• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

Love it when I find something cool in a book I already have but never noticed. Should have known on this one as I really enjoy Guardineer but CI 107 - King of the Khyber Rifles, the adaptation of Talbot Mundy is 30+ pages of Guardineer. Cool book and cheap one also. Great combo.

King%20-%20CI%20107_zpsqs4clv8h.jpg

King%20-%20CI%20107%20-%20Yasmini_zps5p9a09pd.jpg

King%20-%20CI%20107%20-%20Tomb_zpsvkqdjshg.jpg

All 3 of those look like a lot of fun. Good covers and good stories! :applause:

Love it when I find something cool in a book I already have but never noticed. Should have known on this one as I really enjoy Guardineer but CI 107 - King of the Khyber Rifles, the adaptation of Talbot Mundy is 30+ pages of Guardineer. Cool book and cheap one also. Great combo.

King%20-%20CI%20107_zpsqs4clv8h.jpg

King%20-%20CI%20107%20-%20Yasmini_zps5p9a09pd.jpg

King%20-%20CI%20107%20-%20Tomb_zpsvkqdjshg.jpg

One of the CIs I remember reading as a kid. (Had no idea who Guardineer was at that point.) Lead me years later to track down the Mundy novel. Pretty good read of the British Empire vs. the unruly natives variety. Definitely an historical curio at this point.

Just in. This was the last one I needed to have the set of the 7 Jungle Annuals. Lots of fun inside -

Tarzan%20Annual%207_zps83szmcjx.jpg

Love the covers for this series!! :)

Interesting books from a short-lived publisher Argo Publications. They were obviously produced to fill a void left by the demise of many comics by the comics code in 1955. However their wholesome newspaper content wasn't popular enough to keep them in business.

Thanks for showing them.