:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay what do I have here? I think its a Polish foreign variant. 
Any Help?

tombpolish.thumb.jpg.3ccf4d1a26d721ec32bd222f59a8f894.jpg

Could be Polish. Standard #9 cover though.

On 8/6/2024 at 6:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay what do I have here? I think its a Polish foreign variant. 
Any Help?

tombpolish.thumb.jpg.3ccf4d1a26d721ec32bd222f59a8f894.jpg

Definitely Polish. The banner above the title reads “Lara Croft will star as…” and it’s priced in zloty.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:54 AM, Jose2099 said:

IMG_5351.thumb.jpeg.aba4408cf3754457f429aae81b6247d2.jpeg

Got this headed my way. Been looking for a 9.8 for awhile. Looks like someone was holding onto this and finally submitted it to CGC after the JSA authentication acquisition.

Great book but I'll never understand why people write on the rare ones.

One of the books that kicked off the Canadian Silver Age of comics - Orb 2 predates Captain Canuck 1 by about a year, and introduces Northern Light, the first patriotic Canadian superhero since the Golden Age "Canadian Whites" books. Most issues of Orb can be found pretty easily, but this one almost never seems to pop up. Great cover too.

IMG_2395.thumb.JPG.d4b6df93a89c4f0e811c90cc92b7b04c.JPG

On 8/10/2024 at 9:05 AM, PeterPark said:

Yeah I get your point. I personally like autographs so it wasn't a turn off but I know the more old school collectors don't want anything on the cover.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:05 AM, PeterPark said:

Still really want to get a 1st print TMNT #1 signed by Robert Matthew Van Winkle " Vanilla Ice"