• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are married and collect comics.......

116 posts in this topic

My wife is totally cool. Helped me build display shelves in the blacked out office room, buys me books for holidays, etc.

Same here. My wife is the artsy handy one in the family. She built me shelves and gets all of my art prints framed. It helps that she is a nerd like me.

That is awesome for both of you. I do get decent super hero T shirt presents at holiday or birthday time. Got a Darth Vader alarm clock and electric tooth brush this past x-mas.

She never buys me comics. I think she is afraid of not knowing what to get. But she does get me statues. Which is pretty damn awesome.

My wife did not appreciate me collecting comics, even though she said she was okay with it before we got married. that was 22 years ago. It was only recently when I sold about $7.000 worth that she could appreciate the worth of my comics. That's the good news. The bad news is now she wants me to sell everything.

Be careful you married guys. I had to sell my collection because of the divorce. Lots of books I can't afford again had to go so I could pay her half of fair market value.

Very interesting perspective. I knew a guy who got his GA Bats and SA ASMs blown out of the water because his wife knew "everything" about them in great depth and detail. If I recall I think he ended up losing them all in the proposed settlement.

My wife did not appreciate me collecting comics, even though she said she was okay with it before we got married. that was 22 years ago. It was only recently when I sold about $7.000 worth that she could appreciate the worth of my comics. That's the good news. The bad news is now she wants me to sell everything.

:signfunny:

My wife is totally cool. Helped me build display shelves in the blacked out office room, buys me books for holidays, etc.

Same here. My wife is the artsy handy one in the family. She built me shelves and gets all of my art prints framed. It helps that she is a nerd like me.

That is awesome for both of you. I do get decent super hero T shirt presents at holiday or birthday time. Got a Darth Vader alarm clock and electric tooth brush this past x-mas.

She never buys me comics. I think she is afraid of not knowing what to get. But she does get me statues. Which is pretty damn awesome.

Absolutely. That is great.

Be careful you married guys. I had to sell my collection because of the divorce. Lots of books I can't afford again had to go so I could pay her half of fair market value.

Me too! :cry:

The worst was loosing Detective 34-37. With today's prices, I highly doubt I'll get any of those again.

My wife really has no clue, but knows I dump a lot of money into comics.

That being said, if we ever were to divorce (ain't going to happen), she deserves at least half, if not more.

We have been together 34 years, have three kids, etc. I would never attempt to cut her out of what she deserves.

That being said, if we ever were to divorce (ain't going to happen), she deserves at least half, if not more.

We have been together 34 years, have three kids, etc. I would never attempt to cut her out of what she deserves.

You're wife is watching over your shoulder as you type this right now, isn't she lol

You're wife is watching over your shoulder as you type this right now, isn't she lol

Nope - she is an elementary school teacher and passes out early every night from exhaustion, after working 10-12 hour days. She has a worse job than I do. Luckily, I'm done in 10 months, and will be retired. I plan to work extra hard the next 2-4 years (shopping, cooking, cleaning, supporting her) so that she can finish it out, and make it through to retirement.

The threat of losing half of a great collection is just another one of those 'ties that bind' lol

....and have to wait for everyone to go to sleep in your house at night so you can run out to the car and get out your "comic package(s)" from the trunk to open them, this thread is for you.

If you have to get your comics shipped to you at your place of work, this thread is for you.

lol My wife does like comics and the movies, I'm always getting some for Christmas and Fathers Day but the two above has happened before and I still have comics sent to my work place so she doesn't know how much I really spend on comics :devil:

Nope - she is an elementary school teacher and passes out early every night from exhaustion, after working 10-12 hour days. She has a worse job than I do. Luckily, I'm done in 10 months, and will be retired. I plan to work extra hard the next 2-4 years (shopping, cooking, cleaning, supporting her) so that she can finish it out, and make it through to retirement.

:applause:

Glad to hear some people are still managing to live the dream. It takes a lot of work to get there.

Trust me, it was worth every penny to get her out of my life, but I do miss the books.

Hahaha!! I am never getting married (no kids either I have passed that point and you have to respect the biology of aging...I don't want a kid (s) at my age) I love the single life to much and my pet and my hobbies are more than enough for me to be happy!!

No one who has ever had the misfortune of dating me knows what I have as far as comics. After reading all of the divorce horror stories I have seen on these boards and a couple I know of off the boards, I have an arrangement with my parents and cousin that should I ever get married, there are certain books that only they will be made aware of.