• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Found another Showcase '96 #3; my guess it was not a popular title so not many shops have it. But if they did get it, they probably have it lying around somewhere.

I know this falls outside the original parameters b/c it's kind of a key, but Hulk #449 makes me the maddest. Always digging through the 400's and I know it's not going to be there but have to check.

That book drives me crazy, too. Never found one.

Well speak of the devil.

Found today at an LCS having a 50% off sale.

IMG_1517_zpsp3fbsf1e.jpg

Manufactured them and even got (at least) a couple slabbed with no problems from both major grading companies. This is not good

So how do you tell if a comic with double or triple covers was manufactured or not? I'm asking because I bought a double cover a few years back on eBay.

Found another Showcase '96 #3; my guess it was not a popular title so not many shops have it. But if they did get it, they probably have it lying around somewhere.

I know this falls outside the original parameters b/c it's kind of a key, but Hulk #449 makes me the maddest. Always digging through the 400's and I know it's not going to be there but have to check.

That book drives me crazy, too. Never found one.

Well speak of the devil.

Found today at an LCS having a 50% off sale.

IMG_1517_zpsp3fbsf1e.jpg

HAUL!!! :applause:

Though it does contain a hard-to-find book, I'll spoiler my other grab pics.

IMG_1503_zpscnxcwe3p.jpg

IMG_1504_zpsqo38frl6.jpg

Those Vampire Tales are impossible to find clean in the wild!

#8 is very nice; #2 would be great except for the chunk missing at the bottom right (you can see in the pic).

I've been having trouble finding Marvel Premiere #47 in normal store inventory (I guess it may not count because it's definitely a key issue, a bronze one at that, and isn't too terribly hard to find as a marked up wall book), but I did find a copy in regular back issue stock of a store in Augusta earlier this week. It appeared to be FN-, but also has some minor ink pen scribbling on the upper right corner. I was just glad to find it for significantly lower than I've seen it in the last couple of years.

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I can't find hardly any TMNT from the Image run... only have been able to find two copies of #11, both in dollar boxes at different 2nC stores, and #21 and #22 at a LCS that was closing shop and let them go for $2 each. In the last few years, those have literally been the only ones I've seen at a show or a shop. Can't even find them marked to eBay prices.