• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Manufactured them and even got (at least) a couple slabbed with no problems from both major grading companies. This is not good

So how do you tell if a comic with double or triple covers was manufactured or not? I'm asking because I bought a double cover a few years back on eBay.

They've been checking to see if the staples had been tampered with

Manufactured them and even got (at least) a couple slabbed with no problems from both major grading companies. This is not good

So how do you tell if a comic with double or triple covers was manufactured or not? I'm asking because I bought a double cover a few years back on eBay.

They've been checking to see if the staples had been tampered with

If it was manufactured before the 90s then the odds are good its a double cover. After the 90s I never find them production just got better. I am not saying there aren't any because my LCS over the years has had a few.

Ive found like 2 or 3 in the wild over years of looking. All of them were before the 90s.

I've seen triple covers, but only 2 copies one from the 60s and one from the 70s.

There are even 4, 5 and 6 cover errors. Years ago on ebay I saw a Strange Tales with with 4 and a Western from the 50s with 6 covers I never forgot that one. A boardie on here sold it years ago I forgot how much he got for it.

Here is one I have been looking for years to find that I found today.

Another white whale marked off the list.

jKIwYyPl.jpg

Love that book!

The package they originally came in tend to bend the spine by the top staple. My nephews have several of the spiderman 2099 toys now due to my need for a 9.8 candidate.

There's still the incentive to fake older double covers too though. Should always be careful when paying a premium for something like that.

I remember getting a couple double covers off the stands as a kid. I'd tear the extra cover off because it was a defect :facepalm:

Here is one I have been looking for years to find that I found today.

Another white whale marked off the list.

jKIwYyPl.jpg

Love that book!

The package they originally came in tend to bend the spine by the top staple. My nephews have several of the spiderman 2099 toys now due to my need for a 9.8 candidate.

Yeah mine wasn't high grade, but I was just happy to have found one I have been looking for years. For several years I just thought it was a factor defect that didn't get the foil applied lol.

Never found a IV, either.

Had some weird luck this week and found a huge chunk of Valiant last issues and a big stack of the Retailer Review copies of all the '97 Acclaim stuff. Nothing Earth shattering but stuff I never find.