• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will the Action Comics #1 CGC 5.5 sell for on Heritage?

154 posts in this topic

does the fact that it was once in a purple label hinder anything on the final hammer? I'm guessing it closes a bit lower than some at 650k-700k.
probably only matters to those that know it's history

does the fact that it was once in a purple label hinder anything on the final hammer? I'm guessing it closes a bit lower than some at 650k-700k.

You are only supposed to bid on what's in front of you. Similar to how the graders are only supposed to grade based upon the book that's in front of them, irrespective of it's prior history and what's been done to it. :P

Any idea what it's prior grade was as a PLOD? Must have been only very minor resto if it was easy to remove. hm

You are only supposed to bid on what's in front of you. Similar to how the graders are only supposed to grade based upon the book that's in front of them, irrespective of it's prior history and what's been done to it. :P

Any idea what it's prior grade was as a PLOD? Must have been only very minor resto if it was easy to remove. hm

It was a 7.5 ( I got a nice package from HA yesterday)

The only restoration done was having tears sealed.

Tears were sealed with archival quality glue, which Matt was able to safely remove, thus returning the book to it's former state.

Tears were sealed with archival quality glue, which Matt was able to safely remove, thus returning the book to it's former state.

:o

Didn't know it belonged to a boardie. Best of luck in your auction

irrespective of it's prior history and what's been done to it. :P

Hopefully this advice is limited to your views on comic books only. ;)

Heritage put out a separate pamphlet detailing the book's history. :gossip:

lol I WISH it were mine.

It has been mentioned on the boards that it belongs to Gerry Ross.

lol I WISH it were mine.

It has been mentioned on the boards that it belongs to Gerry Ross.

That's true.

I believe that I can safely say that purchasing this book would cost me far more than the hammer price.

After paying for the book, I would then have to pay doctor's bill for the beating my wife would give me.

After that there is the divorce attorney to pay (and I think those guys charge by the minute).

Then after she took the house, cars, and everything else that was not nailed down, I would be left sitting on the ground reading my AC1 (if she did not take that too).

As much as I dream of owning such a rare treasure, I think the cost on this one is beyond what I would be willing to sacrifice.

Good luck to the seller and I hope the book finds a home in the hands of a collector who can truly treasure it.

PS - This is all in fun. My wife is a wonderful person and the most understanding woman I know. She tolerates a lot from me, but I think buying this AC1 would test even her patients.