• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Miswraps seem to be very common with this book. My copy has a FC to BC miswrap as do the Boston and Western Penn if I'm not mistaken. The Winnepeg

and that first copy you show have that "diagonal" miswrap. Unfortunate that bad production quality has marred so many HG examples of this book. frown.gif

Korvac, your spot there! Though the nameless 9.6 is the exception on registration, it does other detractions, where the spine has mild abrasion with tiny color flecks missing.

Here is my meager offering on this Marie Severin classic

TalestoAstonish93.jpg

nothing meagre there, a classic is a classic, is a classic!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

And your copy is the same as my unslabbed copy...and slabbed is always the lesser of the two options - except for when you come to pay for them, and any *spoon* with deep pockets can do that. foreheadslap.gif

Edited by Mr Pym

TalestoAstonish93.jpg

nothing meagre there, a classic is a classic, is a classic!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

And your copy is the same as my unslabbed copy...and slabbed is always the lesser of the two options - except for when you come to pay for them, and any *spoon* with deep pockets can do that. foreheadslap.gif

The book has a little history to it. I aquired the book from SilverSurfer about 2 years ago. In a moment of weakness (and not realizing how tough they were to find in VF/NM at a decent price) I sold it to Banner. I was badgering Mike at the Greensboro show to buy another one and he agreed that when he did, I would get first chance at it. Well, Mike upgraded his and now she is back in my collection cloud9.gif

Arex

The book has a little history to it. I aquired the book from SilverSurfer about 2 years ago. In a moment of weakness (and not realizing how tough they were to find in VF/NM at a decent price) I sold it to Banner. I was badgering Mike at the Greensboro show to buy another one and he agreed that when he did, I would get first chance at it. Well, Mike upgraded his and now she is back in my collection cloud9.gif

Arex

A book with a story... cloud9.gif Well I guess that's what makes ped's so popular, and nothing better than your own story! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I take it you won't be letting it slip away again any time soon. thumbsup2.gif

Arex

A book with a story... cloud9.gif Well I guess that's what makes ped's so popular, and nothing better than your own story! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I take it you won't be letting it slip away again any time soon. thumbsup2.gif

I almost sold it back to Surfer, but he was kind enough to let me keep it.

Ive got an Avengers 12 9.0 that has a similar story:

I bought the book and then sold it to FT. He then sold it to a lady in Canada. I just happened to be browsing for Avengers CGC one night on Ebay and there it is. I hit the BIN (which was crazy low, she had to have quick cash for her cat) and she came back to me.

acclaim.gif