• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA August auction is shaping up to be Batman collectors dream

404 posts in this topic

coverless ?

I bid on this one Peter.

Had the high bid when internet bidding ended (as I placed a decent bid at about 3am today).

Was not near a computer when live bidding kicked in.

Probably best I wasn't.

The restored 8.5 Voldy Cap 1 went for just under $48k.

About double what it sold for on c link earlier this year.

-J.

:o

Sure about that J ? Don't recall a Cap 1 selling for so low. At 20K I sure would have taken a shot. I recall a high grade restored cap 1 go for 50K on comiclink this year though.

The Cap 74 in 3.5 hits 5K and the Flash 86 in 7.0 hits 9K More strong results on decent sized keys.

The restored 8.5 Voldy Cap 1 went for just under $48k.

About double what it sold for on c link earlier this year.

-J.

Whoa. I didn't notice that. Heck of a flip. Maybe something for consignors to think about when picking venues.

Sensation Comics #1 Trimmed (DC, 1942) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Off-white to white pages.

CGC notes, "Right Edge Trimmed. (Tape on interior.)".

$7,170.00

Pretty good deal imo.

Trimmed books really get hammered most of the time. If opinion ever swings on that view, there are a lot of books that are going to soar in value.

Sensation Comics #1 Trimmed (DC, 1942) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Off-white to white pages.

CGC notes, "Right Edge Trimmed. (Tape on interior.)".

$7,170.00

Pretty good deal imo.

Trimmed books really get hammered most of the time. If opinion ever swings on that view, there are a lot of books that are going to soar in value.

The Meyers have shown that a trim can be "corrected", ergo lose the "trim" designation, though you're guaranteed to pay a small fortune for it only to have it come back EP.