• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Looking to find out if there is an unsigned version of this. Cannot locate it in any online database. Vampirella #12 Jay Company variant (Harris Aug 2002) COA says there's 500 of them. 

VampirellaVol312DPart2.jpg

Update: Found it at comicbookrealm under the wrong title. 

Edited by Juno Beach
update

On 10/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, fastballspecial said:

Found this one other day. At first thought it was sun fade, but
inside its missing the dark blue color so looks like the printer 
ran out ink when they printed it.

grstrange.thumb.jpg.c587f9e7a1bb4ded99e97b2b10440c14.jpg

happy accident...! Creepy Cool.

On 10/1/2023 at 2:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

happy accident...! Creepy Cool.

The Magenta and Yellow plates are missing from the CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) printing process in that cover. It's a book that should have been tossed in the trash as part of the spoilage, which are test copies printed at the start of the run to get the colors correct. Some of these slip through every now and again, but they are very rare and can be very valuable.

On 10/5/2023 at 9:05 AM, Michael Browning said:

The Magenta and Yellow plates are missing from the CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) printing process in that cover. It's a book that should have been tossed in the trash as part of the spoilage, which are test copies printed at the start of the run to get the colors correct. Some of these slip through every now and again, but they are very rare and can be very valuable.

I don't think so; I think that's sun fade. You can see a hint of yellow if you compare Ghost Rider's head to the front wheel (or, in the corner box, compare the flames on the head to the skull).

On 10/5/2023 at 10:00 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't think so; I think that's sun fade. You can see a hint of yellow if you compare Ghost Rider's head to the front wheel (or, in the corner box, compare the flames on the head to the skull).

I looked at it very closely and the blue and black are both very vibrant and don't appear to be sun faded, which is why I believe it's a spoilage copy. It may be a case of the printing press not having the right amount of the Y color which would leave a hint of yellow, but the red is definitely not there at all. I think the yellow is just from the paper, though.

On 10/5/2023 at 4:44 PM, Michael Browning said:

I looked at it very closely and the blue and black are both very vibrant and don't appear to be sun faded, which is why I believe it's a spoilage copy. It may be a case of the printing press not having the right amount of the Y color which would leave a hint of yellow, but the red is definitely not there at all. I think the yellow is just from the paper, though.

Magenta and yellow tend to be more susceptible to fading than cyan and black.

On 10/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Its not at least I think its not.  I thought it was too, but the interior pages are missing the color as well on several pages. If not convinced I can post you some interior pics.

All also grab another copy somewhere so I can compare interiors. 

I am not 100% convinced yet, but both arguments make sense here. Let me dig for awhile 
and see what I can find. 

Edited by fastballspecial