• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Speaking of Pressmans, I'm just waiting for my X-Men 11 to arrive.

X-Men%20Pressman.jpg

I completed this set in a weird way. I bought XMN 11, UXM 304 & 307 for above SRP on ebay.

For the most expensive among the bunch, and quite possibly the rarest X-Men comic (as per www.recalledcomics.com), I got it in the bins for $2.

I picked up a 3rd print G.I. Joe #21 in a collection today. I've gotten 2nd prints before but never a 3rd print
I thought the 2nd print was the one no one has ever found. Do you have a pic of it?

I picked up a 3rd print G.I. Joe #21 in a collection today. I've gotten 2nd prints before but never a 3rd print
I thought the 2nd print was the one no one has ever found. Do you have a pic of it?

I'll take one today. there was a first print in the collection as well. maybe i did have a 3rd print before (sorry can't remember)

Found another Showcase '96 #3; my guess it was not a popular title so not many shops have it. But if they did get it, they probably have it lying around somewhere.

I know this falls outside the original parameters b/c it's kind of a key, but Hulk #449 makes me the maddest. Always digging through the 400's and I know it's not going to be there but have to check.

Found another Showcase '96 #3; my guess it was not a popular title so not many shops have it. But if they did get it, they probably have it lying around somewhere.

I found a couple in a bin the other day.

I know this falls outside the original parameters b/c it's kind of a key, but Hulk #449 makes me the maddest. Always digging through the 400's and I know it's not going to be there but have to check.

That book drives me crazy, too. Never found one.

In the last few years, I've found 3 copies, and bought all of them. I found one mid grade in a 50 cent box first, then found a NM at Heroes in Charlotte for $7 before the book blew up last year, and finally found a newsstand with a missing staple in a dollar box just a couple of months ago. Other than that, yes, I'm always looking for it and it's never bunched in with the other issues in that period... either in dollar boxes beat up, or marked up as a wall book.

I'll take one today. there was a first print in the collection as well. maybe i did have a 3rd print before (sorry can't remember)

Weird, I have a Transformers #1 (Marvel 1984) 3rd Print which I was told shouldn't exist.

Question about the Showcase 96 #3. I looked at one of the copies I grabbed the other day. On the side of the pages it says Showcase 95. On the Showcase book the indicta reads Showcase 96 but on the side of each page it is printed Showcase 95. Was that normal? Just a printing error?

Saw copies of Showcase 96 at the Denver Con today for a decent price. Sellers are on this stuff quickly compared to the past.

Bought a Sandman #8 for much less than the Showcase 96 copies. Doesn't seem right.

Patrick

I think that's an accurate statement.

Only positive is that dealers can be just like the general populace: When something cools off, the prices can be quite agreeable. Bought a few this weekend that were recently hot but surpassed by the books of the week. That's how I ended getting my Nyx #3s for dirt cheap.

Patrick

It will catch up to most eventually. They just busted a guy for selling double/triple covers in the General thread.

That thread is classic. :grin:

I just wish there more of them so we can get rid of some these scum bags.

What? Did he manufacture them?