• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2017
2 2

210 posts in this topic

You really should attend this show. Well worth the drive down from the Bay Area. The key to this show is it is tight and very well attended by quality dealers. Not just local guys but a lot of out of state dealers. Since it is once a year, the dealers probably hold collections for this show. Just quality vintage material and tons of it. Terry "gets it" and the loads of dealers and buyers from all over the US and Canada that attend. This place was PACKED from beginning to end with happy and willing buyers. The big cons are dying for comic book people. Great quality shows like this are what we've been missing. Thanks for your hard work Terry!

We actually had a great conversation with Ciorac at the dinner,that guy has so many stories about the good ole days. (worship)

Bill was there now that really :censored: bet he had a lot of the books i like hm

All the books you like were at the two Jamie's tables and Terry's table. Never seen so much golden age DC in one room at a time. Simply astounding.

SoCalComics had a nice booth display, along with some early DC GA too.

Other interesting setups included Brad (F/VF Comics), Jeff (formerly of Cloud Nine Comics), and our very own Forbush Man and Robot Man.

Bunky didn't have a booth, but he was working the room. Superworld Ted didn't make it out this year, either.

Unfortunately I got there very late in the afternoon but was able to meet Joey who was extremely cool, knowledgeable, and gracious with his time. Saw Al from Amazing Collectibles perusing the room and working the dealers ;) and had a chance to say hi to Bob of Empire Collectibles. Lots of wheeling and dealing going on in the booths for sure. Thanks to Terry who is a great guy, and for putting on the show. I believe the Action #1 was a CGC 7.0 but can't remember what type of resto it had?

Did anyone else notice the massive pile of cracked open CGC cases in the men's bathroom trashcan?

I also had a great time. Thank you, Terry.

I was actually in the restroom when they got dumped in there lol

So was I. I was the one quietly knocking three times on each stall door asking about which books to put in my bank safe deposit box.

:jokealert:

Edited by NoMan

Unfortunately I got there very late in the afternoon but was able to meet Joey who was extremely cool, knowledgeable, and gracious with his time. Saw Al from Amazing Collectibles perusing the room and working the dealers ;) and had a chance to say hi to Bob of Empire Collectibles. Lots of wheeling and dealing going on in the booths for sure. Thanks to Terry who is a great guy, and for putting on the show. I believe the Action #1 was a CGC 7.0 but can't remember what type of resto it had?

It had a "conserved" label or something like that. That was a weird booth. A glass case with the Flash Showcase book, an Action 1 and two boxes of beat up dollar books. That guy with the scarf looked exactly] like his photo in the Overstreet guide

It had a "conserved" label or something like that. That was a weird booth. A glass case with the Flash Showcase book, an Action 1 and two boxes of beat up dollar books. That guy with the scarf looked exactly] like his photo in the Overstreet guide

lol I believe there was also a Superman #1 in the case :banana:

Sounds like Carbo and his Conserved 7.0 copy.

Sorry I didn't make it, guys. My wife had a sudden work deadline, so I hung out with my 9-year-old all day. I thought about bringing him, but as Terry's show is all comics, I think he would have been bored.

I'll be at LBCC next month and WonderCon, of course.

Sounds like Carbo and his Conserved 7.0 copy.

lol I was thinking it had to be Carbo based on the description of the guy.

IMG_3184_zpsw9mrdhtm.jpg

Lets get board names so we can put face to name (thumbs u

I second Woowoo's suggestion. Would be great to attach names to those smiling faces!

(Looks like someone was nursing his margarita ? )

No I think it was my 5th one. :headbang:. :ohnoez:

IMG_3184_zpsw9mrdhtm.jpg

Lets get board names so we can put face to name (thumbs u

I second Woowoo's suggestion. Would be great to attach names to those smiling faces!

(Looks like someone was nursing his margarita ? )

No I think it was my 5th one. :headbang:. :ohnoez:

Ha!! Cheers to that! ? ? ? ? ?

So I guess Oakman's on the far left...

Back home safely.

Sat across from Lori Loughlin on the plane.

Also, Brooke Smith was on the flight (best known as Buffalo Bill's kidnap victim) in the Silence of the Lambs.

Back home safely.

Also, Brooke Smith was on the flight (best known as Buffalo Bill's kidnap victim) in the Silence of the Lambs.

Did she take the lotion out of the basket?

Back home safely.

Did she take the lotion out of the basket?

Yes