• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

# 14 - Yes. another # 14. The numbering on this run is weird (in a typical comics way). It goes Vol. 1 # 10 to 14 (those about to be posted) and then goes Vol. 2 # 6 (!?!) and up to 51

GI%20Joe%20vol%201%2014_zps8iogskdg.jpg

THE most fantastic back cover. I love it!

GI%20Joe%20vol%201%2014%20Back%20Cover_zpsgatthnzq.jpg

# 11 - Note the logo is different (and it also was on the first issue) but after this it's consistent for the rest of the run.

GI%20Joe%20vol%201%2011_zpsnbd23osb.jpg

And, rats!, I don't have Vol.1 # 10 a.k.a. the first issue but I am always looking to fill in my few holes. So, that's all folks!

# 14 - Yes. another # 14. The numbering on this run is weird (in a typical comics way). It goes Vol. 1 # 10 to 14 (those about to be posted) and then goes Vol. 2 # 6 (!?!) and up to 51

Great back cover by Harry Anderson. (thumbs u

I second that emotion in a big way. I dig it more than the Allen Anderson cover! GCD seems to credit it at the end of the listing with Henry Sharp pencils and inks - in other words, the artist responsible for the first two stories. Mike, does that look right to you?

Adam - boy, the Andersons got me confused. Attribution to Harry Anderson - your eye tells you that (not that I disagree) or some other source?

Nah. The DCM has these issues scanned if anyone wants to check the insides (the main reason why I don't scan many interiors any more) -

Here are the splash & 2nd page from the first story. Not the same artist. AStrange is certainly correct, that's Anderson on the back cover.

Well, you can't link (I don't blame them) but here's the landing page where you can preview the issue

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=1588

As far as Anderson ID, it's the what I call ultra-fine inking of the shadow highlights and the female face. Anderson never drew a nose he could hint at, his female characters has a thin upper lip and a full bottom lip and more often than not he draws their eyes round, that is their eyes tend to be fully open. She fits that profile perfectly.

Adam - boy, the Andersons got me confused. Attribution to Harry Anderson - your eye tells you that (not that I disagree) or some other source?

GCD has no credit but it's so distinctively him I'm confident of the designation.

I generally don't post about current books in the GA section but I just finished Two Brothers by Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba (twin artists from Brazil) recently published by Dark Horse and it's excellent work. Artwork matches the story, based on a one novel considered among the best in the last 15 years in Brazil.

Here's the Dark Horse Preview. These 10 pages don't give the full flavor of the entire book. The book gets darker emotionally and visually as it progresses. Amazing work.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/Previews/28-766?page=0

Check it out @ your local library.

End of Off-Topic

This one was immortalized by Flee shortly after I joined the Boards. Perhaps someone more skilled with the search function will be able to find his animated version. :wishluck:

SA%2016-94-RC.jpg

Beautiful! Easter Island moai with a knock-out blue background. :applause: