• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Another book you don't see much off and I am not sure why because its shouldn't be hugely hard to find. Its the non enhanced cover.

Dy8h5Jyl.jpg

Was that a Direct version? I think I'd stopped SS a little after ish 75 so I'm not familiar with 100's different versions.

Another book you don't see much off and I am not sure why because its shouldn't be hugely hard to find. Its the non enhanced cover.

Dy8h5Jyl.jpg

Agreed. Verrrrrrry tough.

Dy8h5Jyl.jpg

Was that a Direct version? I think I'd stopped SS a little after ish 75 so I'm not familiar with 100's different versions.

Yes its a direct, but non-enhanced. There are a few more. Thor 25, and FF book, and Wolverine 100 comes to mind. I think the Hulk 425 had one too.

The really tough ones are the non-enhanced newsstand copies.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Anyone mention Daredevil #380 yet? I can't find that damn thing in the wild anywhere.

I'm a fan of this book, and for the most part it's pretty tough for me to find... I currently have 3, first one I got was at a little show here a few years back for $5, second one I ordered from a seller on CCL (can't recall, but I paid either $7 or $8 for it, I want to say), and found another just a few weeks ago at a pawn shop in Augusta for a buck.

Just now found a couple copies of the 2005 Haunted Mansion #1 out of a few 25 cent boxes at a LCS... they're not going for too terribly much, but these are the first ones I've ever seen, even though they're a little beat up (FN-ish). The owner pulled a NM out of it and has it for $5 as a wall book right now. May go back and get that one, too.

Also, something I always try to keep an eye out for to no avail is Punisher Armory #10. Even #9, honestly.

Edited by BishopT

For $750 you should at least put up some decent photos, or better yet some scans. :makepoint:

Flip phone?

Better pix up

For $750 you should at least put up some decent photos, or better yet some scans. :makepoint:

Flip phone?

Better pix up

Was just joshin' :foryou:

Be sure to check for Valiant newsstands as well in those copies. Very difficult to find in any grade and high grade is a nightmare, but very sellable.

What distinguishes a Valiant Newsstand? hm

Be sure to check for Valiant newsstands as well in those copies. Very difficult to find in any grade and high grade is a nightmare, but very sellable.

The barcode will read "newsstand sales" instead of "direct sales"

?

?

Still waiting on a pic of that book you found. :gossip:

I heard was supposed to be a red cover and you found a black one? hm

A major spider villain does that narrow it down?

Edited by Fastballspecial

?

Thanks - Most of mine don't have barcodes at all . . . hm