• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are married and collect comics.......

116 posts in this topic

....and have to wait for everyone to go to sleep in your house at night so you can run out to the car and get out your "comic package(s)" from the trunk to open them, this thread is for you.

If you recently were at the movies seeing a non-action drama film and kicking yourself because you were missing a dynamic real-time moving sales thread on the boards, this is for you.

If you have to get your comics shipped to you at your place of work, this thread is for you.

If you are the someone who recently purchased two well drinks thinking they were part of the half off happy hour special (when in fact they were not) costing $30+ tip and thought about how many mixed age raw comics you could have bought instead, this thread is for you.

If you mistakenly told your wife that the NM raw ASM 300 you recently purchased was worthless and it only cost $2.50 and not the paid amount of $250 only to find days later after coming home from work, your daughter had placed a bunch of my little pony stickers all over the venom cover spidie, this thread is for you.

....So the genesis of this thread stemmed from a recent PM I had going with a well known heavy hitter on these boards. I was surprised to hear how "cool" his wife was with his comic collecting ways.

We all have different experiences with our day-to-day and personal situations. So let this thread be a safe place. Please no trolling or judging one another. If you would like to share something or have a mission impossible comic book related type story, please do so.

I just cracked open a Hoegaarden and am about half way through a long box.

Wifie is out of town all week so I have been bagging/boarding/logging like a fiend. I have about 1K comics down and about 2K more to go. There is nothing sweeter than getting a long box shipped to you in the mail. Glorious.

162610.jpg.4e2a9dbdf40bd4068d5e68621577cd50.jpg

162611.jpg.0ed2f22dda271c26fc39438e489a2c41.jpg

....and have to wait for everyone to go to sleep in your house at night so you can run out to the car and get out your "comic package(s)" from the trunk to open them, this thread is for you.

If you recently were at the movies seeing a non-action drama film and kicking yourself because you were missing a dynamic real-time moving sales thread on the boards, this is for you.

If you have to get your comics shipped to you at your place of work, this thread is for you.

If you are the someone who recently purchased two well drinks thinking they were part of the half off happy hour special (when in fact they were not) costing $30+ tip and thought about how many mixed age raw comics you could have bought instead, this thread is for you.

If you mistakenly told your wife that the NM raw ASM 300 you recently purchased was worthless and it only cost $2.50 and not the paid amount of $250 only to find days later after coming home from work, your daughter had placed a bunch of my little pony stickers all over the venom cover spidie, this thread is for you.

....So the genesis of this thread stemmed from a recent PM I had going with a well known heavy hitter on these boards. I was surprised to hear how "cool" his wife was with his comic collecting ways.

We all have different experiences with our day-to-day and personal situations. So let this thread be a safe place. Please no trolling or judging one another. If you would like to share something or have a mission impossible comic book related type story, please do so.

I just cracked open a Hoegaarden and am about half way through a long box.

Wifie is out of town all week so I have been bagging/boarding/logging like a fiend. I have about 1K comics down and about 2K more to go. There is nothing sweeter than getting a long box shipped to you in the mail. Glorious.

Ahhh I cherish my single life no sneaking around!! And my cat love seen new package arrive by mail (he gets to play with all that fun packaging stuff once the package is open) and lay beside me when I read them.

Be careful you married guys. I had to sell my collection because of the divorce. Lots of books I can't afford again had to go so I could pay her half of fair market value.

I'm too lazy (and stupid) to hide it from my wife. She buys her things and I buy mine. It works out well.

+1

My personal biggest issue is the time management aspect of it. Its very time intensive to bag/board/log/scan. I find that when I am truly alone say around 10PM and later works best for me. So this week has been a big bonus.

I am glad I don't have to hide my comics, lol My wife actually bought me my Amazing Spider-man # 1 :cloud9:

My girlfriend came up with a very elegant solution. I'm allowed to spend whatever I want on comics/comic art. However every dollar I spend is another dollar towards her engagement ring....

I'm too lazy (and stupid) to hide it from my wife. She buys her things and I buy mine. It works out well.

+1

+2. My wife even reads some of them the odd time.

I am glad I don't have to hide my comics, lol My wife actually bought me my Amazing Spider-man # 1 :cloud9:

My girlfriend came up with a very elegant solution. I'm allowed to spend whatever I want on comics/comic art. However every dollar I spend is another dollar towards her engagement ring....

I would never buy another comic ever again!!!!

I just cracked open a Hoegaarden

:cloud9:

Switching gears a bit but have you tried that new Bespoke Bourbon Cream from black button distilling? You have to be careful because as the name says...its bourbon...but it tastes like a chocolate milk shake.

Talk about conflicting emotions.

lol That is how its done in Hoboken.

My wife is totally cool. Helped me build display shelves in the blacked out office room, buys me books for holidays, etc.

Same here. My wife is the artsy handy one in the family. She built me shelves and gets all of my art prints framed. It helps that she is a nerd like me.

Talk about conflicting emotions.

Well if you stick with raw and don't go after uber high condition, your dollar can go very far vs. high grade 9.4 > slabs.

My wife is totally cool. Helped me build display shelves in the blacked out office room, buys me books for holidays, etc.

Same here. My wife is the artsy handy one in the family. She built me shelves and gets all of my art prints framed. It helps that she is a nerd like me.

That is awesome for both of you. I do get decent super hero T shirt presents at holiday or birthday time. Got a Darth Vader alarm clock and electric tooth brush this past x-mas.

Ahhh I cherish my single life no sneaking around!! And my cat love seen new package arrive by mail (he gets to play with all that fun packaging stuff once the package is open) and lay beside me when I read them.

(thumbs u Single life seems like an eternity ago now. My only more recent regret was over a decade ago I was living in Battery Park and working my tail off. Had a great social network though with some very unique characters and experiences. But I always was miserable because I was so tired. Never slept. I just wish looking back I would have enjoyed myself a bit more because now those days are long gone.