• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Fished this out of a 25 cent bin today.  @RockMyAmadeus

20210714_205544.jpg

20210714_202549.jpg

Wow was it in a bag and board? It works out well when you can open easy for the indica lol

I could have sworn there was a tell on the cover..... 

Nice find? Smart for checking!

20 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

No it was just sitting raw in a box. Lol.  My jaw dropped when I saw it was the 2nd print!

Awesome. Sometimes that's the benefit of bin diving,  got to take advantage, nice job.

I've seen a few I've had to check, but no luck yet, congrats though 

I could have sworn @onlyweaknesskryptonite found one just the other day too lol

When it rains it pours!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow was it in a bag and board? It works out well when you can open easy for the indica lol

I could have sworn there was a tell on the cover..... 

Nice find? Smart for checking!

"The Adventure Begins" is the tell, on the 1st it's "Free Poster Inside" there.

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome. Sometimes that's the benefit of bin diving,  got to take advantage, nice job.

I've seen a few I've had to check, but no luck yet, congrats though 

I could have sworn @onlyweaknesskryptonite found one just the other day too lol

When it rains it pours!

Actually still have to post this weeks. Over the last month I have found 4 copies 2 from the same guy that look like they have a chance at 9.8 the other two were from two different places. Those are lower but still all have averaged about $5 each. Here was this weeks. 20210714_215359.thumb.jpg.68dc45aa00d4eb4b46088cfbb0760620.jpg

Also congratulations @Wolverinex ! 

On 7/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, divad said:

Nice, but this should be in the "Adventures in the dollar box" thread. :bigsmile:

I actually found these Pacific Comics Groo at the last yard sale I was at but it was an incomplete run.. so I left them behind. complete sets sell well online. I wouldn’t have known to look for them if not this this post

On 8/15/2021 at 6:02 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t ever see the Superman 73 2nd print. I found mine in a random collection I purchased in March. Joey is giving it some love at the moment. :wishluck: for a 9.8

Good luck! 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Tnexus said:

Batman/Superman 4 got a blue label? That's weird.

Yes and they didn't note that it had the numbers on the back. This one being a printer's proof # PP 12/50. I would like it to have the notation, but really like this in the blue label.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yes and they didn't note that it had the numbers on the back. This one being a printer's proof # PP 12/50. I would like it to have the notation, but really like this in the blue label.

Sorry for the dumb question, but why wouldn't it get a blue? Because of the hand numbering on the back?

On 8/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but why wouldn't it get a blue? Because of the hand numbering on the back?

Yeah, it would probably get a green label unless you made a note asking them to treat the writing as a defect and grade accordingly. 

On 8/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not a dumb question.  Yes that is why most of the census is green label.  There are several books like this that were only produced this way and CGC almost always puts them with green labels . Superman Wedding RRP would be another example the 250 of those were all signed and numbered when they were produced.  20190819_233241.thumb.jpg.99d487a8b68f072dae047c508b687ca4.jpg20190819_233255.thumb.jpg.92eaa8dbccbe6c4b628b2d4c3592a417.jpg

however just like the above book there are times where one just gets the blue label...