• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

Love this one. I saw the original Picasso ('Girl Before a Mirror') in the MOMA a few weeks ago, which made this book irresistable. Must have been quite striking on the newstand!

Mad_22_zpsfa5f11f9.jpg

When ya comin' back Red Ryder?

This character sure became an American institution in the 40's and 50's - but seems mostly forgotten now. Except, of course, as that rifle Ralphie wants so badly in "A Christmas Story."

Red Ryder Comics #101 1951 Dell File Copy

swim249.jpg

Finally had the chance to open a package from Andy (GAColl.) and I noticed the mention of:

Not Intended for Children

on this cover to Crime Does not Pay. The title had been carrying the A.C.M.P. star since issue 79, so that was nothing new and the mention disappeared with the next issue. I can imagine that the inclusion was well intended at the editorial meeting ... until they realized that it would probably kill sales lol

CrimeDoesnotPay88_zps70cf7968.jpg

<------- 20K. I don't know if I should celebrate or go read a book instead of posting hm

...... just when I think I'm thinning the heard and getting the obsession under control............GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AMAZINGADVENTURES2-D.jpg

..... Crippen....was a CGC 7.5 probably due to the light stain top left...... there's not really anything wrong with it other than that...... and much nicer than average PQ for a D copy.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mayan pyramids are always a welcome story device :headbang:

From Yellow to Pink with this Wanted # 49. Aside from the Big John cover and story, there are two Anderson stories inside. Such a treat and the kind of books I'm always happy to get :banana:

Wanted49_zps6919f0f6.jpg

From Yellow to Pink with this Wanted # 49. Aside from the Big John cover and story, there are two Anderson stories inside. Such a treat and the kind of books I'm always happy to get :banana:

Wanted49_zps6919f0f6.jpg

What a great cover! Have never seen it before.

Love Buscema's "Wanted" work...

138583.jpg.ea1dbed81026c3433b5b4877cb646708.jpg