• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE cover poll thread --- FINAL ROUND:

114 posts in this topic

Hey, you guys are famous! Just got an e-mail from Heritage with a link to the poll.

I got one, too. I'm not sure how I feel about the attached image of Punch #12; that may skew the results if people vote for it just because it was in the e-mail.

+1

Yes, that will most definitely result in pushing Punch 12 further up the chart than it probably would be if the image was not there.

Better stuff the ballot box with some extra votes that have Punch #12 at the bottom of the list, just to even things out!

:devil: Our bean counters are ready for anything. Chad won't hang on our watch!

But for those who haven't voted yet, here's the poll page...

http://jmu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1RLoqvQp04kY8F7

HI everyone,

Punch 12 stands at the same ranking now as it did before HA's shoutout. No influence as far as I can tell (thumbs u I appreciated their shoutout.

We now have about 120 responses. Hopefully we can get a few dozen more before we close the poll.

Best,

-Keston

HI everyone,

Punch 12 stands at the same ranking now as it did before HA's shoutout. No influence as far as I can tell (thumbs u I appreciated their shoutout.

We now have about 120 responses. Hopefully we can get a few dozen more before we close the poll.

Best,

-Keston

(thumbs u

Completely OT, but I just got an e-mail from HA with the subject line: "Sunday Comics Auction Ends Friday" ???
and they followed up with a correction email lol

This is a day for corrections, just look at the markets following the Brexit vote. hm

HI everyone,

Best,

-Keston

That number could double before the polls close tomorrow night. We still have nearly 36 hours left. I think the HA shoutout was Timely (see what I did there?). ;)

Completely OT, but I just got an e-mail from HA with the subject line: "Sunday Comics Auction Ends Friday" ???

This is a day for corrections, just look at the markets following the Brexit vote. hm

Speaking of polls ... even though the polls had been very tight, betting markets had Reman at 96% yesterday evening -- after most of the votes had already been cast.

Indicative of something. I'm not sure what, but something! :D

I have a feeling a few consignors got the first e-mail and had their hearts skip a beat or two. :D

I have a feeling a few consignors got the first e-mail and had their hearts skip a beat or two. :D

:insane:

I can't believe Mask 1 or Startling Terror 11 didn't make the finals... :(

The list seems to omit later-era Atom Age covers (1950-1954) and concentrate on 1938-1949.

Update: I would also say that Startling Terror #11 is excluded because it is an echo of Suspense Comics #8.

Thanks for sourcing those thumbs, my friend. For the reminder post they're an effective motivator! (thumbs u

Less than 24 hours left to rank covers in the Golden Age cover Poll!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This link will take you directly to the poll...

>>>>>>>>>> http://jmu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1RLoqvQp04kY8F7

163121.jpg

163122.jpg

163123.jpg

163124.jpg

163125.jpg

>>>>>>Remember, keep your choices to yourself until the polls close.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Have fun and don't forget the popcorn!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>f_885963.gif

The list seems to omit later-era Atom Age covers (1950-1954) and concentrate on 1938-1949.

Update: I would also say that Startling Terror #11 is excluded because it is an echo of Suspense Comics #8.

1950s books were explicitly excluded from consideration.

Very true. We had to draw the line somewhere. That doesn't mean other eras can't be visited in future polls of this stature. (thumbs u

Yup, there would have been lots of amazing horror covers in here otherwise.