• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coollines looking for a sucker?

74 posts in this topic

...though I've often contended that they are more collectors than dealers.

This is probably the best piece of information to have when dealing with them. They are fans who love their collection. They really don't want to sell anything unless it's an offer they'd be stupid to turn down.

That might be true for some pieces but definitely not all. Or else they wouldn't be actively soliciting. Setting up at a con costs money and time and they aren't there just for crazy offers.

I'm just curious, but has anyone ever called them out on the shenanigans they pull with the covers not actually being covers and such? That is flat out lying about the product in my mind. I'm no lawyer, but if you buy something under false pretenses I would think you would have some legal ground to stand on. Of course that is all after the fact of having to have bought the piece and then discovering the fraud and then having them refuse to refund you so that's a lot of ifs.

I think we should have the Coollines thread pinned to the top of the OA page so every time somone brings them up we can just point them to the thread .

Alex where is the guide already for Coollines? I want to see you swoop in with your response like when someone asks about the value of their work. ;)

I think they're making their fortune from the telepathy device they invented. How else do they know each time to quote me a price that is exactly three times the maximum amount I had in mind?

dont think your seeing the best. I once asked them about New Mutant covers...they pulled out the covers to 2 and 3 , having never put them online and only showing one of them once in a CBG listing (for like 3x market price at the time).

New Mutants #2 has been posted online for a long time. I asked Steve last fall for a price on it. I like the cover, but $30K was a bit tough to stomach. :sick:

Oh I know we aren't seeing it all, but the quality just doesn't match unless they are hiding AF 15 or Action 1 covers...I just don't think their collection trumps collections that include (in the same collection) Giant Size X-men 1, Silver Surfer 1, DD 181, multiple Ditko Spider-man covers, Iron Man 1, Star Wars 1, and thousands more.

SS #1 (v. 1, anyway) is in a different collection. Get your BSDs straight, man!

dont think your seeing the best. I once asked them about New Mutant covers...they pulled out the covers to 2 and 3 , having never put them online and only showing one of them once in a CBG listing (for like 3x market price at the time).

New Mutants #2 has been posted online for a long time. I asked Steve last fall for a price on it. I like the cover, but $30K was a bit tough to stomach. :sick:

Oh no, I mean i found out about these covers back pre-internet days. I asked about them back in 1993-1994 range when I was in Highschool. we went back and forth with AOL email i think lol back in the san mateo days. They didnt list them in their mailing, i just asked from a CBG listing if they had them, thats when they popped out.

Back thEn the price i think was 1k and 1500...you know, crazy prices?

Oh I know we aren't seeing it all, but the quality just doesn't match unless they are hiding AF 15 or Action 1 covers...I just don't think their collection trumps collections that include (in the same collection) Giant Size X-men 1, Silver Surfer 1, DD 181, multiple Ditko Spider-man covers, Iron Man 1, Star Wars 1, and thousands more.

Ah You're right.....That collection sucks now.

Alex where is the guide already for Coollines? I want to see you swoop in with your response like when someone asks about the value of their work. ;)

I actually have started it, but life interferes. I'd like to build a really useful FAQ and they are definitely part of it.

I actually have started it, but life interferes. I'd like to build a really useful FAQ and they are definitely part of it.

Don't forget the answer to ANY condition question about a piece of art is "It's perfect, no problems" regardless of the actual condition.

They really like that "Young X-Men*" cover (as they referred to it when I inquired).

If you'd agreed to the price, he'd' have had to check with his brother one more time, and... well, you know the rest.

*sigh*. This just got listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-RYAN-Iron-Man-52-cover-large-Iron-Man-image-/331869983949?hash=item4d44fe14cd:g:XHMAAOSwnNBXToNS

Cool Lines bought this cover in May 2014 for $366. They quickly put dressing on it and immediately priced it at a multiple what they paid--but what they didn't say on their website, and what they don't say in this eBay description, is that this is an inked only copy. The owner of the pencils told me he emailed them to change it but they did not reply or change their description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-RYAN-Iron-Man-52-cover-large-Iron-Man-image-/331869983949?hash=item4d44fe14cd:g:XHMAAOSwnNBXToNS

Cool Lines bought this cover in May 2014 for $366. They quickly put dressing on it and immediately priced it at a multiple what they paid--but what they didn't say on their website, and what they don't say in this eBay description, is that this is an inked only copy. The owner of the pencils told me he emailed them to change it but they did not reply or change their description.

That's dishonest in my book.

That's dishonest in my book.

That's dishonest in EVERY book.

True collectors wouldn't muddy the waters with false pretenses on art. All the art they are selling has duped a buyer and will be spread throughout the hobby when said pieces get resold.

I reported the item. I think everyone here should. And do it every day until the auction is removed. They won't stop this stuff, if you passively sit back and allow it. They have no reason to change, if you give them none. If you can't even report that the item is missing vital information on the piece, then you really have no business complaining about what they (or any other dealer/rep/artist) does in this hobby.

I really don't know what to think about these guys.. I have inquired about numerous items from them and obviously they come back with ridiculous prices. Weird thing is sometimes I'll see the same pieces he is offering me cheaper on eBay or comic link.. Like at least get your pricing straight guys - I am embarrassed for them if they are actually dealers..

I really don't know what to think about these guys.. I have inquired about numerous items from them and obviously they come back with ridiculous prices. Weird thing is sometimes I'll see the same pieces he is offering me cheaper on eBay or comic link.. Like at least get your pricing straight guys - I am embarrassed for them if they are actually dealers..

Oh yeah.. And they won't even consider offers on the prices they give me.. Even though it's already priced cheaper somewhere else :insane: