• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big time collecting advice needed!

49 posts in this topic

I've been inspired to collect a nice run of more fun comics and due to the price of some of those books,I'm contemplating on if I should sell my tec 27 coverless to make some funds...maybe for pedigree copies (or a nice down payment on a single issue to make it less painful seeing my tec 27 leave my collection). I seriously love my tec 27 so that's why I need some advice from long time collectors who probably went though the samething ....thank you so much hm

I would keep the Tec 27, just don't see getting back on that book if you let it go. Do I start the time payments now? Joke. But if more into the other books, do what you think you will enjoy over the years.

More Fun is a great run with lots of historical significance, but it would be a shame to have to give up a Tec 27 to start a MF collection.
thank you for advice!! I was reading a old thread of esquirecomics and read about your awesome collection you have of more funs (worship)

Keep the 27. You only need a few Pre hero MFs to experience the run. It will be more costly to replace the 27--even a Coverless one. :)
I know that I would probably never get another copy of tec 27.....thanks primetime for your advice!

More Fun is a great run with lots of historical significance, but it would be a shame to have to give up a Tec 27 to start a MF collection.
thank you for advice!! I was reading a old thread of esquirecomics and read about your awesome collection you have of more funs (worship)

I completely understand the allure of those early DC's, and have spent many of my years as a collector chasing them. But I never let go of a truly iconic book in order to do so. Had it been a lesser book than Tec 27, my opinion would likely be different.

I completely understand the allure of those early DC's, and have spent many of my years as a collector chasing them. But I never let go of a truly iconic book in order to do so. Had it been a lesser book than Tec 27, my opinion would likely be different.

it must have been a blast for you all those years finding them!

It was and still is. You can see the MF books I have so far here: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetSlideshow.aspx?PeopleSetID=100542

I imagine it will be a long time before I close out the run, if ever.

It was and still is. You can see the MF books I have so far here: http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetSlideshow.aspx?PeopleSetID=100542

oh my goodness...53 and 65 are my favorites!!

I would keep the Tec 27, just don't see getting back on that book if you let it go. Do I start the time payments now? Joke. But if more into the other books, do what you think you will enjoy over the years.
I probably will never get another one for sure...hard choices!! Thanks for the advice:)

Keep the Tec 27. You'll never have a chance to own it again it's absolutely iconic.

+1

The 'Tec 27 should be the last book to sell in your collection. :cloud9:

The only exception to this is if you also happen to have an Action 1 in your personal collection. :D

Keep the Tec 27. You'll never have a chance to own it again it's absolutely iconic.

+1

The 'Tec 27 should be the last book to sell in your collection. :cloud9:

The only exception to this is if you also happen to have an Action 1 in your personal collection. :D

looks like everyone is on the same boat with keeping the tec 27! hm thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it! I wish I had a action 1 :headbang:

that 87 is just a beast

get cap 1
I'd buy a cap 1 as a investment but this is more of a thing where I would never sell the books I aquire.
never say never

get cap 1
I'd buy a cap 1 as a investment but this is more of a thing where I would never sell the books I aquire.
never say never
your right on that one but it would be hard

I gotta get on board with keeping your coverless Tec #27. Even coverless it is one of the most key of GA comics. You would be sorry down the road. That being said, I do share your love of More Funs. The Spectre is easily my favorite DC character. Due to the cost and scarcity, I own very few any more. So many classic Spectre and Dr. Fate covers. Most of the features inside are good reads as well. I say sell off other stuff to raise the dough if you want 'em