• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,434 posts in this topic

I thought you might appreciate the Heath / Everett / Maneely trio of Atlas covers :thumbsup:

Frankly, all of it looked interesting, with that Navy Action by Everett probably my favorite. I like the Tarzan with the leopard cover and the Walt Kelly Easter issue is too cute for words.

Hey, AJD :applause: on the new ECs. I would comment more but no longer have any time these days :( ...

I received a great batch of Lone Rangers this week. I'll post some (hopefully not too many repeats from earlier in the thread) -

LoneRanger51.jpg

LoneRanger53.jpg

LoneRanger54.jpg

LoneRanger55.jpg

LoneRanger56.jpg

Cue the William Tell Overture at Scrooge's place! Great Lone Rangers there.

Here's another Kurtzman war cover to enjoy. I love the colouring on this one. Marie Severin did such a great job on EC covers (and insides).

TFT_27.jpg

Note to self: take that piece of tape off the scanner bed! :blush:

From very deep in the shadows of the Atomic Age is Bible Tales #2. (Some great artists in this series).

BibleTalesForYoungFolk2.jpg

If Stan Lee had anything to do with this ,I imagine the stories have titles like "Betrayed!" and "Back from the Grave".

Edited by rjpb

Love that Bible Tales! It was carefully crafted and worthy of being reprinted. (thumbs u

Here are a few recent additions:

Silver #6 (very slowly chipping away at this run).

Silver6.jpg

From very deep in the shadows of the Atomic Age is Bible Tales #2. (Some great artists in this series).

BibleTalesForYoungFolk2.jpg

If you are trying to catch the attention of the average kid, would stories about the science of food and health be a grabber? :D

lf-7.jpeg

This post escaped my attention the first time around, which I think makes your point. lol

But that's a very nice book. :applause:

Morris Gollub, who painted many later Tarzan covers for Dell.