• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,430 posts in this topic

There are some choices even on Amazon

Billy the Kid Cap Gun

41QID4mHzQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey! I like Billy the Kid!

(thumbs u

We need more Lone Ranger everywhere!

Are cap guns and caps in rolls even sold anymore?

???

My 3 year old got one for Christmas (thumbs u

Good man! What kind?

???

Edited by Hepcat

The smell of gunpowder! :cloud9:

For big problems, I'd suggest:

PU-36.jpg

Since we're in the shadow of the atomic age, here is my all-time favorite cap shooter...

images-2.jpg

...the Atomic Disintegrator!!! (thumbs u

I've got one of those! :applause:

Then the next time you two meet...

:o *SPOON* ...I'll need more caps! :ohnoez:

:idea: Wait a minute...

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

...I forgot that I had some in reserve! (thumbs u

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Almost a great cover - should have left Bucky off. It's like he was added in at the last minute - kneeing Cap in the head while leaping for the hook that would have to be behind him judging from the perspective on Red Skull. Either that or The Red Skull is only two feet tall.

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Almost a great cover - should have left Bucky off. It's like he was added in at the last minute - kneeing Cap in the head while leaping for the hook that would have to be behind him judging from the perspective on Red Skull. Either that or The Red Skull is only two feet tall.

Yes, it's the Red Skull's tiny brother, the Shrunken Skull. Makes perfect sense.

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

The cover is way too busy overall. It should have zeroed in on the girl, the Red Skull and Captain America.

:makepoint:

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Couldn't agree more. That is exactly my impression in respect to this cover. You've got a good eye for art composition. (thumbs u

Yeah!! Lone Ranger :)

Here's something else but I am quite excited by it. Lassie # 20, in nice-ish condition for my collection, one of the elusive 3 Baker issues (20, 21 & 22). Still looking for 21, now a gaping hole in my Lassie run :sorry: GCD says Gollub on the cover.

120050.jpg.5a0b9fc7c7aab2b575f2026b68987a31.jpg

More .... Lone Ranger!!

Here's # 66 with a cover by Henry "Hank" Hartman. Hartman did a few of the Lone Ranger covers. As per the website run by his son - Hartman Fine Arts - Hank was still alive as recently as 2008. Here's his Bio from the site: Henry Hartman Bio

"Henry Hartman’s career in art spans six fascinating decades. Throughout, he has both made his living and fulfilled his personal creative vision as a commercial graphic designer, illustrator and fine art painter and drawer.

Hartman was fortunate - indeed - for the opportunity to study formally with one of the top Illustrators of his time - Mortimer Wilson Jr. of New York City. As a result,Wilson invited Hartman to assist him on illustrations for the premier American magazines of the day, including SATURDAY EVENING POST, LADIES HOME JOURNAL, COSMOPOLITAN, and RED BOOK, to name a few.

Hartman also illustrated independently for publications - and in this way produced approximately twenty paintings which were used as cover art for the Dell Publishing Company’s LONE RANGER comic book series.In addition to his strong work in illustration, Hartman’s talent as a portraitist was recognized - leading to over 500 commissioned works. Many were done for an organization known as the Circus, Saints and Sinners, a philanthropic organization which feted America’s Who’s Who for over 30 years. Hartman’s charcoal portraits were proudly presented by the CS & S at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC during monthly luncheon’s honoring the special guests which included Presidents of the United States, sports heroes, actors, writers, musicians and other American celebrities.

Following retirement from his commercial career, he has for nearly 20 years pursued his fine art instincts through the landscape, still-life and figure studies which have sold in galleries. He has recently returned to his old love - imagery of the American West - and is currently doing a series of new Lone Ranger paintings."

You can see which Lone Ranger covers he painted at this Lone Ranger Gallery. He also painted some of the Zane Grey Four Color issues.

120058.jpg.a248401d845e8d65b6223bab7ca634c2.jpg