• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas -- March 31-April 2, 2017
1 1

448 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RattyLa said:

Are there anymore boardies setting up? Would like to try and stop by and look through books from members selling if possible.

Off the top of my head:

Duncanville Bookstore

Black Cat Comics (bcc here)

Rick's Comic Crypt (bubbagump here)

There are probably others as well, and hopefully they will chime in.

15 hours ago, RattyLa said:

Are there anymore boardies setting up? Would like to try and stop by and look through books from members selling if possible.

I'll be set up.

A56 I think.  

Come say hi, I'll have a bunch of original art, some die cut covers, bootleg resin action figures too.  

Oh, and never before offered fresh sticker packs to sticker bomb your favorite street sign.  6 stickers for only $5.

16 hours ago, mysterio said:

I'll be at the Monster's Lair Comics booth all weekend (when I am not standing in line for Mark Hamill, that is) so do stop by and say hello if you're at the show. We will have a great selection of books starting at $1 all the way up to quality Silver Age, plenty of keys and a lot of books that have never been to a show before!

Do you know that booth #? i tried searching in the program, but was unable to find them listed under the retailers

On 3/15/2017 at 7:33 PM, marco7170 said:

Does anyone know if you will be able to pick up tickets on Thursday and if so what time? 

I believe that they've now sent out an email with this info...at HALL D from 11 - 8pm on Thursday

9am-6pm FRI

9am-6pm SAT

9am-3pm SUN

between these times to pick up wrist bands

30 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

Do you know that booth #? i tried searching in the program, but was unable to find them listed under the retailers

We don't have booth numbers yet that I am aware of, and if they have published the vendor map please post a link here so we can all find it.

http://fanexpodallas.com/schedule/

This is the schedule progam, in it shows the tables and #'s, it's small print and hard to manage... @mysterio

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe that they've now sent out an email with this info...at HALL D from 11 - 8pm on Thursday

9am-6pm FRI

9am-6pm SAT

9am-3pm SUN

between these times to pick up wrist bands

Yeah i am thinking i may need to go on Thursday evening when it should not be as crowded

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

http://fanexpodallas.com/schedule/

This is the schedule progam, in it shows the tables and #'s, it's small print and hard to manage... @mysterio

Monster's Lair will be at booth 416, right behind the convention exclusives booth and across from Duncanville Bookstore.

53 minutes ago, RattyLa said:

Yeah i am thinking i may need to go on Thursday evening when it should not be as crowded

I always like to do this, just saves some hassle on Friday.  Be aware though, there's no free parking downtown (at least as far as I can find). 

Just now, rjasonf said:

I always like to do this, just saves some hassle on Friday.  Be aware though, there's no free parking downtown (at least as far as I can find). 

Yup all metered parking or paid parking lots,  but i think after 6pm the metered street parking should be free? I will need to double check.

1 minute ago, RattyLa said:

Yup all metered parking or paid parking lots,  but i think after 6pm the metered street parking should be free? I will need to double check.

For those fans coming who are unfamiliar with Dallas, metered parking is usually pretty easy in downtown. Machines accept cards and I believe there is even an app you can download and pay via the app. That said, Uber is very affordable in Dallas so its always a good option (Im sure Lyft is as well).

Just now, kevhtx said:

For those fans coming who are unfamiliar with Dallas, metered parking is usually pretty easy in downtown. Machines accept cards and I believe there is even an app you can download and pay via the app. That said, Uber is very affordable in Dallas so its always a good option (Im sure Lyft is as well).

Yup, on Saturday and Sunday i plan on using Uber even though i live like 5 miles away and normally cheaper compared to parking lots.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I'll see you guys there, I'll be around the Pro Alley / Artist Alley area all weekend. Feel free to come by and say hello, vent or ask me any questions you have.

Quick question. When it says, print out and bring your ticket. Can simply showing the pdf via mobile phone work? I can't remember what I did last year and my damn printer is not working.

Edited by kevhtx

1 hour ago, RattyLa said:

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

It is supposed to rain a lot of the weekend, so keep this in mind when you're planning. The parking garage costs a bit, but does keep you dry when you're loading/unloading very expensive paper! There are plenty of places for pickup/dropoff that are protected, so just plan ahead when coordinating with Uber drivers so they know where to go.