• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, batmiesta said:

First time I have seen this Tim, Milgrom ? Looks like his work but he usually signs it.

Could be David, but I’m not sure. Feels a bit like Sal Buscema as well. Whoever it is, this wasn’t their best work haha.

1 hour ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Is it me, or does that look like John Byrne Hulk? I know it's not, but it sure does look like it.

To quote from the GCD:

"Cover appears to have been copied from a John Byrne drawing which appeared in the 1979 Marvel Comics Calendar, as character positions, clothes, and most other details are almost identical to the Byrne drawing. Byrne states he was not aware at the time that his drawing had been copied for this cover. "

It's not just you.

10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

To quote from the GCD:

"Cover appears to have been copied from a John Byrne drawing which appeared in the 1979 Marvel Comics Calendar, as character positions, clothes, and most other details are almost identical to the Byrne drawing. Byrne states he was not aware at the time that his drawing had been copied for this cover. "

It's not just you.

Wow. That was really bugging me. Thank you!!

19 hours ago, OtherEric said:

To quote from the GCD:

It's not just you.

Funny story about this art.

A few weeks ago Glenn from Panel Page art posted this for sale for $50K.

769ADF5F-69E8-46E3-9CA3-46FF56F405B4.png.9014d9c075f02e0473d5e1f940f606c2.png

I recognized the art from the treasury cover, and noticed he only mentioned the calendar, so I made a comment, thinking he’d be thrilled that the art was also used for a treasury cover (should be worth even more). 

He informed me that, as you mention in the post above, the treasury cover was a copy of the original calendar art which he had for sale. I went and double checked my copy, and sure enough, no Byrne/Austin sig.

23 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Funny story about this art.

A few weeks ago Glenn from Panel Page art posted this for sale for $50K.

I recognized the art from the treasury cover, and noticed he only mentioned the calendar, so I made a comment, thinking he’d be thrilled that the art was also used for a treasury cover (should be worth even more). 

He informed me that, as you mention in the post above, the treasury cover was a copy of the original calendar art which he had for sale. I went and double checked my copy, and sure enough, no Byrne/Austin sig.

Wow some crazy coincidences happening here. L O L