• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

This one had been on my Want List for a while. Happy to have it.

Wanted%20-%20Wed%20of%20Crime%20-%20March%201951_zpsyh9qhat1.jpg

...that's one of the one's that's ALWAYS missing from dealer's lists :golfclap: GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This one had been on my Want List for a while. Happy to have it.

Wanted%20-%20Wed%20of%20Crime%20-%20March%201951_zpsyh9qhat1.jpg

Nice snag on #33!

The first two stories, Citadel of Crime and Web of Crime are particularly violent, a hallmark of this title.

Don't get more Atomic Age than this cool little run. I just finished it.

comcaptsciencegroupshot_zpsc3fmubpn.jpg

Congrats on completing that run, RM! They all look to be in decent condition, and of course you can read them!

I only have #7; the splash page for "The Hangman's Son" has got to be one of the most chilling images in the entire PCH genre.

:applause:

I tried to rank which one I prefer but both are equally representative of the genre, though on the sappy side but that's not a fault. If anything, it enhances these books.

I like them about the same as well and think that the #5 (with the woman) is more on the sappy side. You don't see a dead woman on the cover of a war comic every day so I can give it some leeway.

The dead man's pose on the #2 reminded me of Heck's War Fury #1(still on the want list). GCD shows the War Fury cover is dated one month earlier.

A couple Farrell's from the shadows.

G%20I%20In%20Battle%202x_zpsi0mvuvx1.jpg

G%20I%20In%20Battle%205_zpslovuspbx.jpg

Both are nice but I really like the 2 as I got that War Fury feel as well. What I really like are the gun, grenade, knife, matches, letter pages and photo laying around the fallen man. Looks like he decided to have a smoke and read a love letter from home at the wrong time!