• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic you have acquired this year?

86 posts in this topic

My Three comics book is NOT CANADIAN and it is from 1944 and contains Spirit stories with Lou Fine artwork.

I don't know about Lou Fine (Gerber says it is) but my Three Comics has stories from late 1943 or early 1944. Mr. Mystic stories were by Guardineer and not Powell. No mention of where or when it was published. They are in Overstreet.

Just obtained this - today - in the Marketplace.

Rare - I've been looking for a sweet copy with nice pages for a long, long time. :banana:

NewAdventures1_zpseocrmu3i.jpg

Holy Moley that is a thing of beauty!

Just obtained this - today - in the Marketplace.

Rare - I've been looking for a sweet copy with nice pages for a long, long time. :banana:

NewAdventures1_zpseocrmu3i.jpg

Holy Moley that is a thing of beauty!

Thanks Scott - I'm absolutely lovin' it. :)

Which were the featured series at this early point in the title run?

The typical mixture of short adventure and humor, generally 1 or 2 pages. Thus that 12 page Borgia story in issue #13 really surprised me!

To me, these early DC comic books are fascinatingly representative of the creation of the hobby... the baby steps of a phenomenon that was about to take off at full speed.