• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Just found a Sandman 75 (2nd print in the wild)

Never would have thought I'd get lucky.

Wow, that's a nice find, never knew this existed until now. I'll have to keep an (unrealistically optimistic) eye out for this. Looked it up on recalled comics and it has it rated at a 3 out of 5 in scarcity, and the only listing on eBay I could find has it listed at $2,000!

Just because they're asking that price, doesn't mean it's worth the price.

Supposedly one sold in March raw for 2k which is why the 1999 asking price on eBay. I have heard about them being around for years but never saw a true pic of one until last year

Not a chance.

Here ya go. Not worth much, but kinda cool to find.

wild2.jpg

That's neat, looks like another book was laying across that one while the silver was being applied.

wild2.jpg

Oooo, that is a nice find.

It would be a shame putting that in the new CGC slab, the rest of the book would look normal covered in Newton rings lol

The Silver Surfer 100 Variant I have looked hard for a long time with no success. Id like to know more about it as my memory is fading in my old age lol.

I found this one last year - at closing time in a $1 bin at Phx Comicon. :cloud9:

20160604_070719-1_zpsnub1vljz.jpg

I believe this was a reprint given to retailers to drum up SS sales?

ive never heard of the second print sandman before. anyone have a pic? same cover? how can you tell without seeing the indica?

Wasn't it already posted in this thread? I know somebody posted a pic of one recently somewhere on the boards.

Anyway, it says "2nd Printing" rather than "Direct Sales" in the UPC box.

wild2.jpg

Oooo, that is a nice find.

It would be a shame putting that in the new CGC slab, the rest of the book would look normal covered in Newton rings lol

:applause:

Most clever post today!

Funny you mention Pressman's. At lunch I found an X-Men #11 for $2. I pulled it out because I've always liked that Jim Lee cover but I couldn't remember if the silver background was a 2nd print or Pressman. I couldn't find anything in the indica, but then I flipped it over and saw the Pressman ad.

If I am to believe eBay, then Night Nurse was a rare title that had a low print run and is hard to find :whatev:

I've never seen a copy of #1 at a shop but have seen the other issues and they're not cheap

Spent a couple hours already in a store and GF was already pushing me to go. I said let me check one more box and pulled this out:

MalibuSun13.jpg

Never thought I would find one in the wild especially at this particular store. Found earlier issue in the dollar bin when I first got there but figured I would find #13 because everything else was competitively priced. Was pretty beat up in the dollar box and the owner ended up giving this and the other two dollar books for free since I spend so much on other back issues.

Question is... Does it have a green spawn in the back cover?

14a76081-fc4c-4d91-8d70-f8478e309b51.jpg

Super Real vs. The Movie Industry 1

1st Dan Mendoza work (Zombie Tramp)

Never seen this before in wild or internet.

I have this issue with the logo and price but this is some kind of "vigin" cover.

Anybody have any further information on this book or where/how I can get one?

I just picked one up on ebay... looks like one also sold last month.

Its noted in the description:

"This cover was not widely distributed, and was a print on demand exclusive from the creator limited to about two dozen total copies - so it is extremely rare."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322152285380

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322095878632

No, not the Action Lab ones. The Vol.1 1st print was through ComicExpress and I believe the 2nd prints were through SR Distro. I think the Action Lab copies are either Vol. 3 or Vol. 4.

Pretty solid price for Vol.1 of the first three issues of Zombie Tramp. The book is pretty rare and near impossible to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Tramp-True-First-1st-Issue-First-Run-Dan-Mendoza-Comixpress-/201601116396?hash=item2ef05ce8ec%3Ag%3AxnIAAOSwuhhXWkU5&nma=true&si=2g7Fwg3gL%252FrxE8OZH8dNlhxXXUM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

No, not the Action Lab ones. The Vol.1 1st print was through ComicExpress and I believe the 2nd prints were through SR Distro. I think the Action Lab copies are either Vol. 3 or Vol. 4.

Pretty solid price for Vol.1 of the first three issues of Zombie Tramp. The book is pretty rare and near impossible to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Tramp-True-First-1st-Issue-First-Run-Dan-Mendoza-Comixpress-/201601116396?hash=item2ef05ce8ec%3Ag%3AxnIAAOSwuhhXWkU5&nma=true&si=2g7Fwg3gL%252FrxE8OZH8dNlhxXXUM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

:o

I know its rare, but man someone loves that book.