• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA August auction is shaping up to be Batman collectors dream

404 posts in this topic

The restored 8.5 Voldy Cap 1 went for just under $48k.

About double what it sold for on c link earlier this year.

-J.

:o

Sure about that J ? Don't recall a Cap 1 selling for so low. At 20K I sure would have taken a shot. I recall a high grade restored cap 1 go for 50K on comiclink this year though.

Pretty sure. It sold around about the time the whole igb thing was going on and I think some people held off on the book back then because they assumed all of Voldy's high grade restored stuff was by igb.

I seem to recall it going in the mid-high $20k range, and thinking that seemed low then.

Maybe somebody placed a tracking bid and can confirm....

-J.

Sensation Comics #1 Trimmed (DC, 1942) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Off-white to white pages.

CGC notes, "Right Edge Trimmed. (Tape on interior.)".

$7,170.00

Pretty good deal imo.

Glad it went to a great guy.

-J.

Sure about that J ? Don't recall a Cap 1 selling for so low. At 20K I sure would have taken a shot. I recall a high grade restored cap 1 go for 50K 40K on comiclink this year though.

Pretty sure. It sold around about the time the whole igb thing was going on and I think some people held off on the book back then because they assumed all of Voldy's high grade restored stuff was by igb.

I seem to recall it going in the mid-high $20k range, and thinking that seemed low then.

-J.

My memory NEVER fails me :acclaim:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1089151

(knew it ended in a round number was undecided if 4 or 5)

-J.

Sure about that J ? Don't recall a Cap 1 selling for so low. At 20K I sure would have taken a shot. I recall a high grade restored cap 1 go for 50K 40K on comiclink this year though.

-J.

My memory NEVER fails me :acclaim:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1089151

(knew it ended in a round number was undecided if 4 or 5)

So, it sold for the same price (minus the BP), unless my arithmetic is failing me!

Depending on the deal the consignor reached with HA, he either lost money or (possibly) made a small amount on the flip.

Sensation Comics #1 Trimmed (DC, 1942) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Off-white to white pages.

CGC notes, "Right Edge Trimmed. (Tape on interior.)".

$7,170.00

Pretty good deal imo.

Glad it went to a great guy.

Idk who got it. I thought about it, but didn't.

Voldy More Fun #54 3.5 :acclaim:

congrats that was the top book for me considering my grade desirability and cover appeal. well done!

Thanks. I just noticed that it has a faint store stamp on the cover which I think is actually very cool if it is from the release period. Looks like this is a new to market copy.

Startling 49 over $100,000

Yeah. $101,575

this is a crazy, crazy realized price. this book is now in special company, it will be curious to see how this effects demand of lower grade copies